fit is the new skinny

Options
1235»

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    These days, I can tell when something a trigger will hit and put a stop to it, whereas before I had no idea. Education is key. Learn how to spot and stop triggers before they get out of control and you spiral back into the place you worked so hard to come out of.

This is a really important message, and one I hope anyone on the forums who's felt angry or scared when people comment about how many calories they're eating take to heart. As an anorexic in recovery (and sometimes, "recovery" seems like an odd word, because the battle of those triggers and ED patterns is constant) who gained weight from a hormone condition, I find myself so much more aware of what I'm doing to my body in terms of exercise and calories from this forum. An emphasis on fitness over appearance has resulted in me being happier with my appearance (and achieving that appearance) in such a much healthier manner, physically AND mentally.

Striving for a level of fitness over an appearance goal is really an awesome way to live.

I'm glad someone gets it. Thank you kindly.
    Options
    I totally agree with this topic. :) You look amazing.

:blushing: :bigsmile: thank you!
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Great story, you should feel proud of yourself!
    Options
    Great story, you should feel proud of yourself!

I do. Thank you!
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    You definitely Show and Prove that statement.

Awesome results!!!!!
    Options
    You definitely Show and Prove that statement.

Awesome results!!!!!

thank you!! :bigsmile:
  • cheers_b
    cheers_b Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this -- hopefully it will be a catalyst for anyone who needs reinforcement/support/encouragement towards a healthier sustainable result. BTW - I think you look great in the 2011 pic and newer. Congrats on the new healtier you! cheers b
    Options
    Thanks for posting this -- hopefully it will be a catalyst for anyone who needs reinforcement/support/encouragement towards a healthier sustainable result. BTW - I think you look great in the 2011 pic and newer. Congrats on the new healtier you! cheers b

thank you for your kind words!! :happy: