Less Alcohol - DECEMBER 2020 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Doing great in the daily cardio and strength department. @dawnbgethealthy I tried out Fitnessmarshall and found it fun....!

Youtube favorites:
    Gel Anywhere Les Mills Body Pump with Mel
    Bodypump videos by Lazuria Zaphet. She puts out new ones all the time and calls them Strength Training

Still running 4x a week outside

Lacking in the flexibility department. Looking for youtube Yoga recommendations (gentle/relax type).......
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,647 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @Lilylady3k
    I think that your goal was 12 AF days for the month. After Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day (oh wait, you don't celebrate that maybe) then you will no doubt make your goal.
    6AF days in a row!!!! I have never personally done that, so I applaud you.
    I am also sure that you are going to be making some legendary food. I am always intrigued by what you say that you are making or have made and eaten. Do you have a foodie blog that we could attend??
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,647 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @globalhiker
    I love love love that you tried some Fitness Marshall. Equates to Zumba on MFP tracking. Completely fun. I did a new one today that I had never seen before. It stretched me out and took my attention so that I was "in it".
    I will always love to hear which ones that you tried, there are several hundred.

So the new (to me) one that I tried today (and again, I have no affiliation whatsoever, I just enjoy the emotional/mental/physical/psychological release of them). Post Malone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEDjmWrlmyA

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,825 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @Lilylady3k
    I think that your goal was 12 AF days for the month. After Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day (oh wait, you don't celebrate that maybe) then you will no doubt make your goal.
    6AF days in a row!!!! I have never personally done that, so I applaud you.
    I am also sure that you are going to be making some legendary food. I am always intrigued by what you say that you are making or have made and eaten. Do you have a foodie blog that we could attend??

@dawnbgethealthy - It is my goal to make 12 AF days ... we will see. Sunday I leave for the camp which is a difficult place not to drink. But I'm encouraged that I've skipped an evening of drinking many times recently when DH opened a bottle of wine so there is hope.

I do love to cook but don't have a food blog. I've taught all my kids too how to cook ... so there is always food. And they are coming over to help! Here are the menus we have planned.

Christmas Eve:
    * Appetizers - Crawfish Benny with mini toasts, mini Natchitoches Meat Pies, Charcuterie board of 6 cheeses, meats, olives & nuts, and fruit strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries.
    * Entree - Seafood Gumbo (shrimp & crabmeat... okra & veggies cooked down for 5 hrs to where they disappear before adding the seafood) with french bread
    * Dessert - Southern Keto Cheesecake with choice of pecan pie topping or strawberries. My mom is also bringing a Pear Cake.

Brunch Christmas Day:
    * Ambrosia (grapefruit & oranges) plus more strawberries on the side
    * Cranberry Orange Biscotti
    * Cinnamon Pecan Apple Rolls
    * Orange Rolls
    * Boudin & Green Pepper Quiche
    * Texas Zucchini & Canadian Bacon Quiche
    * Grits

The adult kiddos will spend the night with us (bringing wood for a fire outside) then leave out to their spouses homes on Christmas Day after brunch. Missing my youngest and his wife this year. DD's husband's family (parents & brothers) joining us Christmas Eve this year as are my sister, DH's brother and my mom.

I've hosted Christmas Eve with traditional seafood gumbo for almost 30 years now ... never know if I'll have 8 or 30 people. Thanksgiving is the same ... I've had up to 35 people stuffed into my house on these occassions to the point where if you were under 40 you sat outside! hahahaha

Here is one of the recipes a favorite of mine ... you can make it crustless too! I usually put them in pie pans instead of casserole dishes.
    Modified from Texas Zucchini Casserole on https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/2914905032/texas-zucchini-casserole/utm_source=from_pinterest_overlay which was adapted from http://texashillcountry.com/texas-zucchini-casserole-breakfast-brunch-sunday-supper/
  • globalhiker
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=LFs3GXI-vx8

@dawnbgethealthy so this is the exercise video I did. I lasted not even 8 minutes because I was laughing so hard throughout it that I could not continue!! LOL. Fun stuff. And yes good stress relief.

• globalhiker
    Options
    gq6z8cwmdig7.jpg

Applewood smoked holiday ribs are ready....!