WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,557 Member
    Options
    Boop. Tired boy, on our way home. Sitting in the back seat with him so I can pet him more, ohh yogi, u got it good
    nacwk50dswlj.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Vicki: Sadly, there are perverts who enjoy hacking just to get attention and upset people. :cry:

Heather: Guessing that the zero drawer is a fast freezer. Do you have a manual in your paperwork for the refrigerator? :star:

Faye: We had a sternwheeler night cruise many years ago during the Christmas Season in the Willamette River in Portland. There was food, a wet bar, and loads of lights to see. We also had an extended family cruise to celebrate my Auntie’s birthday. That was a daytime cruise in the summer, and also fun. :heart: My birth sign is Cancer. Some idiot highjacked it and made it the name of a dreaded disease. :grumble:

Tina in CA: DH was put on a FODMAP diet by his doctor several years ago and it has helped him with digestion because he is not able to digest gluten. I still eat wheat products. They aren’t a problem for me. We both love noodles and have discovered gluten free pasta. Loads of interesting shapes, a nice flavor, and they don’t upset DH’s digestive system. Some are made with brown rice flour and others are made with white rice flour. :star:

Ginny in OH: Sending good thoughts for your son and DDIL :heart:

Pip: I love the photos of the dog and Kirby, too. Have fun! :smiley:

JenniferK: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Dr. Katie: I hope your finger heals well and quickly. :star:

Barbara: Medical help that far away is worrisome when there is an emergency. Is life flight available? :huh: We have old friends who moved to the coast, somewhere south of Florence, maybe near Coos Bay. Their place is also an older single-wide. It has been dolled up, is very appealing, and they seem happy. I love the Girl Scout message. My DGD has been a happy Girl Scout for quite a while, now. :smiley:

Heather: Enjoy your new refrigerator. :star:

Michele: I agree with you about the Johnny Jump Up. Our kids loved it. If there are stairs nearby PJ is safer in a Johnny Jump-up than crawling near an open stair well. :noway:

Machka: Having my gallbladder out was a blessing. I had only one gallstone, but it was huge. If you wake up sweating with pain, it may be your body trying to get rid of a gallstone. That would be the signal to find out if you need surgery. :heart:

Faye: The “new” star signs move me from Cancer to Gemini. Good news! I’ve never wanted Cancer—because of the disease. My daughter will now also be in Gemini, but DS will still be in Cancer. My mom was born 9/11/11 and would have been devasted to have her birthday the same date as the attack on the World Trade Center if she had lived a bit longer. Her newly updated birthday would have been in August. :smiley: I think I’ve slipped into woulda/shoulda/coulda land. :wink: I will be exceedingly surprised if people actually change their birthdates.

I’m ready to go upstairs and share a cup of coffee with DH. Have a great day!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Doing ok so far. Can't wait for tops tomorrow and there is only one reason to want to go to tops and that's to see how much i've lost. Well an other reason is to meet with the tops friends.

Linda in Northern Ontario
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Llll
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Katla No one is changing their birthday because the calendar is the same, just the zodiac sign. How awesome your sternwheeler trips. My mother was born in 1919 during the Spanish Flu pandemic.

I just saw a doctor on TV (nonpolitical show) talking about how the Sars2Covid2019 is mutating into a milder Coronavirus much like a cold virus. It is more contagious than ever but less deadly. I am doing more research but so far that agrees with the genetic sequence according to Dr. Li-Meng Yan. I don't plan to make any changes to my sanitation routine. In time I may change my social behavior to include hugging and mask-wearing only in high-risk situations, but time will determine that.

Very typical fall day here which is great since this is the first day of fall.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,225 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    New restrictions in the UK, but I can still see the grandchildren on Friday in the garden.( If I lived in Scotland, I couldn't. ) I am making a cake for Edie. She loves my Whole Orange cake! I have an Edie is 7 decoration and fountain candles. :D Presents are guinea pig pyjamas and pom pom makers and yarn. <3 I dropped off her card today. Her birthday tomorrow.
    My hope is we can still meet up at a social distance in the future. Outside. I miss close contact, but we can get by. Love them so much it hurts. Their optimism and spirit is always a tonic.

Zoom tomorrow with my old school friends. Gwendolen and I talked about our school at lunchtime. At the time we didn't appreciate it, but, with the wisdom of hindsight, I can see how lucky we were! Our headmistress was ahead of her time. :)
    Plus she saved Gwendolen 's life by spotting her anorexia before it was too late.

Katla - It's part of the fridge and keeps things a bit colder than the rest, depending on how you set the temperature. I have the fridge at 5° and the cold drawer is at 3°. If I took it down overall it would get colder in proportion. It's for fresh meat, fish etc. It can go down to 0°.
    I'm still loving it!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• pipcd34
    Options
    Ooooo
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is Hobbit Day!

"Explore the Shire on September 22nd during Hobbit Day. While there, celebrate the birthdays of Bilbo and Frodo Baggins. The novels The Hobbit and the The Lord of the Rings trilogy written by J.R.R. Tolkien bring to life the world of Middle-Earth. According to the stories, Bilbo and Frodo were born during the Third Age in the years 2890 and 2968 respectively. Translated to Shire-reckoning, Bilbo was born in 1290 and Frodo in 1368."

KJ - I got a laugh out of the "Pilot room." We'd be much more organized around here if we still had a pile-it room. Since we moved, we haven't downsized our stuff sufficiently to fit comfortably into the smaller home. Since we want to go smaller still, we really need to make that a priority.

Tracey - I sincerely doubt that any health care in the U.S. would be provided free of charge, other than perhaps for the poorest of the poor. People who earn above the federal poverty level (which for 2020 is just under $13,000 per year for an individual) will have to pay for their vaccines. Healthcare here is all about the profits.

drkatiebug - I'm very sorry to hear about your nephew. Glad your family was able to remember him with a service.

Matchka - Congratulations on dropping something from your list of commitments! Even if you didn't do much as First Aid Officer, I'm sure the responsibility must bear some mental weight.

bananasandoranges - I'm right there with you in the low-motivation club. Hope you get a boost in your spirits soon.

Michele - I miss hugs too!

Terri - About the wardrobe clearout... my biggest problem is letting go of the idea that I might need things again. For example, the renaissance faire costumes or the crosscountry ski gear - I hate the idea that I won't be doing that again. But maybe I need remind myself that getting rid of excess doesn't mean I can't do those things again. I could just pick out a couple of favorite outfits and donate the rest.

Philip has agreed to help me with my motivation by going on daily walks with Luna and me. The rain finally let us yesterday in time for us to have a nice walk in the evening. It's rainy again today, but it looks like we'll have enough breaks to do it again after work. I can't tell you how relieved I am to have a break in the heat - it's been exhausting this year!

The rain is doing all the plants so much good. I'm very excited to finally have a persimmon crop this year! I planted the tree five years ago and this is the first year it look like we'll get fruit. In previous years we've had tiny persimmons but they all fell off instead of maturing. The internet tells me that's not uncommon for young trees.

Thinking of you all.

-Yvonne in TX
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday morning. Reread my post from yesterday and so sorry about all the spelling errors. It is never been great for me, but yesterday was bad.

Weigh in this morning was not as bad as I was afraid of, but not good. Got to get back on logging and doing the right things.

Heather--interesting leaflet with the new fridge freezer. Have never seen one like that. Not sure what to think of it.

Yvonne--I can understand. I do okay at work, but once I get home, it's like okay eat everything in sight and just do nothing else. I did get a lot done as far as cleaning the house this last Saturday morning, But it is like time has stopped and nothing is real. I just want this to be over and life get some normal back.

Katiebug--So sorry for your loss. Sounds like you had a lot to handle and with the weather and Covid. Be interested in what you learn about dressing for shape.

Michele--Sounds like you had a lot of PJ time and made the most of it. So happy for you.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    DrKatieBug ... so very sorry to hear about your nephew. The pandemic has taken its toll in so many ways. Hugs.

Saw this today and it made me chuckle. For those outside of the US, Mayhem is a character in Insurance Commercials.
    1mx6oaegcsds.jpg

It is beautiful here in Western New York. Fall, my favorite time of the year is here. First year our Honeycrisp Apple tree decided to bear a good bit of fruit. The deer got most of them, but I picked about an 8 quart basket full. We didn't spray with insecticides, so most of them were gnarly. But I did get some beautiful ones too and they are wonderful just as is. We have a Fireside Apple tree as well, but they won't be ready until mid-October. They look pretty small to me and will be mostly be used for apple butter if I decide to bother with them.

My friend with the immune issue is home from the hospital and doing well. I and another friend are going to sit on her patio Thursday and celebrate our birthdays with a lunch we will take to her. We usually get together for a birthday lunches, but this year, with covid and illness, we've missed birthdays. So this will do! We will get nowhere close to our recovering friend, but we will get to see her and that's good enough!

The investigation into my son's choking incident seems to be wrapping up. I would expect that he will head back to his group home in early October. He's ready. Living with his dad and I drives him nuts as we don't stay up late and watch the sporting events that he thrives on. At his home, he calls the shots!

My younger son has been struggling. While he (his dad and I actually) still has a lease on an apartment in Nashville, he's not been able to find work in the music industry since graduating in May. He has no support network in Nashville, no one who really cares and covid is surging there. He's been alone in his apartment with no work, no friends, eating and drinking way too much ... it's a recipe for disaster. We encouraged him to come home two weeks ago to hit a figurative "reset" button. We are helping him assess his options. I feel so badly for him, but he has bills coming due and will need to move forward.

The scale is finally moving downward again. Yay! It has been doing a roller-coaster thing for a while now, so hoping the the loss will be trending.

Beth near Buffalo

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Mayhem as Person of the Year for 2020. Yes! Perfect. laughinglaughinglaughing.

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Ok, two slices of bacon, drizzled with a bit of honey, and hot shot seasoning is to die for! I had 1 bagel, toasted with two garden burger patties, 1 slice pepper jack cheese, 2 slices of tomato, with a bit of mayo. On the side was some sweet potato fries, and a pickle. I am happy until tomorrow.👍

💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    0d2y7mnidr4k.jpg
    Looks like a restaurant right? I haven't been to a restaurant since March so, I am my own!
    💖Rebecca
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    RITA ~ Love the beautiful photos of the desert flowers.

REBECCA ~ Your meal looks yummy.

BETH ~ Hoping your younger son can get his life on track and your oldest son is able to return to his home away from home.

HOBBIT: My last name happens to be Bilbo, so, you can imagine that we have the books and videos of the Hobbit.

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Heather: Your new refrigerator looks wonderful and I foresee many happy years of good service. :star:

Rita: I’ve had my flu shot, too. DH is stubborn and won’t take it. I hope he isn’t making a HUGE mistake. :ohwell:

We’re having some plumbing issues. We’ve called our plumber in to deal with a mistake he made the last time he was here. So far, service is S L O W. :grumble:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Options
    DH corrected me about the plumber. He isn’t late. I’m impatient.🙄
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,710 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies
    Im home and it was a long day.. but feels good to be back...
    I will be staying overnight with Faith Thurs- Sunday that way Jean will be up at the lake and i think they will be closing it up for the winter..
    One of our mutual friends passed away this passed week,she damaged her body with drugs and alcohol so very sad.. she was 4 yrs younger than me..
    Her brother is my age
    Have laundry in the washer.. new one coming tomorrow
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    :heart: