September 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I just checked my bookmarks to see when I started with this group. It was August of 2018, so have been here for a little over 2 years now. I was reading through some of the posts - @PastorVincent had some really cool things to say. He posted this in Sept 2018. He said to insert the word month in place of day and was encouraging those of us who were woefully short of their August goals. It's appropriate for everyone today too.

Then, I noticed it has been a long time since we have heard from @MegaMooseEsq and @7lenny7 . Has anyone heard from them?

I follow @7lenny7 on Strava. He's still running and walking a lot, just clearly not MFPing at present. I have been wondering how @MegaMooseEsq is doing.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    9-1 7.2k slow
    9-2 7.2k easy
    9-3 7.2k moderate

September Total: 21.6k
    September Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k
    August Total: 172k

2020 Total through August: 1408k / 176k per month

Cloudy and low 60s F with no wind. It was still humid, even though it was cooler. Took the opportunity to push the pace just a little in preparation for next week.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-8 to 9-13 "Virtual Boston with Vincent" Time goal 5:15:00
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I still haven't gotten a run in yet. I've been super tired lately and last night I was laying on the bed and my ran in and jumped on the bed. As she did she hit my ankle. It's a little swollen and sore still this morning.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    I need to get a run in though this change to keto is zapping everything in me a the moment. Going to try to start with a 5k and see how it goes.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 I missed the gofundme link. If you would share it again, that would be great.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Here you go @quilteryoyo

“Mandy Camara would you be able to please share the Go Fund Me for Vincent’s wife and son with the running group? And with anyone who may be able to help? It would be greatly appreciated 💕

https://www.gofundme.com/f/in-memory-of-vincent-trigili

@RunsOnEspresso im so sorry! I hope you heal soon!

@TheMrWobbly you can do it! Even if you walk! I know a lot of people doing keto and it does seem that the first week or so is very difficult. The good news is that this part is temporary!

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    September Goal: 100 Miles

9/1: 6.22 miles
    9/2: 5.05 miles
    9/3: 6.06 miles

17.33/100 miles completed for September

962.56/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement Pounders

I ran 6 miles this morning. It was ~70°F with 99% humidity. It was a lot tougher than yesterday, but not quite as tough as Tuesday's run. I managed a pace of 10:48 so even though I wasn't as fast as yesterday, I was happy to keep it under 11 min/mile. I am starting to train for my half that is scheduled for Nov. 7th. There have been a few live races around here so I am hopeful that we will get to run. I'm a little nervous, but it is a really small race (they limit it to 100 people even before Covid) and it looks like the company running it has done a few others and they are staggering starts and requiring masks at the start and skipping awards ceremonies and such. So I guess we'll see. My training plan called for a pace run today, but since I ran yesterday's run at a pretty close to 10k race pace I'm switching yesterday and today.

@martaindale I think @Scott6255 is in the Dallas area. I'm about 2 hours west of there and we have some 50's in our forecast for next week. I'm really looking forward to that, but I'll be happy with 60's too.

exercise.png

2020 races:
    11/7/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon