WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    I just got message password was compromised on this site. I did have a strange message in my inbox this morning too. I deleted it without opening it. It was written in a language I did not recognize. I just hit forget password to be sent to a link to change password.
  • margaretturk
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Allie You did the right thing. If he is over 21 you will not know what is going on with him medically unless he signs the form giving you permission to know. This does not stop you from calling his medical care and giving the information you know about him just know they will tell you absolutely nothing. Call the suicide prevention hot line to give you help if you think he is considering this step. Sometimes we need to intervene when someone does not want help to save their life. Be kind to yourself as you go through this.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka: You live in a beautiful place. It looks like a great place for walking.: star: The house in your picture is very appealing.

Margaret: I hope we don’t have a hacker. I’ve heard stories of Chinese hackers trying to hack into private computers to gain access to financial information. I don’t have any financial information on my computer. :noway:

I can see Mars in the sky this morning. Amazing! It is 5:30 am as I type.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • margaretturk
    Options
    It was only this site that the password was compromised. I immediately changed it and I use different passwords for all my sites.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

What's a monkey-monk?

high muck-a-muck
    [ˌhī ˈməkəˌmək]

NOUN
    high muckety-muck (noun)
    a person in a position of authority, especially one who is overbearing or conceited.
    "he was once a high muckety-muck at the CIA"
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »

What's a monkey-monk?

high muck-a-muck
    [ˌhī ˈməkəˌmək]

NOUN
    high muckety-muck (noun)
    a person in a position of authority, especially one who is overbearing or conceited.
    "he was once a high muckety-muck at the CIA"

Ah ... muckamuck and muckety-muck I've heard used in the past. :)

We just call them "The Higher-ups" and wave a hand over our heads because "The Higher-ups" are on the 10th floor. :)
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    My current downsized nylon/spandex underwear and sports beach bikini drawer. I stack mine like this because everything in a pile is the very same thing. I take my daily choice off the top and put the washed and clean garments on the bottom. I have a 3 panty to 1 bra ratio. I wear my bras for 3 days unless it gets sweaty. Bottoms are changed each day, sometimes twice should an incident requiring such occur. Yes, I am old and boring and love my black bottoms and beige bras with the occasional black bra just to shake things up in my underwear but love my earth tone browns in my sports beach bikinis. I have a new custom racerback banded sports swim bra in a brown color called clay on order. It will pair with the brown, banded bottoms for my morning workout. I like the freedom of movement that such a scant coverage affords. I just found it yesterday and gave away the gray "pewter" one (I just bought) to a friend's granddaughter. She has leggings to match and it looks amazing on her. She is a lifeguard and yoga instructor.

s0dj8yywm6p4.jpg

Here are just a few of the nylon/spandex fitness garments I had from age 60 to 68. Before cancer surgery, I gave away over 300 pieces clearing 4 drawers. All these pieces, some in several colors, went to younger more fit bodies. I still have several pair nylon/spandex straight-leg wide waistband pants and a matching nylon/spandex jacket and they hang nicely in my closet. I no longer have nylon/spandex tank tops and shorts. I wasn't going to wear them, so off they went in my big give away. I made the nylon/spandex mini beach skirt in this photo and did actually wear it to the beach where a young lady begged me to make her one or sell it. I took it off and she tried it on and it fit perfectly so I gifted it to her. It is on me (age 65) in the photo with a top I made. Notice the waist fat roll I was still working off at that point. I am about 160 lbs in this photo, down from 201.

I must admit I feel better downsizing and not spending so much time trying to decide what to wear under every day or solo for my workout or beach activities.

zvvqqg7xf8zm.jpg

Fae

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    Uuuu
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    9qtwt5kv3852.jpeg
    Pup Bullwinkle
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Margaret Hackers have caused me a lot of grief especially with Facebook so I canceled my FB once and for all. Not sure what they think they will get hacking this site unless you are buying a premium service and your credit card is on file here and they could hack into that. Maybe sites like these are training sites for hacker school.

Katla I saw Mars here also this morning and to think we have a rover exploring it. I don't know a lot about astronomy, but my dad was a high-level space scientist in the early days of NASA and he made giant telescopes and I was amazed by what I could see. It was a beautiful morning sky here, but they say California smoke is coming our way so we best enjoy the clear sky while we can.

Machka I love all the photos you post from your walks. That mansion reminds me of one in a town southeast of me. I cannot imagine maintaining such or keeping it clean.

Fae
  • margaretturk
    Options
    Fae they are looking for passwords because some use same password for multiple sites and the fact I got a strange e-mail tells me they were got my g-mail address from mft too. I never open an e-mail I am unsure of because that tells them they have a live e-mail account. It is just like I do not answer phone numbers I don't recognize for the same reason.

In these times it is better to be proactive. I took my birthday off Facebook and I have no personal info there and I did not do a mug shot. I do not even announce my birthday here.

Again we do need to remember this is a public site and anyone can come and read what we write. I only share what I want public.

:heart: Margaret
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Passwords/breaches - MFP was breached a couple of years ago. User names and passwords were accessed in that one. Often, lists from breaches from years past are kept on the down-low and used when no one is suspecting. That happened with LinkedIn, back in 2012. It was a massive breach (167 million user records). Users weren't notified until 2016. I changed my password there immediately and only a couple of months ago did anything show up from that breach. I knew, because I only used that email and password combo for LinkedIn. I got one of those blackmail emails that said they were watching me doing naughty things through my video camera and if I didn't pay up, they'd send the videos to my contacts. Made me giggle.

Tina in CA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I have diet head. I started eating at nine, have had 600 calories so far, which is plenty. I plan to stop eating at five, so my head already feels deprived and weak. Even though the challenge won't be until tonight. Silly brain.

Annie in Delaware
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,829 Member
    Options
    ((((Alie)))) I went through a similar thing with my son. He wanted help but couldn’t find anything he could afford so went deeper. He ended up running from police then fighting the arrest and put in the psychiatric ward at jail for 3 day. It was paranoia and depression that made him run, but started his road to help and recovery. I was a total basket case so completely understand. Call or message me if you need to talk.

Today is National Mud Pack Day and International Translation Day.

I’m depressed now thinking of what happened to my so and Allie’s. On a good note, My son got help and has been in a good place for the last 7 years. Just thinking about what happened scares me when I think what would have happened had he not first been arrested, got sick from not eating or sleeping good and ending up in ER.

RVRITA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    c04v1fc895u2.jpeg
    I'm pondering Athena.😁😁👵💪💖
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Allie ... so sorry your son is struggling.

Michele ... the pool stain remover is for both specific stains and all over stains. I still haven't been able to remove all the chlorine as the manufacturer recommends, so have not yet started the stain removing process. Hopefully within the next few days.

Hugs to Rita, Heather and Margaret too. My younger son deals with depression, one of the reasons he is home visiting at this time.

Clothing Drawers ... I'm just happy to get the stuff out of the laundry basket ... :p

My workload as a housekeeper is ramping up as programs restart and we reopen on a modified basis. I'm very tired and really need to make sure that I am getting good sleep. Part of that will happen when my older son heads back to his place. Soon perhaps.

My apple trees are done. I tried to pick apples last night before a heavy rain ...every time I pulled one off, 2 more would hit my head! :D I have enough for a couple of apple pies and the deer can have the rest.

Beth near Buffalo

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @drkatiebug hardware store, Safeway, and for dogs! wow! What is the price? I was surprised at the price here.22 euros for small bottle of light dose.

@Tina thanks for your thoughts and info on CBD.

@Auntibk thanks.

@bwcect Beth "Clothing Drawers ... I'm just happy to get the stuff out of the laundry basket .." right ! I know !
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I spent an hour cleaning today yay! then I went to a school to give a distance class from the school! one student had finished class when mine started and had tried to connect somewhere from the school but connection was bad so had to go home, and got there late to connect with me from home. absolutely crazy. I was giving distance class in classroom with no one in the classroom.