September 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    A 10K for me this morning before work. I thought it was going to be cool and fresh like the day before yesterday, but was actually strangely hot and muggy for 6am.. a real struggle but it’s done!

Was due to carry on with couch to 5k with my kids this afternoon but it’s torrential rain and they got caught walking in it so I’m being kind and we will have a cosy evening indoors.

September total: 15.2m
    September goal: 100m

1/9: 7.6m
    2/9: 1.4m
    3/9: 6.2m

Jan- Aug 2020: 549.2 miles
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @martaindale I think @Scott6255 is in the Dallas area. I'm about 2 hours west of there and we have some 50's in our forecast for next week. I'm really looking forward to that, but I'll be happy with 60's too.

Yes, just a little north of Dallas.

tvpdeo8tizxn.png

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I'm counting on racing vicariously through you... everything here has been cancelled now
    ETA no idea if that's the right word, but you know what I mean

I know what you mean, and really hope my races will be able to happen (safely of course) so that you can vicariously join me!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Grocery shopping for my mom, will have a proper announcement for everyone who wants to join the Boston Marathon week challenge dedicated to @PastorVincent later.

I assume it’s okay to post about challenge hound here? Would it be against site rules if I added the link to Kristi’s gofundme on the challenge page?
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thanks @quilteryoyo @skippygirlsmom and @kgirlhart ! I actually am working through C25k to start like you mention kgirlhart, so I was curious how much would be *too much* for starting back up. I'm thinking I'll just do a light 1mi run today and not push it, because I have the feeling of really wanting to run, but I definitely don't want to injure myself and have to start back all over again once it heals up. I think I'm also going to take weekends off completely, maybe just play with my son outside/go on a walk with the kids. Especially since I just started back at work after maternity leave, I am going to soak up the weekend time I get with them.

@martaindale normally I wouldn't like virtual races, because part of it for me is the camaraderie and atmosphere of a race, but they have a lot of really cool virtual races now because of covid! I signed up for a Dunder Mifflin runners and a Back to the Future run because those are two of my favorites (The Office and B2TF), and I am super excited for the shirts! lol

I’m doing the Dunder Mifflin too! How can you not? Lol
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    I signed up for Pastor Vincent's Virtual Marathon. Thanks for the link, @rheddmobile .

I must have missed the link...?
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    Grocery shopping for my mom, will have a proper announcement for everyone who wants to join the Boston Marathon week challenge dedicated to @PastorVincent later.

I assume it’s okay to post about challenge hound here? Would it be against site rules if I added the link to Kristi’s gofundme on the challenge page?

Oops. Maybe I didn’t. I’ll look for it later.

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,985 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    I signed up for Pastor Vincent's Virtual Marathon. Thanks for the link, @rheddmobile .

I must have missed the link...?

Me too.
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    No run today. Biked 90+ minutes total of 24 miles plus 20 min strength.
    I am beat.
    I do have a race coming up Oct 3rd. They have also given a virtual option. Hoping to actually run it.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Oops...
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,985 Member
    Options

Oops. Maybe I didn’t. I’ll look for it later.

LOL I guess I missed both of these. 😊
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Announcement! Boston Marathon Week challenge run for @PastorVincent

There will be a challenge run in memory of @PastorVincent during the week of September 7 - 14. To join the challenge, friend me and message me (MFP doesn’t deliver messages unless you are friends first) and I will send you the link to your challenge team. The challenge is to run a marathon distance (well, actually challenge hound doesn’t support partial miles, so 26 miles), alone or as part of a team, during the week of this year’s virtual Boston Marathon. @PastorVincent was in training to qualify for Boston, so let’s come together and celebrate his life by running in his name!

Participants are also encouraged to do a random act of kindness in his memory. If you like, you can share about it here.

I also added the gofundme link for @PastorVincent’s wife Kristi and son Timothy to the challenge page.

Now, the way Challengehound handles team challenges is that each team gets their own challenge, which is part of a group containing all the challenges. You can view the leaderboard showing where everyone else is in the challenge by visiting the group page. If you want to do the miles as a team with someone else, get together with them, and one of you message me for your challenge to be set up, and I will message that person with the link that they can share with any team members. If you want to participate but don’t think you can do 26 miles in a week and don’t have a teammate, post here and we will see what we can do to get people together! @PastorVincent was all about helping new runners and how everyone who ran was a runner, no matter how many miles they ran or how fast. Also, if you have any special requests for your challenge setup, let me know.

You don’t have to join challengehound to participate in the challenge - if you want to just post about it on the thread, that’s fine too - but in order to be on the leaderboard and have a mileage tracker you do need to join.

Thanks, @rheddmobile !!! You did great!!
    I plan to do the full distance myself. What else does an old guy have to occupy his time?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Our paces for the intervals were similar today. I had a couple in the 11 min/mile range, but that was when I had to run up the hill I normally walk. You're doing great! If you really want to run the HM, I say go for it. You can do run/walk intervals. Hopefully, things will be better by 2021. Fingers crossed, anyway.

@ContraryMaryMary Glad you had a good run today! I'm sure you are going to do great on your HM.

@T1DCarnivoreRunner Glad you had the random support! It is the little things.....
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    Announcement! Boston Marathon Week challenge run for @PastorVincent

There will be a challenge run in memory of @PastorVincent during the week of September 7 - 14. To join the challenge, friend me and message me (MFP doesn’t deliver messages unless you are friends first) and I will send you the link to your challenge team. The challenge is to run a marathon distance (well, actually challenge hound doesn’t support partial miles, so 26 miles), alone or as part of a team, during the week of this year’s virtual Boston Marathon. @PastorVincent was in training to qualify for Boston, so let’s come together and celebrate his life by running in his name!

Participants are also encouraged to do a random act of kindness in his memory. If you like, you can share about it here.

I also added the gofundme link for @PastorVincent’s wife Kristi and son Timothy to the challenge page.

Now, the way Challengehound handles team challenges is that each team gets their own challenge, which is part of a group containing all the challenges. You can view the leaderboard showing where everyone else is in the challenge by visiting the group page. If you want to do the miles as a team with someone else, get together with them, and one of you message me for your challenge to be set up, and I will message that person with the link that they can share with any team members. If you want to participate but don’t think you can do 26 miles in a week and don’t have a teammate, post here and we will see what we can do to get people together! @PastorVincent was all about helping new runners and how everyone who ran was a runner, no matter how many miles they ran or how fast. Also, if you have any special requests for your challenge setup, let me know.

You don’t have to join challengehound to participate in the challenge - if you want to just post about it on the thread, that’s fine too - but in order to be on the leaderboard and have a mileage tracker you do need to join.

Thank you @rheddmobile ! You are great for setting this up!