GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,649 Member
    Options
    Brigit_1 wrote: »
    Will post when I have a lift that's GIFable. Right now using two 15 lb. dumbbells for chest press is probably not going to impress anyone. 😂🏋️‍♀️

Never ever ever be ashamed of what you can’t do.

Be grateful for what you can.

TRUE ❤️❤️❤️

Share them now. Celebrate what you're doing now, and when you get further down the road, you'll have something to look back on and say "Wow!!! look how far I've come!"
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    Moment of realness... I've fallen off the wagon again. Pretty hard.

I started slipping near the end of ball season (5 tournaments in 6 weekends kind of tired me out). Still I managed to stick with it.

In September I re-started dating someone I've been sweet on for a while (we took a break), so that takes up some free time that was otherwise occupied with chores / workouts / time to myself.

Last month I started weekly band practices (we're working on a 25 minute set for a CancerCare fundraiser in March). So there goes another night.

I'm at the point where I now need to cram at least 2 days of stuff into the other 5 that were already full before, and what ends up happening? I drop my workouts. The house is still a mess, laundry is behind... I struggle so hard to find balance in my life that as soon as anything changes, I flounder.

Both additions are adding value to my life, no doubt about it. But they also both add another layer of stress.

Anyhoo... I'm playing around with a total body workout that I'm creating for myself with the thought that maybe I'll forgo my current plan and just try to fit in total body workouts whenever I can. I don't want to give up entirely, but I also need to give myself some flexibility and not feel like I've failed my plan.

Sigh.

Band practice tonight, but hopefully tomorrow will be day 1 of my TBW.

This is so relatable. Finding balance when you have to do everything for work & home & family and still want to do everything else as well… So difficult.
  • Brigit_1
    Brigit_1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Will post when I have a lift that's GIFable. Right now using two 15 lb. dumbbells for chest press is probably not going to impress anyone. 😂🏋️‍♀️

Never ever ever be ashamed of what you can’t do.

Be grateful for what you can.

TRUE ❤️❤️❤️

Share them now. Celebrate what you're doing now, and when you get further down the road, you'll have something to look back on and say "Wow!!! look how far I've come!"

You're sweet 🦋 Maybe in a month. 😂
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,405 Member
    Options

I started slipping near the end of ball season (5 tournaments in 6 weekends kind of tired me out). Still I managed to stick with it.

In September I re-started dating someone I've been sweet on for a while (we took a break), so that takes up some free time that was otherwise occupied with chores / workouts / time to myself.

Last month I started weekly band practices (we're working on a 25 minute set for a CancerCare fundraiser in March). So there goes another night.

I'm at the point where I now need to cram at least 2 days of stuff into the other 5 that were already full before, and what ends up happening? I drop my workouts. The house is still a mess, laundry is behind... I struggle so hard to find balance in my life that as soon as anything changes, I flounder.

Both additions are adding value to my life, no doubt about it. But they also both add another layer of stress.

Anyhoo... I'm playing around with a total body workout that I'm creating for myself with the thought that maybe I'll forgo my current plan and just try to fit in total body workouts whenever I can. I don't want to give up entirely, but I also need to give myself some flexibility and not feel like I've failed my plan.

Sigh.

I am glad you started with the full body workout Sandy. I do think you stress too much about the fact that life happens, and plans change.
    Sometimes you just have to adjust to what is possible within human limits.

You are getting in enough move time, maybe not on lifting part for what you want, but you are not sitting still, and that is what matters here imho

Also, we all want to hear a sample of your band practice! 🤗
    You are amazing, never forget that Sandy, and you are a inspiration for many
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited December 2023
    Options

Sigh.

I am glad you started with the full body workout Sandy. I do think you stress too much about the fact that life happens, and plans change.

You are getting in enough move time, maybe not on lifting part for what you want, but you are not sitting still, and that is what matters here imho

Thank you, so very much. It's hard feeling like a failure every time I deviate from plan. I HAVE been involved in some pretty big stuff lately (participating in some health care reform initiatives, was even flown to Toronto for a conference)... But still. It's not "as planned" and that's a brain eff for me.

As for the tunes... I'm also managing the social presence for our band and charity donations. Lol. If you want to hear some samples..

You can follow our ig page 😁#RAM_RandomAnthemMusic so far none of my vocals are in there, but I'll add some.

Until then... This was the band we did a couple years back..

https://youtu.be/XPgO5GEh3AQ?si=Ps8h-O94yrNqYgSV
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,405 Member
    Options

Sigh.

Thank you, so very much. It's hard feeling like a failure every time I deviate from plan. I HAVE been involved in some pretty big stuff lately (participating in some health care reform initiatives, was even flown to Toronto for a conference)... But still. It's not "as planned" and that's a brain eff for me.

As for the tunes... I'm also managing the social presence for our band and charity donations. Lol. If you want to hear some samples..

You can follow our ig page 😁#RAM_RandomAnthemMusic so far none of my vocals are in there, but I'll add some.

I think a lot of people can recognize the "i have a plan, and i must stick to that, otherwise i fail" idea.
    I have had that in the past myself as well, but as a coach and trainer i learned to think differently, and adjust when neccessary. Still it's hard, because like you said, it doesn't match in your brain.

I saw your video on IG, and instantly thought "YES, good you are going Sandy"

I can't play the video right now, because i am at work atm, but will listen to it later on
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    The band is nice but OMG, legs for daaaaaays there, girly!

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Sorry, my daughter chews me out for noticing or commenting on people’s appearance but credit where credit is due, and even if it’s older video, you still strike me that way. 😅
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options

Sigh.

You are a powerhouse in the gym and on the stage!

I really appreciate you sharing your struggle. Life circumstances have changed my ability to train in recent years. I hope you can give yourself some grace and let go of "I didn't follow the plan".

Fully body is a great option when time is limited. Also, going to more of a bodybuilding approach saves time. Ramping up to heavy sets on DLs or squats takes forever not to mention longer rest periods between sets.
  • Brigit_1
    edited December 2023
    Options

This is freaking AWESOME! I love that song. When you do something new please post. 🌺
  • Brigit_1
    edited December 2023
    Options
    OK...so the name of the thread is "GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)" I'm not ready for the lifts. So let's get into a Time Machine and go way way waaaaay back to 1991. When the designer Nicole Miller collaborated with Club MTV to do a dance fashion show.

I am the one in the middle wearing the blue catsuit and long blonde pony tail in my hair.

(For the record these outfits were very big on all of us and not that flattering. But you wear what they give you and you do what they say or they'll pick someone else. Them's the rules.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mBxbgqLpIA&list=PL2va5o6X3vnj20bqU39_WvNFvVY3VGX6Y&index=12
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    OK...so the name of the thread is "GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)" I'm not ready for the lifts. So let's get into a Time Machine and go way way waaaaay back to 1991. When the designer Nicole Miller collaborated with Club MTV to do a dance fashion show.

I am the one in the middle wearing the blue catsuit and long blonde pony tail in my hair.

(For the record these outfits were very big on all of us and not that flattering. But you wear what they give you and you do what they say or they'll pick someone else. Them's the rules.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mBxbgqLpIA&list=PL2va5o6X3vnj20bqU39_WvNFvVY3VGX6Y&index=12

Club MTV > lifting GIF all day! This is amazing!
  • Brigit_1
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »

Club MTV > lifting GIF all day! This is amazing!

❤️ Thanks! 💋 It was so much fun.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Sorry, my daughter chews me out for noticing or commenting on people’s appearance but credit where credit is due, and even if it’s older video, you still strike me that way. 😅

haha that's ok! This one is from Mar 2020 (right before everything was shut down for covid). The next year we did a virtual fundraising and then last year I took the year off due to personal stress. :) This year we're doing random anthemy songs ( Material Girl, Final Countdown, Rasputin, Love Shack). It's an eclectic set, but so much fun and SUCH a vocal challenge!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,220 Member
    Options

This is awesome. Great post 😎
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited December 2023
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    You are a powerhouse in the gym and on the stage!

I really appreciate you sharing your struggle. Life circumstances have changed my ability to train in recent years. I hope you can give yourself some grace and let go of "I didn't follow the plan".

Fully body is a great option when time is limited. Also, going to more of a bodybuilding approach saves time. Ramping up to heavy sets on DLs or squats takes forever not to mention longer rest periods between sets.

Thank you! That means a LOT to me! :)

I DID work out last night. I had planned a set that was CLEARLY ambitious and way too much. Got to the gym at 8:45, did 15 mins of treadmill warmup and started my set:
    h16ke2nzkgxy.gif

It was disappointing to me. Hard to believe how fast you lose strength. I had planned on 3x5 at 185, then 2xamap at 195 for squats, but my quads were burning so badly that I actually DROPPED to 165 for 5 for the last two sets. Bench was also kept lower and Deads felt so heavy at 225. :(

I had planned on doing leg press - no way my legs would do that (and it was already after ten by that point). Also bailed on curls, facepulls and straight arm pulldowns. I STILL only got out of there at 11pm.

The one plus though... even though I felt like a failure for dropping weight and some exercises to get out by 11, I still managed to move almost 30k pounds - which is on the upper end of weight moved in a session for me.

I guess I need to tweak my plan a bit. That's a lot to expect out of one workout.

I kind of like the idea of having a workout built around squats / deads / bench + accessories... but I guess I'll try to be flexible and work that out better. :)
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

This is freaking AWESOME! I love that song. When you do something new please post. 🌺
    Thank you so much! I really felt like a rockstar that night. :smiley:

• KickassAmazon76
    Options

I am happy that this thread has morphed a bit beyond just a gif thread... so thank you for sharing this!

1. you look amazing
    2. this is so epic and awesome! So glad they were "advanced enough" to be able to have a copy to keep forever! <3

You Rock!
  • Brigit_1
    edited December 2023
    Options

This is awesome. Great post 😎

Thanks! Always sweet to hear a compliment from the famous Chris of MFP.🌷

I am happy that this thread has morphed a bit beyond just a gif thread... so thank you for sharing this!

1. you look amazing
    2. this is so epic and awesome! So glad they were "advanced enough" to be able to have a copy to keep forever! <3

You Rock!

Hugs! ❤️🌺 I was in a dance company at the time and a few of us made the show. I was there for the whole year of 1991. From time to time I'll go on the channel, watch that playlist and see us show off for the camera. 😂
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    @Brigit_1 and @KickassAmazon76,
    You women rock the world! Amazing lives and thank you for sharing your videos...so impressed with you both! 🔥🎸