September 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @Scott6255 Sorry you are struggling, but you are awesome for getting out there and getting it done. We are having a few days of better weather - lower humidity and low temps in the upper 50's to low 60's. It probably won't last long, but I am enjoying it while I can. I'm so ready for fall.

Happy Birthday @martaindale ! It's great that you are setting such a good example for your daughter!

@polskagirl01 Feel free to rant. I'm glad other bikers threw the offending transportation off of the path.

@Teresa502 Wow. That's a long run. Glad you got it done. Yeah, the cooler, less humid weather felt great this morning. And, no, 2;30 isn't too late for an afternoon nap - it is still afternoon, isn't it?

• hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @martaindale !
    @shanaber yes I’ve already signed up. I’ll send you the link for my challenge and you can join that . I think that’s how it works!
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @martaindale Happy Birthday!

I ran my Mental Health 10k this morning. Started a little later than I planned because my mom called in the middle of the night about my dad going back in the hospital, so I didn’t sleep well. My pace was on par with my typical 10k pace, despite the heat and humidity, so I was ok with that.
    c98qya93zobq.jpeg

I have no idea why this photo is posting sideways...😳
    Sorry about you dad. Congratulations on completing the 10k. Nice photo!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @marisap2010 Great job on getting your 10K done. I hope your dad is doing okay.

Oh, I got my Scooby Doo swag in the mail today! :smiley:

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Boston week CHALLENGE RUN for @PastorVincent update!

Everyone’s team page should have a map now, and the leaderboard has a map. So as you do your miles it will display your progress as if you were running the Boston Marathon course.

There’s still two days before the start of the challenge, so please feel free to join. We’re doing 26 miles at any time during the week of Sept 7 - 14 in memory of @PastorVincent. Friend then message me for your challenge link. If you aren’t up to completing 26 miles in a week, post here and we can see who wants to team up.

For the people who have already signed up! Once you have joined a challenge, can you please message me with the link you used to join (just reply to the message I sent you if you are solo, if you are on a team please send the team link) and let me know what you would like your team name to be on the leaderboard, whether you want your usernames from here, your real name, or a unique team name. I didn’t realize that I needed to be editing the team names as people joined! Otherwise it gets awfully confusing. :D

Also, I have sent a few links to challenges which haven’t been joined yet. Make sure you go to your team challenge page and then join the challenge. If you have already joined your challenge should show up under “my challenges.”
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @martaindale Happy Birthday!
    @marisap2010 I remember you showing us the preview of that medal, it’s really cool. That is such a pretty pic of you!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @martaindale!!

@marisap2010 Great job on your mental health 10k. I agree - love the medal and very nice pic, you look great! Hope all is well with your dad

Great job on your 18 mile run @Teresa502! Are you going to do the virtual MCM on the date the race should be?

@quilteryoyo glad you had nicer weather, it certainly does help with pace and generally not feeling so hard. Sometimes things feel like a struggle - I've been doing mostly shorter runs for a couple of weeks and they all feel hard. But today's longer run didn't feel any harder, so at least there's that? Probably because of cooler temps too.

Nice job getting back to a sub 30 minute 5k @rheddmobile. Great news about your knee!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    Love the medal @marisap2010 ! Hope your dad is doing ok.

@rheddmobile Hooray for the new dishwasher! And good job on the 5K. Glad the knee seems to be cooperating.

Today was a rest day for me so my husband and I drove to Denton (2 hours away) to take our son his bedroom furniture.  But my new shoes came in today so I am looking forward to running in the morning. 

20200905_183303.jpg
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    Dammit. I can't get my picture to post. I'll have to try latet when I am not on my phone.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Many happy returns @martaindale

Hope you have better news from your Dad @Marisap2010 & nice medal!

Day 11 of keto complete and my body has not learnt how to convert fat to energy yet. Set out for 6 miles today and 2 miles in the cramps started. I can't tell if it is my body searching for carbs that aren't there or trying to access the belly fat for energy stores??? I kept it going until 4.1 miles though a slow pace, further than before and then walked the last 2 miles home.

I am going to stick it out for a month to see if I can train my body to the new energy source. No complaints on the weight loss side of things, almost 1/2 a stone down!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Great run @rheddmobile ! I aspire to a sub 30 minute 5K. Not happening anytime soon, I fear. But, one has to have goals, right? Yeah for the new dishwasher.

Thanks @katharmonic ! That gives me hope that my scheduled 10 miles tomorrow won't be any worse than my 3 milers. :lol: