WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,378 Member
    Options
    Katla: No tp shortages, but couldn't get my favourite for about 3 weeks. We bought another brand but it was c**p.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,807 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    I finally turned the heat on (ugh) i have electric heat so i use it sparingly..
    I do feel a bit better but not 100% and will see what the Dr says tomorrow..im sure a visit to a cardiologist will be in order..we have wind and rain tonight so will hunker down and get some rest..i took a 3 hr nap this afternoon..
    I want to be able to get my stamina back..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    <3 Sending hugs to all. Life is good here and we are grateful for this excellent day.

<3 Barbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    There is an old blessing/curse, “May you live in interesting times.” I choose to count my blessings. My family is #1. Friends here and near are #1, too.

Katla
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,378 Member
    Options
    Karla: I wish we lived in less interesting times. I also count my blessings, and they are many.

The Covid situation here is volatile, although nothing will change for us personally, as we have continued to mostly stay apart from people, and wear our masks when unable to do so.

(((Hugs))) to all, especially those facing health or personal difficulties. 💕💖💕
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Heavy wind and rain here tonight. My dog Teddy boo is being extra snuggly.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Good evening all:

Allie-glad you feel somewhat better. I agree with Flea-weight loss is possible without exercise. Talk with the doctor about what would be best exercise for you.

Sheri in OH-I'm to the west of you (and a bit north) in Clark County. It seemed like, early on, it took us forever to get any Covid cases-now we are making up for lost time.

Julie-your teaching load sounds really heavy. Glad you are able to get out and walk.

Got Christmas presents for grandkids in Arizona ordered today. Went ahead and shipped them to their house, included Christmas bags and tissue paper. While the stuff will be there early, I figure there may be more shipping this year than normal. I will ship son and DIL stuff to them from my house so they are wrapped. Am thinking about getting them a joint gift of Instapot duo 11-it does air frying and a bunch of other stuff. DIL is quite a good cook, but with granddaughter doing virtual school (she is in 2nd grade) and my grandson being three-an easier option would be helpful. I probably spoil all of them too much, but since there won't be a large inheritance to leave, I rather spend it on them now and see them enjoy things. Ordering the adult gifts over the next couple of days.

Got a few odds and ends done around the house today but moved slow. Trying to not overdo so maybe things settle down a bit.

Was notified today another staff member is positive for Covid. She spent time with a friend she thought was following protocols, etc., but friend ended up positive. I think some people are, obviously, engaging in risker behavior, but it is so rampant now it will be hard to avoid. I'm just mainly staying in right now and when I do have to go out, being as careful as I can. My ladies group at church has decided to go virtual with our weekly meetings. I set up a zoom meeting for us. It does give us a good connection getting together.

Heading off to bed and watch something mindless on tv for a bit.

Stay safe all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3o:)B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    Had my blood drawn on Friday morning. It was one of those fasting ones so I took a muffin in the car. I have my routine appointment with the md this Tuesday. I like to have the blood work for him to see it. Had my mammogram a while ago and for the first time I got one of the 3D ones. Medicare will pay for it, but my private insurance wouldn’t. Go figure!

LJ – welcome!

Vince is working on decorating the trees right now. I just finished some work on the puzzle. I try to do only an hour or so at a time. After that, it gets to the point where you are doing the same thing over and over. Plus you start to get bleary eyed.

Katla – you know, the last time there was a total lockdown, I really felt that one of the first things to be opened should be gyms. Even if formal classes weren’t happening, I felt that gyms should be opened. The last time there was a lockdown, there was rioting and looting etc. I think some of that was that people had emotions that they needed to release. If gyms were open, they might have been able to work off some of their anxiety

Off to beddy bye

Michele NC
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    All this talk about leggings, I now want to try them! I have never had them before. Not that I want to show off my bumps, but with a tunic or long sweater, I can see that being rather comfy.

I change clothes multiple times per day. I get out of my PJs as soon as I'm out of bed. I don't want to get them dirty and cooking in them makes them smell like food. Then I can't sleep because I smell food all night. I usually put on lounge wear. A couple hours later, I put on workout clothes. I shower, then back into lounge clothes, then eventually PJs. If I/we go out, I'll put on "real" clothes in there somewhere.

The new car buying stress has begun. Why does this process have to be so unpleasant? Why can't they just give me the best price when I ask, I'll write them a check or not and be on my merry way?

Allie, Beth, Lisa, others having a rough time...hope things start looking up soon.

Tina in CA
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    All caught up. I've enjoyed the leggings debate. I have a whole drawer full, because I was quite addicted to the wild ones with solid color tunics for awhile, but I've grown tired of them. I still wear them around the house but not out in public. I more often wear workout leggings instead because I like the way the compression makes you look smaller. I still like a top that covers the bum with those. Since working on upping my wardrobe game, I've been wearing jeans and shorter tops when I go out, which is usually just to the grocery store, but whatever.....
  • Katla49
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Michele: I think that health club facilities are important and valuable. Our governor mandated that things be shut down because there were significantly higher numbers of people getting CoVid 19. I think the Governor is doing the best she can in a tough situation and I respect her decisions. That said, I can hardly wait to get back to the health club and my yoga class. :flowerforyou:

Dr. Katie: I like a top that covers my bum when I’m wearing my yoga pants. I want something that doesn’t fall downhill when I’m in a downward facing dog position. :wink: When I’m wearing jeans with a sweater I like the sweater to be long enough to rest on my hips. :smiley:

Oregon is back in lockdown. No dining in restaurants or congregating in large groups. Restaurants can take orders and bring your food to their door or to your car door. Our gym has been temporarily closed and my yoga class will have to wait until heath issues are not so worrisome. Malls and large clothing stores are located miles from where I live, so Amazon is my new clothing store. I got four pairs of new jeans from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. They’ll last a good while.

I have an open invitation to visit Arrow and go for a ride. I'm lucky to have a very generous friend.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: watch STAS Day 16, livestream church, W&M report, zoom council.
    Bonus: 2 loads laundry, 40 minutes blasting a path in the office.
    Get to do: take BP, watch STAS Day 17, car to body shop, submit grant pics and receipts, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Sleeping with the Devil, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs. Next Wednesday minutes to history. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments
    New Ways November
    15: Go outside and do something playful – walk, run, explore, relax: Stroll with T.

Julie good to see you post!
    Kate stunning pic.
    Lisa thanks for those Comedy Wildlife Photos especially the giraffe and the brown bear hiding. Big smiles! Whack-a-mole describes it perfectly. Hope that mole stays whacked soon as the meds kick in.
    Welcome @kmccrom ! Would you let us know what you’d like us to call you and your general locale?
    Sheri I love hearing about your husband. Mine is a take-the-spider-outside-er too, but don’t imagine he’d ever stay up all night with a baby kid.
    Annie it’s hard to be the grownup :{
    Katla sorry for your yoga class, you must have been so disappointed to lose it again so soon. Like top “…that doesn’t fall downhill when I’m in a downward facing dog…” :laugh: Yeah. You only wear those once. Say Hi to Arrow for us.
    Heather, changing answers on the e-consult form? Hope both your and your DH’s DR has reassuring news and good plan. :love: the pic in pic of you and Johnny in the zoom screens, and Edie so serious at her cello.
    Rebecca you reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMVU1Ec05Yc especially the “… and some folks even think it’s good to eat” ;)
    Welcome @ljfloyd1 L.J. !
    Debbie all that talk of Christmas baking brought back good memories too of baking almond crescents and holiday nut balls with Mama.

Yet another day wimping out on taking the dogs down the drive. Looking forward to taking Shadow on a stroll tomorrow with friend. Tumble will be content to have Joe all to herself. ;)

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    November: better than October.
    daily: sit with Joe: 15, weigh: 15, steps>5491=5549 vits=15 log=15 CI<CO=13 CI<250<CO=7 Tumble & Shadow 5=15 mfp=15 outside=12 up hill=12
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=0 rx=2 dance=1 clean 30 mins=6
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=8 play=0 sew=0
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,182 Member
    Options
    How I've felt about every year since 2018!!

szyas8zznwno.png
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,807 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Going to hop in the shower in a few minutes and then go get Homer.. lots of wind and rain last night some without power..
    One more pill this morning and telemed appointment at 9:30 or 10..my son working 4-9 tonight so he will be staying overnight on the couch.
    Will let ya'll know what the next plan of action is.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,182 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Monday morning! Let the potty training begin!

Good luck!