The iMago Relationship Advice thread

Options
CacoEther
CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
That’s right, ladies. For a short time only you can ask the man himself how to land that guy at work who ignores you and flirts with all your friends, or that neighbor who gas lights you and asks for pics of your mom. Time is wastin!

Replies

• CacoEther
    Options
    @iMago

Thinking about sending a suggestive text to my crush and following up with “oops wrong number lol” but i need help with logistics, please advise
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »
    @iMago

Thinking about sending a suggestive text to my crush and following up with “oops wrong number lol” but i need help with logistics, please advise

just do it but then say "oops my friend took my phone sorrrrrry" immediately after instead
  • CacoEther
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    @iMago

just do it but then say "oops my friend took my phone sorrrrrry" immediately after instead

Tell me why this is better, i spent all night crafting my original plan and i’m a little married to it tbh
  • iMago
    Options
    @iMago

Tell me why this is better, i spent all night crafting my original plan and i’m a little married to it tbh

plausible deniability. esp if you'd just sent him pics of like being out for a coffee somewhere. like you actually need to be out with friends for it to work.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    dear @iMago

the end of times is coming and i need to shore up my defenses. how to best pick a partner for the apocalypse? or is it better to trust no one bc the dissemination of anti-thought has already started so most are tainted anyways?
  • _DisasterDoll_
    _DisasterDoll_ Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    New phone who dis...
  • CacoEther
    Options
    @iMago

plausible deniability. esp if you'd just sent him pics of like being out for a coffee somewhere. like you actually need to be out with friends for it to work.

Ok um not the pics i had in mind but i can make it work
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    (sees thread title...): 'What are they up to now?' 👀

(reads initial posts...): 'A whole MESS!'

I which point I continued reading 🤣😭
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Ditto!
  • iMago
    Options
    @iMago

thats exactly why it works. you send the innocent "hey look im out with my friends" pics first, give it a few minutes of normal convo, then BOOM you hit em with the killshot text out of nowhere, and IMMEDIATELY deny it was you who sent it like "omg i can't believe my friend just did that"

if you're shameless do the same thing, but while you're just sitting at home alone. he will laugh and actually kinda fall for you maybe
  • CacoEther
    Options
    @iMago

thats exactly why it works. you send the innocent "hey look im out with my friends" pics first, give it a few minutes of normal convo, then BOOM you hit em with the killshot text out of nowhere, and IMMEDIATELY deny it was you who sent it like "omg i can't believe my friend just did that"

if you're shameless do the same thing, but while you're just sitting at home alone. he will laugh and actually kinda fall for you maybe
    @iMago

Have had maximum success with this. True story.

Might have to try this since it doesnt require the actual having of friends
  • CacoEther
    Options

Ditto!

Invalid relationship questions
  • iMago
    Options

Ditto!

its okay im used to disappointing women. no reason to change things now.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of scheduling a kayaking date with a guy I've been out with a few times. He said he may have to return the 2nd kayak he has to its owners before we get together. I suggested we sit laps and the response was something along the lines of "It would be tight, but I'm not opposed to it." NOT OPPOSED instead of CLIMB ON?!

Is this guy bad at flirting or has any interest he had disappeared? Should I wait until he gets settled in and head at him like that hippo vid that was shot with the iPhone?
  • CacoEther
    Options

Ditto!

its okay im used to disappointing women. no reason to change things now.

51zz3wddasw5.jpeg

Sorry you’re so short
  • iMago
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    I'm in the process of scheduling a kayaking date with a guy I've been out with a few times. He said he may have to return the 2nd kayak he has to its owners before we get together. I suggested we sit laps and the response was something along the lines of "It would be tight, but I'm not opposed to it." NOT OPPOSED instead of CLIMB ON?!

Is this guy bad at flirting or has any interest he had disappeared? Should I wait until he gets settled in and head at him like that hippo vid that was shot with the iPhone?

i'd say he did everything right if you're still confused as to what he wants exactly.

so i'd say nothing. just wait until the day of and wear some kind of skimpy bottoms and ask him to help you into the kayak and see who breaks first.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I can’t recall if I’ve ever spoken to you before iMago, but since you are obviously the relationship guru here on MFP...

Are ultimatums wise? Should I propose them to get what I want? Is this a reasonable strategy?