Replies

• _DisasterDoll_
    _DisasterDoll_ Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    slessofme wrote: »
    I'm in the process of scheduling a kayaking date with a guy I've been out with a few times. He said he may have to return the 2nd kayak he has to its owners before we get together. I suggested we sit laps and the response was something along the lines of "It would be tight, but I'm not opposed to it." NOT OPPOSED instead of CLIMB ON?!

Is this guy bad at flirting or has any interest he had disappeared? Should I wait until he gets settled in and head at him like that hippo vid that was shot with the iPhone?

i'd say he did everything right if you're still confused as to what he wants exactly.

so i'd say nothing. just wait until the day of and wear some kind of skimpy bottoms and ask him to help you into the kayak and see who breaks first.

Disappointed you advised on the wearing of any bottoms whatsoever.

Sheesh, you get what you pay for, I guess.

depends on how willing you are to catch a charge for public indecency

This is why I cant have nice things... or threads.

Cause, 10/10 would recommend going to jail for nekkid "kayaking"
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »

i'd say he did everything right if you're still confused as to what he wants exactly.

so i'd say nothing. just wait until the day of and wear some kind of skimpy bottoms and ask him to help you into the kayak and see who breaks first.

nbo7etrsanmt.gif

if the day comes and you can't decide on what type of outfit/bikini to wear to impress him, then just basically take whatever the skimpiest one you have and then find something smaller and hopefully that'll make him putty in your hands even if he's stoically trying to resist still.
    I can’t recall if I’ve ever spoken to you before iMago, but since you are obviously the relationship guru here on MFP...

Are ultimatums wise? Should I propose them to get what I want? Is this a reasonable strategy?

they're okay as long as you're 100% prepared to NOT get the response you want.

like lets say you're demanding he do something you want or "else", you best be prepared for the "else" to happen before you make the ultimatum. if you're not ready for that then don't do it.

This sounds very reasonable. I was hoping it would be less reasonable.

whats the ultimatum? we're in the trust tree here so dont be afraid to speak on it

Oh dang . . . *kitten* 's getting real. Well if we are in a trusty tree . . . I don't actually have one thought up, but if I did it would be around him going back to therapy/working on his anxiety and mental health or else . . . I, I dunno what I would do.

AH!! I just brought the thread down...sorry folks. This has been a fun distraction during work . . . I mean during my work breaks. Don't mean to be a downer.

aint nothing wrong with that. this whole things as fun or as serious as anybody wants to make it.

if you really wanted this person to go back to therapy and legitimately think he needs it, or "else", then i'd say that's probably a pretty deserved ultimatum.

being ready for him to choose "or else" is always a possibility though, no matter how much you might think it isn't. i've chosen "or else" myself a time or two even when it ruined me.

so basically- go for it, but first make sure you got money saved somewhere else and a suitcase full of clothes and such if you gotta bail afterwards.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    @iMago

Best strategy?

"Hard to get"
    Or
    "Easy to get"

...and which is more "respectable"?

playing it easy usually makes things harder

You know what? I'm slowly coming around...

This Logical D/Zaddy Vibe - especially from a man with no children - is getting to be fetching endearing. What other questions have we for the oracle?
  • _DisasterDoll_
    Options
    I'm in the process of scheduling a kayaking date with a guy I've been out with a few times. He said he may have to return the 2nd kayak he has to its owners before we get together. I suggested we sit laps and the response was something along the lines of "It would be tight, but I'm not opposed to it." NOT OPPOSED instead of CLIMB ON?!

Is this guy bad at flirting or has any interest he had disappeared? Should I wait until he gets settled in and head at him like that hippo vid that was shot with the iPhone?

owning a kayak myself i can 100% confirm there is no sexy way to successfully get in one and launch it

who says its the kayak that has to be launched
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

owning a kayak myself i can 100% confirm there is no sexy way to successfully get in one and launch it

I was contemplating: have him hold toward the front, step over and straddle, then sit and pull my legs in. Perhaps a skimpy bikini. Maybe I'll get ladylike, wear a skirt, and decide if there's an article of clothing or two that should be removed prior. To keep them dry, ya know.
  • iMago
    Options

idk some people think a girl being a lil clumsy is sexy

I was contemplating: have him hold toward the front, step over and straddle, then sit and pull my legs in. Perhaps a skimpy bikini. Maybe I'll get ladylike, wear a skirt, and decide if there's an article of clothing or two that should be removed prior. To keep them dry, ya know.

something something learn how to hold the oars and stroke properly?
  • _DisasterDoll_
    Options

pshhh -- what do I look like, an amateur?!
  • iMago
    Options

youre a brunette right?
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options

nbo7etrsanmt.gif

if the day comes and you can't decide on what type of outfit/bikini to wear to impress him, then just basically take whatever the skimpiest one you have and then find something smaller and hopefully that'll make him putty in your hands even if he's stoically trying to resist still.
    I can’t recall if I’ve ever spoken to you before iMago, but since you are obviously the relationship guru here on MFP...

Are ultimatums wise? Should I propose them to get what I want? Is this a reasonable strategy?

like lets say you're demanding he do something you want or "else", you best be prepared for the "else" to happen before you make the ultimatum. if you're not ready for that then don't do it.

whats the ultimatum? we're in the trust tree here so dont be afraid to speak on it

Oh dang . . . *kitten* 's getting real. Well if we are in a trusty tree . . . I don't actually have one thought up, but if I did it would be around him going back to therapy/working on his anxiety and mental health or else . . . I, I dunno what I would do.

AH!! I just brought the thread down...sorry folks. This has been a fun distraction during work . . . I mean during my work breaks. Don't mean to be a downer.

aint nothing wrong with that. this whole things as fun or as serious as anybody wants to make it.

if you really wanted this person to go back to therapy and legitimately think he needs it, or "else", then i'd say that's probably a pretty deserved ultimatum.

being ready for him to choose "or else" is always a possibility though, no matter how much you might think it isn't. i've chosen "or else" myself a time or two even when it ruined me.

so basically- go for it, but first make sure you got money saved somewhere else and a suitcase full of clothes and such if you gotta bail afterwards.

Thanks for the advice.

Now I reckon someone better hire you for a blog or magazine advice column! Or is @hrichts already paying you?
  • iMago
    Options

nbo7etrsanmt.gif

Thanks for the advice.

Now I reckon someone better hire you for a blog or magazine advice column! Or is @hrichts already paying you?

i did this pro-bono and im known for giving terrible advice is all
  • _DisasterDoll_
    Options

youre a brunette right?

I'll be whatever you want me to be.
  • iMago
    Options

youre a brunette right?

haha no sir and no ma'am, the last time i heard that it cost me 5 bucks and a night in the clink
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options

youre a brunette right?

haha no sir and no ma'am, the last time i heard that it cost me 5 bucks and a night in the clink

Was that the tweaker or the toothless one
  • CacoEther
    Options

youre a brunette right?

Damn
  • _DisasterDoll_
    Options

youre a brunette right?

So many inappropriate gifs...

I... Cant. :'(
  • iMago
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »

youre a brunette right?

hey we've been over this before- if you think they're actually an undercover officer, just *asking* them if they're an officer doesn't mean anything. they don't have to tell you at all.

*instead* you gotta specifically say something like "i'm a photographer and i'd like to pay you to let me take pics of you" basically. because if they're legit, they'll go for it, easy money and all.

but if they're actually a cop- there's no way they'd do it.
    plus they're not there to bust photographers or whatever who aren't doing anything illegal.
  • CacoEther
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »

youre a brunette right?

hey we've been over this before- if you think they're actually an undercover officer, just *asking* them if they're an officer doesn't mean anything. they don't have to tell you at all.

*instead* you gotta specifically say something like "i'm a photographer and i'd like to pay you to let me take pics of you" basically. because if they're legit, they'll go for it, easy money and all.

but if they're actually a cop- there's no way they'd do it.
    plus they're not there to bust photographers or whatever who aren't doing anything illegal.

TL/DR

Just check for teeth. No teeth = safe