• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/LFs3GXI-vx8

Dawn this was the one -
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,647 Member
    Options
    New home for the thread, but the same goals for me, 16-20 AF days per month.

Wednesday December 16 - AF
    Thursday December 17 - AF - Felt like drinks, but wanted to get my 2AF in a row.
    Friday December 18 - AF - Planned drinks tomorrow.
    Saturday December 19 - Drinks
    Sunday December 20 - AF - Planning AF tomorrow too.
    Monday December 21 - AF - Shortest daylight of the year. We got a dump of snow, but it was warm this afternoon so it turned into sleet making piles of wet slush. The skating lakes will be a mess, but hopefully as it cools down again there will be enough of a base for X-Country skiing this week.
    Tuesday December 22 - AF - Very long work day, I didn't get home until 9:30pm so was too tired to even have drinks. Anyway, saving up my calories and probably alcohol drinks until Christmas Eve
    Wednesday December 23 - Drinks. I didn't make it until Christmas Eve. I did the 6 minute thing twice, but kind of half-halfheartedly. I am sure that I will get some more AF days in before the end of the month. Not putting pressure on myself over the next few days.
    Thursday December 24 - AF - Cross Country skiied today for the first time in 2 years (I had a broken ski last year and got new to me skis once the season was over last year). I decided not to have drinks because I want to feel 100% tomorrow for Christmas Day skating and then Christmas dinner and drinks

Rolling total: 17AF days out of 24 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @Lilylady3k

What is "boudin"?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Yes, Fitness Marshall is so fun. I haven't missed a day of at least a few songs of it since I discovered it. There is a marked difference in the rib cage area of my body from doing it for over a year now. I wouldn't skate, garden, shovel, or many other things without doing at least a few of the songs first to stretch out my body. Nice oxygen to the brain and a good giggle.

The PussyCat Dolls one...Alison was much heavier then. She had a show called "My Big Fat Fabulous Life". Unfortunately through doing all of those dances she is way too small now to be doing a TV show like that. She is a good dancer.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Such a beautiful cocktail (and photo) @mainelylisa
    What is in that drink?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    gq6z8cwmdig7.jpg

Applewood smoked holiday ribs are ready....!

OMG!!!!!!! My absolute fave food. I limit myself to once per month now (used to be once per week), but I am sure nowhere as good as those that you have made!! I totally want some.
    Like...do you have a smoker??
    Argh so amazing looking, I almost think that I can smell them just by looking at the photo! My mouth is watering.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,825 Member
    Options
    2 glasses of wine at my sister's this evening. Less than 2 bottles for 4 people ... a new record at her home.

Dec accountability: 9/25 days AF
    Alcohol: 16 days (35 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 3 per week / 12 per month; limit 1-2 glasses per day
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Beautiful table spread @mainelylisa
    What are the white things with the blue in the centre?
    Maineggetois : - )

@Lilylady3k
    Boudin sounds fabulous!!! Right up my alley. I love Cajun. Thanks for the education : - )
    I wonder where I could get some Boudin for myself?!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,825 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @Lilylady3k
    Boudin sounds fabulous!!! Right up my alley. I love Cajun. Thanks for the education : - )
    I wonder where I could get some Boudin for myself?!

@dawnbgethealthy - I used both boudin and andouille (another cajun sausage that is spicy pronounced ăn-doo͞′ē ... Savoie's is my favorite brand) in the quiche. Very good! You could substitute italian sausage but it won't have that cajun taste. Check out https://www.cajungrocer.com

Recipe
    http://evilshenanigans.com/2010/12/boudin-and-green-pepper-quiche/

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,561 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy boudin is so scrumptious. There was a Cajun chef on one of the private yachts were my husband works this past Summer. They had to leave port early without the owners on board and the chef unloaded all her cajun creations for the dock hands to take home. Boudin was among the many tasty dishes she had prepared. Hope they come to stay at the marina again next year.
    Skating on Christmas what a wonderful holiday activity.❄