WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2020

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    M in Oz- bless you wears me out just listening to all you do..
    Fell asleep early hoping to get back asleep soon.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Michele ... I finally gave up on the pool stain project. I did everything the pool store and direct calls to the manufacturer suggested and the copper stain didn't do diddly-squat! They told me the product always works. But when I asked if most people use the product when the water was 40 degrees, everyone got quiet. Spent a lot of time and money and will have to work on it next year. Only thing it did was remove the metals from the water. So at least there was that. Now I'm back to rebalancing the water before we close.

Welcome to the new girls!

Heather .. your rug choice will look wonderful with the newly painted room!

My food choices have been off the rail and I need Pip's boot! Pip?

Beth

:::: stapling on the boots, the one’s w/a steel toe
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did Step by Step DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Get Moving with Chris Freytag DVD

Allie – I like going for tests or to the doctor’s office early in the day for that exact same reason! I’m in and out, they haven’t had a chance to get behind yet. My second choice is to have my appointment right after they get back from lunch for that same reason. Good for you saying “no”. I agree that until you get the results of your test, you should not be taking care of Faith. Jean will just have to make other arrangements, poor girl. You’re such a caring person, you’d feel horrible if you passed something (anything) on to Faith. Wonder how Jean would feel if Faith caught something?

Lanette
    – I was thinking about Lenora the other day when we were discussing people who haven’t been here in a while. Feel better soon

Carol
    – next time you “talk” to Lenora, give her my very best. I see that the last time she logged in here was 6 months ago!

SuziQ – your Christmas gnomes reminded me of Cousin It, basically you make it the same way

Wonder how Rori is doing???

Heather – love the rug. It reminds me of the rug we have in the living room

Worked, then got ready for tomorrow (I’m going to see a friend of mine who just moved to the mountains), went to the dollar store and got more dish towels (it seems that I really shouldn’t give someone just one), worked on the puzzle (I found that many times the piece I’m looking for is right in front of me and I see it much easier when I first go downstairs), had dinner, now going to work on the puzzle some more. Fed my sourdough starter, I’m thinking that it’ll be nice to give someone some of the towels and a loaf of bread.

Beth – did you try putting vitamin C tablets on the stain? We have a fiberglass pool and that got it up. Admitted, it did lower the pH, but the stain came up. We used this stuff which is really vitamin C but it was in powder form and it did squat. The pool company recommended it. Hah! Good luck on the rebalancing act. I know how frustrating it can be.

M
    – I’m glad you got the temp. crown.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    got started on dead-heading my roses today until it got a bit too warm. I will work on them again tomorrow. Was busy and forgot about eating so didn't snack at all. Went out with a friend to walk around the park for an hour. Was great to just visit and just be out.
    Came back- logged my food for the day and was only at 500 for the day so had a treat of a gingerbread mochi ice cream. Should be hungry but after that and my cup of ginger tea, I am totally full. May have some cheese or something in a little while.
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Fae- That looks like Mt Hood to my eyes. Beautiful! :star:

Allie- Staying close to home is the best plan until you get test results and know you’re healthy. :star:

Mary- Sorry you had a mishap getting out of your RV. I know what its like to step down the RV stair and discover it was retracted and there was a long step to the ground. I hope you weren’t hurt. :flowerforyou:

Heather- Congrats on finding just the right rug for your home. YAY! I love the colors. Waiting for it to arrive will be the hard part. :wink:

Pip- Looks like the rug you found will do a great job for you. WTG!!!

Barbie- Congrats on having full fridge & freezers. :bigsmile:

DH wants to replace stools in our kitchen. He finds them uncomfortable. I’ve never liked them and will be happy to look for something better.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Katla thanks! I just had to take a few weeks off to heal. I'm two weeks into starting over with my kettlebell. I'm not feeling any pain so should be back up to the 45# kettlebell in 10 weeks. I'm going really slow :)

<3 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at kitchen barstools online and haven’t seen anything that looks just right. Shopping for them online doesn’t seem like the right way to go. I want to see them in person & sit in them in order to make a good choice. Luckily this isn’t an emergency and we can take our time looking & choosing.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Pip, “potential markings” LOL

Grease and sweat, mind in the gutter??

t9709.gif

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    Just taking a few minutes before going shopping. Just finished pg 55. Back later
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Lisa)))

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Oh, Lisa. I'm sending positive thoughts your way. So glad to see you back online and posting.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline, planted 5 more naked lady bulbs, Shadow to vet, minutes.
    Bonus: finished the deck rails and bench, delivered cider to Denise, chatted and listened.
    Get to do: submit grant pics and receipts, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup. figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, Thursday: call Progressive adjustor, Pilot tech support 5034447924 to link subscription and fix login, shop for part D. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments
    Self Care October
    20: Find the joy in completing a long put off task: Minutes done!

All the activity of the past three days may have been too much, Joe’s eye is hurting again, so I finished painting the deck and he just put all the paint stuff away. Led to a little insight: one element of a good marriage, both partners willing to clean up after each other.

Sheri in BFE(:laugh:)) Ohio, People use spoilers for pictures that may be too large for people viewing on phones, for long repetitive items like stats and check ins, and for things that might be upsetting to read. Our cardinal rule is no judgement. Secondarily we avoid divisive discussion topics like politics and religion. Those can be found in a group (separate from this thread), let me know if you’d like the link. We are a chatty bunch of gals who speak our minds, but gently and with compassion. I hear you about the weather shock, as a native San Francsican being transferred to Boise Idaho in February was rough. We survived there for 20 years but are back now on the coast where we can laugh when the Idaho forecast is for snow. When we moved here to our 15 vertical acres on in the woods above the sea, and three hours from the nearest airport, one of my faraway friends never failed to chafe me for moving to BFE Oregon. :laugh:
    Kay yah falls are not fun and seem to be more frequent as I age. T’ai Chi or BB&B help but it’s more mitigation than prevention. Maybe that’s why we “slow down” it takes more time to be mindful of every move. [sigh]
    Lanette what beautiful big blooms, in such a tiny pot!
    Carol thanks so much for the Lenora and Kylia updates. Please give them my best.
    Heather, left your mask in your leggings? So glad you didn’t lose the pink Parisian scarf. :love: the rug!!!
    Pip :love: that downward dog!
    Fae “emergency liner” :laugh: I too prefer rose or even red gold, but there was too much bling on that ring for my taste, and the top two round pink prong ends looked like frog’s eyes to me. :laugh:
    Welcome @SimplySoldierOn ! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Allie brava for setting a reasonable limit with Jean. Hope you feel better soon and that “3rd time is the charm.”
    Beth, why was the water so cold?
    Mary Oww! What an unsettling thing to step onto stairs that were no longer there.
    Oh Lisa thank you for going to the effort to share your story. (((hugs))) Had no idea the bacteria could do all that. Go, antibiotics, GO!
    Rebecca wherefore art thou?

Yesterday’s 1.5 lbs came back off this morning. Alas I overindulged in pizza today, so know what to expect.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: better than September.
    daily: sit with Joe: 20, weigh: 19, steps>5491=2892 vits=20 log=20 CI<CO=19 CI<250<CO=16 Tumble & Shadow 5=19 mfp=20 outside=18 up hill=18
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx=3 dance=1 clean 30 mins=3
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 20for20=
    bonus: AF=13 play= sew=0
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Lisa- Glad to see you back!
    Pip- L <3 VE the pic of Yogi! Downward Dog, right?
    Karen VA- Definitely need a laugh option! "potential markings" :D
    Mortgage burning parties- Hmmm....if throwing one is bragging, than throwing a retirement party is the same thing! I plan to throw a HUGE party when my home is paid off! Are you kidding? Paying off a 30 year mortgage?! I'm going to celebrate that til the cows come home. (still about 15 years away)

Well, it is Wednesday and that means pancakes for the kids this morning; so I better get cracking. Love and hugs to all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)