September 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart I am so, so sorry.

I don't know what's going on with parents. My step-mother (an introvert with a fear of phones even worse than my own) called yesterday and blurted out "Your father's in hospital, they think he has a brain tumour".
    They're in the UK. I'm in Spain, which the UK has on its black list for travel so even if it would do any good for me to just jump on a plane I can't because I would have to quarantine for a fortnight and that's impossible. Ugh. I feel so, so useless. I'm not good at coping with situations I can't just get on and fix.
    @rheddmobileor@Camaramandy648Do you know when Kristi is planning to run? It would be nice if we knew when she was going to do her last few miles and maybe some of us could virtually run with her (at the same time for the same distance), assuming she isn't going to run it all at one time.....or even if she was and we could somehow know when she was near the finish line.

I think this ^^^ is a beautiful idea, reminded me of when PV would finish a race and then go back out to find Kristi and run her in. It would be a wonderful gesture if we could run her in for him on this one.

Oh @eleanorhawkins I’m sorry to hear about your Dad too! This is just such sad times for so many on here. Sending lots of love to you. I wish there was some way of managing the quarantine rules in compassionate grounds... ☹️

Totally agree about virtually running with Kristi. And a fab memory of Pastor V to have shared. I knew both he and his wife ran, but I didn’t know he used to do that in races. X
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    So sorry @kgirlhart about your Dad.

And @eleanorhawkins that is so hard not being able to be there.

@hamsterwheel6 I'm sorry about your race, maybe it's a blessing in disguise with that hamstring though.

I love the idea about running Kristy in those last few km/mi.

There's so much tough stuff going on.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart I am so sorry to hear about your father.

@eleanorhawkins I’m sorry to hear about your father too. I know that must be incredibly difficult to be so far away.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    No run last night, but went out for a walk and saw these guys:
    9345as7rcw4a.jpeg
    There was a third one hidden in the trees as well.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart very sorry about your Dad 😢 but glad that he had family beside him at the end.
    @eleanorhawkins so sad that you can't be there for your Dad.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,988 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @shanaber Glad you had a good run and love the sunglasses and shoes. Great nature shots too.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad @kgirlhart ! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh my goodness @eleanorhawkins ! That's horrible news about your dad and the fact that you can't be there is so hard. Keep us up to date. I can't recall at what point Pastor Vincent would meet Kristi in the race. Maybe someone else does.

@marisap2010 Cool that you saw the deer.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,717 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss @kgirlhart. Glad he had his family with him at the end. Big hugs.

Sorry about your father too @eleanorhawkins. Are you able to even talk to him on the phone? I know you feel so helpless.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    I'm so very sorry for loss of your dad @kgirlhart. My heart goes out to you and your family.

@eleanorhawkins oh no, that is so hard. My thoughts to you and your family as well. It is so hard to be far away and to not be able to do anything to get there. I hope you can talk to him, facetime maybe?

Wishing you both strength and comfort.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Not a ton of time but

@rheddmobile kristi would like to know if she can have a link for her other family members - and their son would like to bike the 26 miles.

I said YES and YES and YES

ALSO

What would it take to get the medals manufactured into real ones? I’m going to look into this today.

How many different challenge teams does she want set up? I can do as many as needed. Also let me know the dates wanted. I will set everyone to include bike and virtual bike as options. Will message you with details.

A while ago I was looking into what it takes to get small batches of medals, and there are a couple of places that stood out as possibilities. The main thing is that most places want a minimum order. If you wanted to go a more DIY approach they could be 3D printed. The “medal” currently is just an image but my husband could fairly easily do a 3D file from it.
  • rheddmobile
    Options
    @kgirlhart My gosh, so sorry. Just saw the news. Love and prayers to you and your family.
  • rheddmobile
    Options
    @kgirlhart I am so, so sorry.

I don't know what's going on with parents. My step-mother (an introvert with a fear of phones even worse than my own) called yesterday and blurted out "Your father's in hospital, they think he has a brain tumour".
    They're in the UK. I'm in Spain, which the UK has on its black list for travel so even if it would do any good for me to just jump on a plane I can't because I would have to quarantine for a fortnight and that's impossible. Ugh. I feel so, so useless. I'm not good at coping with situations I can't just get on and fix.
    @rheddmobileor@Camaramandy648Do you know when Kristi is planning to run? It would be nice if we knew when she was going to do her last few miles and maybe some of us could virtually run with her (at the same time for the same distance), assuming she isn't going to run it all at one time.....or even if she was and we could somehow know when she was near the finish line.

I think this ^^^ is a beautiful idea, reminded me of when PV would finish a race and then go back out to find Kristi and run her in. It would be a wonderful gesture if we could run her in for him on this one.

I love this idea.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Morning all!

Not a ton of time but

@rheddmobile kristi would like to know if she can have a link for her other family members - and their son would like to bike the 26 miles.

ALSO

What would it take to get the medals manufactured into real ones? I’m going to look into this today.

Check here https://www.justawardmedals.com/Custom-Award-Medals-s/169.htm

ETA looks like minimum 30 if you put design on the round medal.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart So very sorry about your dad. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    @eleanorhawkins Keeping you and your dad in my thoughts and prayers as well.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Not a ton of time but

ALSO

How many different challenge teams does she want set up? I can do as many as needed. Also let me know the dates wanted. I will set everyone to include bike and virtual bike as options. Will message you with details.

A while ago I was looking into what it takes to get small batches of medals, and there are a couple of places that stood out as possibilities. The main thing is that most places want a minimum order. If you wanted to go a more DIY approach they could be 3D printed. The “medal” currently is just an image but my husband could fairly easily do a 3D file from it.

@rheddmobile i think she’s got between 5-10 people that would join her.

@kgirlhart i am so so sorry