Less Alcohol - DECEMBER 2020 - One Day At A Time

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    Looking forward to 2021 - I'm in the process of hiring my replacement at our company so I can retire!

Congrats on making this move!

@Lilylady3k Thank you! I look forward to being able to figure out my identity outside of being CFO, spending my time giving back to others and loving on my grandbabies (Mikey 3, Aubrey 1, Annie 3 months). I am blessed to be able to step back from the daily grind at my age.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I have missed you all... been out of the loop for about a month. Just too much stuff going on. Happy to be back, I really need this group for accountability!
    Please let me know if there is a new Jan tread... <3
  • dkistner2222
    dkistner2222 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just noticed this thread, so I hope folks won't mind me joining in. Alcohol is the bane of my existence. I had lost 85 lbs. before 2016 using MFP, and alcohol was one of the things I had given up to do it. But since 2016, I've been drinking like a fish, at least three drinks a day, sometimes more. Stress. ;-) 65 lbs. gained.

Since coming back to MFP in December, I've lost 15 lbs., so I'm feeling much better, but I still haven't cut out alcohol. What I HAVE done is cut down. Instead of glugging gin into a glass and then adding a little tonic water, etc., I'll pour 1 oz. into a tall glass with ice and add a 12 oz. can of sparkling water (like La Croix). So even if I wind up having those three drinks, it adds up to only two, and I can start working on cutting back to one, and then none.

As a treat for my progress so far, I was going to buy myself an adjustable measuring spoon but didn't find much I like. I'm adding 1/2 tablespoon of high-polyphenol EVOO to each of two cups of coffee in the morning for a kick-off of 1 tablespoon, which keeps me very even keel and content until lunchtime. I couldn't find a good value for just a 1/2 tablespoon measure that wasn't plastic, so I got this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CN729TD/

I realized that 1/4 oz. is 1/2 tablespoon, so on the short end I've got the measurements I need to measure out my oils, and the tall end will be great for measuring liquids...like that gin. And I can dump the oil in the morning and use the jigger to swirl it around in my coffee and get the last of the oil washed into the coffee, then rinse it out at the sink.

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Just noticed this thread, so I hope folks won't mind me joining in. Alcohol is the bane of my existence. I had lost 85 lbs. before 2016 using MFP, and alcohol was one of the things I had given up to do it. But since 2016, I've been drinking like a fish, at least three drinks a day, sometimes more. Stress. ;-) 65 lbs. gained.

Since coming back to MFP in December, I've lost 15 lbs., so I'm feeling much better, but I still haven't cut out alcohol. What I HAVE done is cut down. Instead of glugging gin into a glass and then adding a little tonic water, etc., I'll pour 1 oz. into a tall glass with ice and add a 12 oz. can of sparkling water (like La Croix). So even if I wind up having those three drinks, it adds up to only two, and I can start working on cutting back to one, and then none.

As a treat for my progress so far, I was going to buy myself an adjustable measuring spoon but didn't find much I like. I'm adding 1/2 tablespoon of high-polyphenol EVOO to each of two cups of coffee in the morning for a kick-off of 1 tablespoon, which keeps me very even keel and content until lunchtime. I couldn't find a good value for just a 1/2 tablespoon measure that wasn't plastic, so I got this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CN729TD/

I realized that 1/4 oz. is 1/2 tablespoon, so on the short end I've got the measurements I need to measure out my oils, and the tall end will be great for measuring liquids...like that gin. And I can dump the oil in the morning and use the jigger to swirl it around in my coffee and get the last of the oil washed into the coffee, then rinse it out at the sink.

@dkistner2222 every month we begin a new thread so they do not get to long and it keeps the topic fresh. It is great you found us and want to get support and motivation.😊
    Please click on the link below to get to our January Less Alcohol Thread 2021

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819232/less-alcohol-january-2021-one-day-at-a-time#latest