• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Faetta wrote: »
    Rebecca Long Beach, Wa is a cool place. I was there for a softball tournament way back when.

Michele "I'm bad"... Hahaha! The remote trick is me being supportive and motivational.

Tina If old age changes brought about disrespect and disregard as I see in some old men, then they would be moving out quick and in a hurry.

Rita Looking good and official in that park outfit. It is tough going back to work after so much time off, but at least you are close to your job. I took a park ranger job out of high school and my first assignment was cleaning the restrooms where someone had thrown poo all over the walls. I quit. That was my shortest job ever. They asked in the interview if I could clean toilets, not poop smeared walls and overflowed (intentionally) toilets. I couldn't believe any human could do such a thing.

Fae in Or.

Yes isn't Long Beach just a hope skip from the bridge over to Oregon by Astoria? We still want to do most our shopping at the Freddies there. Plus we could to the long haul to Portland for his yearly appts. I need to be by the ocean!💖
    💖Rebecca

I think the Astoria Megler Bridge is about 20 miles from the Long Beach Peninsula. Also, OHSU takes patients from all around the world. Most highly specialized doctors that work for OHSU also have private offices near the campus.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Katla, just a quick pop in to let you know the Voters' Pamphlet arrived in our mailbox. No ballot yet.
    Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Oh Lisa, I really hope things are taking a turn for the better. <3 What an absolute b....r. Sending love.

Michele - Hope Vince is OK.

I just learned from Facebook that my elder son had covid back in March. :o Things your kids don't tell you. He is fine, but still fatigued.

KJ - Loving the pics. :D<3 You are so young!!!!!!

Love Heather UK XOXO
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I just tried to post something that went off into outer space. Here goes again, shorter version. Lucky you! :p

Kim - thank you for the Lisa updates. Sending her hugs and plenty of get well vibes. <3 Good wisdom and insight into being a caregiver for family members, Machka is setting the example for many of us. We plan what we can do if it happens, and will learn as we go along if we get there.

Rebecca - sending vibes YOUR way for getting Lee back under OHSU's good care, however that might happen.

Vicki - good that your church alerted about families with Covid. I presume the families are home now, under quarantine? Hope their symptoms are minimal. Good idea wearing a mask under those circumstances.

We also like "Forged in Fire". Used to watch Deadliest Catch a lot, but not so much anymore. The accountant I worked for Seattle had the Northwestern as a client, Sig Hansen and the crew would pop into the office now and then. He is short. One day he "cussed" one of his daughters out over the phone, in Norwegian, lol.

Katla - your stratolounger story reminded me of another reason I liked mine (it was dark brown leather color) - there was room for me plus 2 little dogs.

After doing some hearty hamstring and hip flexor stretches this morning, went on the 2 mile walk with neighbor then out to the potting shed for my SWSY (Strong Women Stay Young) routine. Felt great - boy did I need it. Have Pip's boot ready to get me into doing it again on Saturday.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Allie: You are a natural caregiver. Your support is a gift to the people you’re taking care of and also their family members who cannot be there in person. :heart:

Tina in CA: I am with you on the yoga situation. I can’t be my own leader & at this point DH’s health is my priority. I can’t risk bringing the virus home to him. :ohwell:

(((Michele:))) Sending good thoughts for Vince. I hope he is better soon. :heart:

Kim: Thank you for letting us know how Lisa is doing. Sending (((hugs))) and :heart: her way. You are a good friend to many of us, including me. Thank you! :heart::heart::heart:

DH is choosing to send me off to Walmart to buy food storage boxes. I want him to come along. I doubt he will choose to do it. He’s not feeling the best today. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    W
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Katla, just a quick pop in to let you know the Voters' Pamphlet arrived in our mailbox. No ballot yet.
    Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Yes!! Our pamphlet arrived today, as well. It's huge! I think half of it is devoted to measures 108 and 109. :wink: I think I know how I want to vote on those, but the tax increase in 108 is pretty hefty.

Have fun reading!! And voting!!!

The ballots can't be far behind.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Well Faith ate a few bites of supper and refused to eat anymore..
    I am trying to bite my tongue as Jean has moved cameras around.. one pointed at the refrigerator. I always bring my own food and drink with me . And I think she might have put one in her bedroom which i wont go in... it just feels odd that she has the time to spy on caregivers.. well anyway.. im only here until 4 tomorrow.
    Oh excitement of the day somehow a wren got into the house ,i rescued it and.got it back outside lol
    Yes Barbie im accepting that i cant change what Jean does .so will just deal with it....
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Kim, thank you for keeping us in the loop in regards to Lisa. Sure hope things start looking up for her. Good to hear that your mom's surgery went well and she is doing okay.
    Michele, sincerely hope Vince is feeling better!
    Machka/Heather and others, hubby and I have both declared that if the other needs to be in diapers that they are on their own! Well, a care facility. Thankfully, with government health care, there are facilities available that won't cost anything, (the gov't pension will cover - the homes take about 90% of it) but they are not necessarily the best. But the best do cost, and when push comes to shove, you want good care, day trips and amenities aren't necessarily what you want/need. My mom was in care, only for about 4 mos, after having spent a few months in hospital (she went in with pneumonia). Mom was happier in the care facility than she was in the hospital, I think she would rather have been at home, but Dad was not able to help her get to the bathroom. It was bad at night, during the day she could get there herself, but she had mobility issues caused by MS. At least at the facility there were people there to help her, day and night, and she was starting to get back into some activities that the local MS center provided. She had a heart attack at the center and did not survive. That happened on a Tuesday, I had seen her on the Sunday and she said her left arm was kind of sore. Of course, it all made sense after the fact, but she was obviously having issues on the Sunday already, but didn't say anything to any nursing staff. She did have a DNR order on her file, so who knows what could have been done anyway. I managed to raise my kids and care for them, but I don't think I could do it for an adult, especially an older one. Definitely not my strong suit! Plus I'm not getting any younger either, so it would be like my dad trying to look after my mom, his health and strength were failing too. Getting old is not for sissies!
    Heather, glad to hear that your son is recovering from Covid, how unnerving it must have been to read about it on his Facebook page tho! Kids indeed.....
    Kelly, awesome photos of you and the fam! So glad you are enjoying them!
    That's is for me for now, I'm at work, quiet today which given the extreme wildness of last week, I'm okay with! lol
    Congrats to those celebrating, hugs for those needing them and welcome to any newbies that I (probably!) missed!
    Evelyn, on windy Vancouver Island (we're in for rain this weekend! I do have to keep reminding myself that it is October!)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day-

walking to park w/family- 15.53min, 83ahr, 84mhr, .80mi= 74c
    sträva app- 97c
    slow jog w/family- 34.14min, 10.31min mi, 144ahr 168mhr, 81elev, 3.25mi= 358c
    sträva app= 397c
    walk home w/family- 38.29min, 3.20ap 96ahr, 121mhr, 2.08mi= 230c
    strava app= 252c
    Zwift bike trainer- 42.11min, 21.7amph, 436elev, 143ahr, 165mhr, 15.24mi= 467c
    sträva app= 416c
    other- laundry, dusting- 34.22min, 92ahr, 102mhr, = 155c

total cal 1284
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    As you can guess, no exercise today. The PLAN for tomorrow is to do Tracy Anderson’s Total Body Mini-Trampoline Workout DVD. This is a new one and I’m really looking forward to it.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and good thoughts for Vince and myself. Today they called it atrial flutter, last night they called it PAC (preliminary atrial contraction – not sure of the last word). We did learn that if you need to go to the hospital, go in an ambulance. The people who go in an ambulance are given higher priority than those just walking into the ER. Which is sad. Like today the EMS really didn’t need to come to the house, but if Vince hadn’t gone in the ambulance we would probably have had the wait we had last night.

Boy, was I tired when we got home last night! I mean, to the point where I didn’t have dinner, I just went straight to bed. Went to work this a.m. but left when Vince called to say that he’d called 911. They understood why I had to leave when I did.

Got to the hosp. around 8:30 and home around 1. Then I had to go to WalMart to get the prescription filled. They put him on another drug (Cardizem?) and told him not to take the atenolol but stay on the coumadin. He’s going to go to a different cardiologist because the one who did the ablation was an EP guy. He left and the practice never replaced him with another EP guy. There’s one in town.

Then decorated these cupcakes for a friend whose birthday is tomorrow. When I say I was hungry, I mean starving. I’d gotten 2 sandwiches at work to take to the hosp. since I remembered that last night there wasn’t anything Vince would eat, everything had cheese and/or condiments on it. These had cheese which he could take off but no condiments. I also took 4 bottles of water from work for us. The hosp. can be so dry. I was hungry to the point that I had almost an entire bag of Oreo Double Stuffs. Now that isn’t like me, but I was STARVING! I’d had breakfast at 6:30 and nothing until around 3. Oh well….one day isn’t going to kill me. And I didn’t have much to eat the day before, anyway. We left for the hosp. around 4:30 and didn’t get home until 1.

Now to try to catch up. I apologize in advance if I miss something.

First off, prayers to those who need them, welcome everyone new and congrats to those who deserve it, be it a weight loss, a birthday, an anniversary, some milestone.

I’m rereading “Animal Farm”. Got most of it read these past 2 days…lol

M – how wonderful no more lectures!

It seemed that Vince would go into a-fib when he bent down. One time was to untie his shoes and I think the next time (this morning) was when he fed the cats, he put their dish down. Of course, understandably, he’s very afraid of bending down. Vince has a ziopack right now which he’ll wear for 2 weeks. BTDT with this

Lanette – I usually do yoga DVD’s. Actually, there isn’t a yoga class that fits into my schedule. The only one that would work as far as intensity is held on Mondays at 12:15. Only we have bowling on Mondays at 1. Wish it was on another day

Fae – have you ever read the book “women Rowing North”. Someone on here suggested it. I’m not a big reader, but I couldn’t put it down. It’s basically about these gals and their lives. How they went thru college, marriage, children, grandchildren, elderly parents, everything. But now they’ve gotten to the point where one of the couples just can’t fly to see the other couple and the turmoil they go thru in their lives.

Kim – thanks for keeping us informed about Lisa. (((HUGS)))) for her

After decorating the cupcakes for a friend’s birthday, I put them on her porch. Then, because I was right there, stopped at the Salvation Army. Found a DVD I didn’t have, it’s supposed to be mostly yoga and pilates. Then went to Aldi, they have spaghetti squash on sale for 69cents a pound so I got 6. Will put them in the IP. Hope I can split them since Vince doesn’t think he’ll be able to.

The handrails by the pool and in the front of the house were installed. Need to send a check since we weren’t home today when the guys were here installing it. The guy seeded the front yard but it looks like he couldn’t get his equipment by the front so I think I may have to do it. Vince said that we (meaning me) will have to add acid to the pool tomorrow.

Allie – maybe Jean feels a sense of guilt (that she won’t admit to) and monitoring the care Faith receives makes her feel less guilty?

I'm so so tired right now. Guess it's post-stress that's got me. Think I'll just take a shower and get to bed. Soup kitchen tomorrow, but if needed that's something I can call off. Hopefully, I don't have to since that'll mean that things are pretty OK

Michele NC
    Who hopes to remember to post a pic of the cupcakes at another time, trying to get caught up
  • pipcd34
    Options
    E
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    Michele - glad to hear from you and that Vince is getting the care he needs.

Kim
  • pipcd34
    Options
    R
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Rebecca Long Beach, Wa is a cool place. I was there for a softball tournament way back when.

Michele "I'm bad"... Hahaha! The remote trick is me being supportive and motivational.

Tina If old age changes brought about disrespect and disregard as I see in some old men, then they would be moving out quick and in a hurry.

Rita Looking good and official in that park outfit. It is tough going back to work after so much time off, but at least you are close to your job. I took a park ranger job out of high school and my first assignment was cleaning the restrooms where someone had thrown poo all over the walls. I quit. That was my shortest job ever. They asked in the interview if I could clean toilets, not poop smeared walls and overflowed (intentionally) toilets. I couldn't believe any human could do such a thing.

Fae in Or.

Yes isn't Long Beach just a hope skip from the bridge over to Oregon by Astoria? We still want to do most our shopping at the Freddies there. Plus we could to the long haul to Portland for his yearly appts. I need to be by the ocean!💖
    💖Rebecca

I think the Astoria Megler Bridge is about 20 miles from the Long Beach Peninsula. Also, OHSU takes patients from all around the world. Most highly specialized doctors that work for OHSU also have private offices near the campus.

Yep from 2014 ( when OHSU did husband's liver transplant) to 2018 when we moved up here, we were under OHSU's care👍.
    💖Rebecca