The iMago Relationship Advice thread

Options

Replies

• _DisasterDoll_
    _DisasterDoll_ Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    I can’t recall if I’ve ever spoken to you before iMago, but since you are obviously the relationship guru here on MFP...

Are ultimatums wise? Should I propose them to get what I want? Is this a reasonable strategy?

Only if he’s the one making them.

IMHO. But I’m no @iMago
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    I can’t recall if I’ve ever spoken to you before iMago, but since you are obviously the relationship guru here on MFP...

Are ultimatums wise? Should I propose them to get what I want? Is this a reasonable strategy?

they're okay as long as you're 100% prepared to NOT get the response you want.

like lets say you're demanding he do something you want or "else", you best be prepared for the "else" to happen before you make the ultimatum. if you're not ready for that then don't do it.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options

IMHO. But I’m no @iMago

You’re about to get an ask @_DisasterDoll_ thread dedicated to you
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

like lets say you're demanding he do something you want or "else", you best be prepared for the "else" to happen before you make the ultimatum. if you're not ready for that then don't do it.

This sounds very reasonable. I was hoping it would be less reasonable.
  • iMago
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »

i'd say he did everything right if you're still confused as to what he wants exactly.

so i'd say nothing. just wait until the day of and wear some kind of skimpy bottoms and ask him to help you into the kayak and see who breaks first.

nbo7etrsanmt.gif

if the day comes and you can't decide on what type of outfit/bikini to wear to impress him, then just basically take whatever the skimpiest one you have and then find something smaller and hopefully that'll make him putty in your hands even if he's stoically trying to resist still.

whats the ultimatum? we're in the trust tree here so dont be afraid to speak on it
  • _DisasterDoll_
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »

IMHO. But I’m no @iMago

I mean, if everyone wants advice on being notoriously shameless and vulgar... prolly a bad idea tbh. I’m basically the worst. 😂
  • CacoEther
    Options

IMHO. But I’m no @iMago

I mean, if everyone wants advice on being notoriously shameless and vulgar... prolly a bad idea tbh. I’m basically the worst. 😂

The world needs more of this, i think we can all agree
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options

IMHO. But I’m no @iMago

“The worst” seems to be celebrated around here, I think
  • CacoEther
    Options

IMHO. But I’m no @iMago

“The worst” seems to be celebrated around here, I think

I know, i’m crushing so hard rn. SO hard
  • CacoEther
    Options

IMHO. But I’m no @iMago

How would you feel about a collab with @Caporegiem because that would be 😍
  • _DisasterDoll_
    Options

IMHO. But I’m no @iMago

Only if he lets me use his tools...
  • CacoEther
    Options

IMHO. But I’m no @iMago

He has really been lacking at sharing pics of his wood lately but maybe we can get him to show up
  • _DisasterDoll_
    Options

IMHO. But I’m no @iMago

He has really been lacking at sharing pics of his wood lately but maybe we can get him to show up

If you talk to him - tell him Tyrone is looking for him.
  • CacoEther
    Options

IMHO. But I’m no @iMago

If you talk to him - tell him Tyrone is looking for him.

Will do 💃🏼
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of scheduling a kayaking date with a guy I've been out with a few times. He said he may have to return the 2nd kayak he has to its owners before we get together. I suggested we sit laps and the response was something along the lines of "It would be tight, but I'm not opposed to it." NOT OPPOSED instead of CLIMB ON?!

Is this guy bad at flirting or has any interest he had disappeared? Should I wait until he gets settled in and head at him like that hippo vid that was shot with the iPhone?

i'd say he did everything right if you're still confused as to what he wants exactly.

so i'd say nothing. just wait until the day of and wear some kind of skimpy bottoms and ask him to help you into the kayak and see who breaks first.

Disappointed you advised on the wearing of any bottoms whatsoever.

Sheesh, you get what you pay for, I guess.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

But this is ACTUAL good advice. Again... NOT what I signed up for when clicking this thread. Harumphf.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    @iMago

Best strategy?

"Hard to get"
    Or
    "Easy to get"

...and which is more "respectable"?
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options

nbo7etrsanmt.gif

if the day comes and you can't decide on what type of outfit/bikini to wear to impress him, then just basically take whatever the skimpiest one you have and then find something smaller and hopefully that'll make him putty in your hands even if he's stoically trying to resist still.

whats the ultimatum? we're in the trust tree here so dont be afraid to speak on it

Oh dang . . . *kitten* 's getting real. Well if we are in a trusty tree . . . I don't actually have one thought up, but if I did it would be around him going back to therapy/working on his anxiety and mental health or else . . . I, I dunno what I would do.

AH!! I just brought the thread down...sorry folks. This has been a fun distraction during work . . . I mean during my work breaks. Don't mean to be a downer.
  • iMago
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    I'm in the process of scheduling a kayaking date with a guy I've been out with a few times. He said he may have to return the 2nd kayak he has to its owners before we get together. I suggested we sit laps and the response was something along the lines of "It would be tight, but I'm not opposed to it." NOT OPPOSED instead of CLIMB ON?!

Is this guy bad at flirting or has any interest he had disappeared? Should I wait until he gets settled in and head at him like that hippo vid that was shot with the iPhone?

Disappointed you advised on the wearing of any bottoms whatsoever.

Sheesh, you get what you pay for, I guess.

depends on how willing you are to catch a charge for public indecency