September 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Also @noblsheep i hope you are able to get some rest!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    5 miles this morning. Temp was great for shorts and short-sleeve tech shirt at 42F. I ran with a friend who hasn't been running much since the pandemic hit so we took it slow and easy. Since I was getting ready at the gym I decided to lift a few weights before I showered and got ready for work.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    9/1 – 6 with Champ
    9/2 – 3 with Champ
    9/3 – 5 miles
    9/4 – 3 miles of trail climb with Champ
    9/5 – 7 miles
    9/6 – 5 miles
    9/7 – 5 miles with Champ
    9/8 – 5 miles with Champ
    9/9 – 10K for my monthly challenge
    9/10 – 3 miles with Champ
    9/11 – 5 miles with Champ
    9/12 – 6 miles
    9/13 – 5 miles with Champ
    9/14 – 2 miles with Champ
    9/15 – 6 miles
    9/16 – 4 miles with Champ
    9/17 – rest day
    9/18 – 5 with Champ
    9/19 – 7 miles
    9/20 – 5 miles with Champ
    9/21 – 6 miles

99 (102.57) of 115 miles

@martaindale pretty place to run
    @katharmonic I hate when I course isn’t marked well. I ran a 5K trail race last year that ended up being over 6 miles and I came to the finish from the opposite direction as everyone else. Ha ha
    @T1dCarnivoreRunner that is terrible, hopefully they found him.
    @noblsheep what a weekend, I’m glad you were able to be there for your friend, I hope her baby is well soon. I can relate to work, can you believe I put 2 hours of vacation on my timecard each week because I’m at the CAP they allow you to carry and I don’t want to lose the 3 hours I accrue each week, then I’m actually work 45 – 50 hours a week. I decided come hell or high water I’m going to see Skip. On my project they thought they would make our software releases smaller and more frequent, okay so my team (the testers) have NO breaks in between testing. We literally are testing for the next 2 years. So stupid.
    @Teresa502 it was a perfect morning here too.

Races:
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler – done
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach – done
    Scooby Doo Virtual 10K - done
    Skunk Ape 5 miler August 1 trail race in person – done
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – August – done
    Chupacabra 10K/HM – August 22 - done
    Running of the Bulls Virtual 5K – 9/14 – 30/2020
    The Pinhoti Trail Challenge 335 miles virtual – 1 Sept to 31 Dec – 67 miles done
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July – September – our team has finished
    Space Race 400K Challenge 12 weeks running 248.5 miles to the ISS – August to November – 129 miles done
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – postponed from April
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!! @Camaramandy648
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I AM NEGATIVE!
    Great new @Camaramandy648

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Yes @kristinajeang I think your 2.5 miles on the soccer field totally count! Glad you're ankle is doing better.

Yippee @Camaramandy648!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Fantastic @Camaramandy648 :D
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    In a facebook group I'm in from my run club we're talking about struggling with getting runs/mileage in right now. I decided I need to plan ahead where and when I'm going to run for the week, because taking it day by day is leading to some very short runs for me. So this week I have Monday through Thursday runs planned, and a tentative for Friday. I don't have a mileage goal for these runs, but I do have a plan for time and place. Bonus - the forecast looks fabulous for the week.

I have to plan ahead too. I'm definitely one of those people who is way more likely to stick with a plan that just relying on myself to generate a plan day by day. I put mine in my calendar as a morning appt, usually about 1 month at a time. Then I can move it if the weather or my work schedule changes and I need to adjust. But having it there makes me feel responsible to it.

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    I AM NEGATIVE!

I get to go back to work tomorrow!

But first,

I’m going to do the first leg of the Jangover challenge in PUBLIC!

Hooray!!!!!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    In a facebook group I'm in from my run club we're talking about struggling with getting runs/mileage in right now. I decided I need to plan ahead where and when I'm going to run for the week, because taking it day by day is leading to some very short runs for me. So this week I have Monday through Thursday runs planned, and a tentative for Friday. I don't have a mileage goal for these runs, but I do have a plan for time and place. Bonus - the forecast looks fabulous for the week.

I have to plan ahead too. I'm definitely one of those people who is way more likely to stick with a plan that just relying on myself to generate a plan day by day. I put mine in my calendar as a morning appt, usually about 1 month at a time. Then I can move it if the weather or my work schedule changes and I need to adjust. But having it there makes me feel responsible to it.

That's why I use Hal, despite my love/hate relationship with him. Accountability, I guess.
    Great news @Camaramandy648
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options

That's why I use Hal, despite my love/hate relationship with him. Accountability, I guess.
    Great news @Camaramandy648

I miss hal.