WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2020

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2020
    Faye: Thank you for your good wishes. There has been no mention of chemo. Schooner’s muzzle was once black. It is still black on top, but his lips are now snowy white. He is a sweet old boy, and we’re hoping for more time with him. :heart:

Michele: DH is off to get his hair cut so I can’t ask him about meat cuts just now. There is a good explanation on the net. Ehow.com: “What is the difference between a top round roast and a London Broil.” You’re stuck with my opinion for the moment. Top round is fairly chewy and is great cut up and put in stew. DH told me they’re essentially the same piece of meat but cut up and processed differently. He said a London Broil can be chewy and dry. Good luck! :smiley:

Halloween Candy shift-- I plan to get Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups in individual wrappings for Trick or Treat. We’re keeping our kind bars to ourselves.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 929 Member
    Faetta wrote: »

Boyfriend AHEM AHEM! No, I don't have one except in their old failing minds, but need to discuss a concern that has been bugging me for some time. Why do we call a man friend of romantic involvement a BOY friend? If we say man friend that could mean just friends, but using boy infers we are doing the uglies. I don't get us at our advanced years using this juvenile terminology. It seems to me saying, my man friend denotes mature masculinity. The boyfriend seems immature and all hormonal and void of the caring and sharing we as advanced years females desire. There must be a better term we can use, but I can't think of any. One of my friends says that nothing gets her procrastinating skilled husband motivated like threatening to find a handyman "boyfriend." Saying a handyman friend just doesn't have the same motivating effect.

Faye OR USA

I hate the terms "boyfriend" and "wife" and "husband" too. My friend calls his wife his "person." I like that much better.
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 331 Member
    Katla
    I don't believe peanut butter cups are a good Halloween treat as many kids are allergic to peanut butter.
    My grandson just happens to be one of them. Hard to make treats around Christmas. So many recipes call for peanut butter.

Well doing ok My meat and veg. are in the oven making spaghetti sauce to make my zuchinni lasagna. Or maybe i'll have spaghetti squash I have both.

See you |Lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario
  • Katla49
    Linda in N Ontario: I'd be happy to add something without peanuts to my treat list in case someone can't have peanutbutter. What ideas might be okay? In truth, I suspect we will not have many trick or treaters. There have been very few in our area during the past few years. I suppose that I could get individually wrapped chocolate. I thought about fresh fruit like apples, but many parents would worry about things that aren't wrapped. My grandmother used to have a bowl full of nickles beside her door. As years went by, she shifted to dimes and then quarters.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Kata--sending good thoughts for surgery.

Heather--Happy Birthday!

Barbie--Thanks for getting us going another month.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Barbie - Thank you for starting us off for October. It's wonderful to have the "fresh" start!
  • SuziQ113
    Hello one and all.

My work life has been rather crazy with the quarter close, forward quarter planning, and now closing. It seems like there is more craziness every quarter that passes. There is a lot of work - especially during this time - with many resellers fighting over slowing business. This too shall pass, eventually.

All is going well here. I am getting back in to the groove. The scale was moving ever so slowly up and I have squashed that. I am back in the saddle and have given myself "Pip's Boot" enough times to get me back on track. I worked so hard getting this weight off and I do not want to start over.

I got some great news. Yoga in the Park is starting back up this Saturday! I am so excited to be able to practice in the park again. The bad news......we are expecting rain all weekend. I hope it holds off until Saturday afternoon. It's my plan to start going every Saturday while the weather is so very enjoyable here in SFL. That said, I will be safe and if there are too many people attending will either be masked or leave. I will play it by ear.

I have got to fly. Work continues to move forward.

Hugs to all,
    SuziQ - SFL
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Rebecca I love sweet potato fries, especially with jumbo coconut butterflied shrimp.We also have a few small businesses that folded. Very sad indeed and I will miss those shops. We are having a lot of flu break out here. Several cases of the bird flu and so far a strain covered by this years flu shot. Lately most testing positive and having COVID have had mild cold type symptoms and that is good it seems to be weakening. I am still going to be careful as I always have because of my immune system. A cold can make me very sick.

SuziQ I sure wish our Yoga and Tai Chi would return to the fitness park.

Flea Sure glad you tested negative and I think any flu or cold is going to be of more concern now than it once was.

Pip Love that entryway with the deco bike. I love decorations that speak about one's lifestyle.

Heather Happy Birthday! Have a great day!!!

Katla I always went with the assorted mini chocolate bars because any leftover never went to waste. B) Good to hear Schooner doesn't need chemo. <3

Faye in mid-Columbia, Or.

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Well I managed my first challenge from my mother's cooking. I was out until 4:40, and planned to eat some leftovers before 5:00 which is the end of my window. She served meatloaf at 5:15. I felt so guilty eating my chicken right before their blessing. But I did it, and finished on time. Then sat through their dinner drinking water. Mom suggested I switch my window later, but I need to eat when I get up. I hope I see results fast so she will support me.

Thanks for the new thread!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 56.16min, 91elev, 2.5ap, 78ahr, 120mhr, 2.27min= 270c
    Strava app- 276c
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Thanks for starting us off fresh for the month Barbie!

Got a surprise package in the mail today. My BFF sent me two bottles of my favorite wine. It used to be available to members of the winery only (which they were, which was where I first tried it). Now anyone can buy it but I'm too cheap to buy it :smiley: . Now I need to her to come visit so we can enjoy it.
    6n4t5ogu0bmn.jpeg

Okie in the TX Hill Country

How do I make the image smaller? I don't get an option for what size to upload?
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Okie Do you have a photo program on your computer with a resize feature?
  • Katla49
    edited October 2020
    Flea: It is good to see your post. I’ve missed you. It makes sense not to come on campus because you don’t feel good. Although you don’t have Covid, you’ll need to protect yourself from any virus that is circulating. :heart:

SuzieQ: Yoga in the park sounds wonderful! I miss my yoga classes. :ohwell:

I have been organizing files for the past three hours. Done for now!!!! Yay! Tomorrow is our dog’s surgery day. Today he gets no food after 8pm, and no water after 12 am. I need to get him to the vet’s between 7 and 8 am. Then I have to go home until they call me. They don’t want me hanging around. It is probably for the best. I’d likely make everyone nervous.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • okiewoman510

Thanks Faye - I was thinking there used to be a way to select the file size when you upload it to MFP. Maybe I'm remember a different program.

Okie
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member

Thanks Faye - I was thinking there used to be a way to select the file size when you upload it to MFP. Maybe I'm remember a different program.

Okie

I liked seeing those bottles of wine. Yummy!! What a kind gift.

Happy birthday. <3

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • okiewoman510
    Thanks Flea! It was a few days ago, but I'm still celebrating since I got a gift and a card in the mail today.

Okie
  • SuziQ113
    Okie,
    Happy belated birthday to you. I hope your new year brings many joys.