Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Down 50 lbs (so far) in 3.5 months

SweetW1llSweetW1ll Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
Decided on 8/1 that I was sick of being fat, uncomfortable and unhealthy. Weighed in at 290 lbs. Started counted every calorie that went into my body and went 2 shakes and 1 meal a day. A few weeks later I started adding in cardio and a few weeks after that light strength training. Goal is another 50lbs by next summer.

The amount of energy gain, good feels, compliments, etc. that I've gotten so far has made it worth it, but most of all being able to keep up running around with my kids ten fold. I haven't been this low in weight since before college.

Whatever your goal is, keep it up and bust your butt. There is no magic pill, but hard work pays off! I will post another update when I'm closer to my summer goal :)

1cy20lqnv93q.jpg
w23zy8r3mgpx.jpg

Replies

• Mrs_HofferMrs_Hoffer Member, Premium Posts: 405 Member Member, Premium Posts: 405 Member
    Wow, that's awesome!! You've done an amazing job! Congrats!!
  • Marcus_Eating_DonutsMarcus_Eating_Donuts Member, Premium Posts: 16 Member Member, Premium Posts: 16 Member
    Great job!

I had a similar epiphany on 6/10/20 at 261 lbs, and lost the first 50 in about the same time-frame as you. I love having energy to run with the kids and even have them wear out before I do.

Keep it up!
  • SSDirkSSDirk Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    Rock on man...keep rocking and wow...you even had hair loss as well ha...Keep it up man....
  • miller0518miller0518 Member, Premium Posts: 6 Member Member, Premium Posts: 6 Member
    Awesome job! What shakes did you use and how many times per week did you work out and strength train?
  • SweetW1llSweetW1ll Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
    miller0518 wrote: »
    Awesome job! What shakes did you use and how many times per week did you work out and strength train?

I have a variety of shakes that I use. Garden of Life, RSP, Fit & Lean, Slimfast. I try to rotate so I don't get tired of one of them. I basically eat between 10am & 6pm. Sometimes I have a later dinner or a few drinks late at night.

I try to do cardio 3-4 days a week where I hike 2-3 miles through varying terrain. I also try to lift 5 days a week, but nothing crazy. I do 5 sets of 10 with light weights and do 3 exercises per day. Weight training only takes me 20-30 mins throughout the day.
  • SweetW1llSweetW1ll Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
    Great job!

I had a similar epiphany on 6/10/20 at 261 lbs, and lost the first 50 in about the same time-frame as you. I love having energy to run with the kids and even have them wear out before I do.

Keep it up!

How much have you lost in total? At what point did the weight loss slow down?
  • JessBbodyJessBbody Member Posts: 402 Member Member Posts: 402 Member
    Great job! 50 lbs in 3.5 months is outstanding. Can't wait to see your progress. Keep it up!
  • pmdonnellypmdonnelly Member, Premium Posts: 4 Member Member, Premium Posts: 4 Member
    Great job! You and I are identical. My journey started on August 4 and as of now I am down 32 lbs to 258. Keep it up.
  • BbearhugBbearhug Member Posts: 18 Member Member Posts: 18 Member
    Congratulations sir! Also, has anyone told you that skinnier you resembles Will Forte?
  • KaronLaw1KaronLaw1 Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member
  • the_vibrant_momthe_vibrant_mom Member Posts: 17 Member Member Posts: 17 Member
    Great job! Keep it up.