GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,649 Member
    Options
    @Brigit_1 and @KickassAmazon76,
    You women rock the world! Amazing lives and thank you for sharing your videos...so impressed with you both! 🔥🎸

Thank you so very much! :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Brigit_1
    Brigit_1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    @Brigit_1 and @KickassAmazon76,
    You women rock the world! Amazing lives and thank you for sharing your videos...so impressed with you both! 🔥🎸

You're too sweet! I'd like to see horse-riding videos if you have any.
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,405 Member
    Options
    Today i was doing deadlifts at 80% of my 1RM for reps.

3 sets in total after 5 warump sets

8/8/6
    The last set is AMAP, but after that 6th rep, my grip failed and had to let go.
    Still satisfied with what i see, and how good the first 2 sets moved, this one is my second set.

qrhk28rg222o.gif
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,829 Member
    Options
    Those online calculators which predict your expected 1RM based on reps at a lower weight are liars. Per last week's workout, I should be easily clearing 295 bench, but on my last set today I barely managed one rep at 275. Even taking into account it was the last working set of a heavy day, I don't see me increasing by 20+ pounds simply by doing it a tad earlier.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,220 Member
    Options

8/8/6
    Still satisfied with what i see, and how good the first 2 sets moved, this one is my second set.

qrhk28rg222o.gif

Made it look easy Gus 💪🏼
    Options

8/8/6

qrhk28rg222o.gif

Made it look easy Gus 💪🏼

Thank you Chris, like i said, it felt like it was flying up.
    And to think, that this weight was my 1RM before summer this year (may) and now repping it with ease, makes me a happy little big guy
    edited December 2023
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Those online calculators which predict your expected 1RM based on reps at a lower weight are liars. Per last week's workout, I should be easily clearing 295 bench, but on my last set today I barely managed one rep at 275. Even taking into account it was the last working set of a heavy day, I don't see me increasing by 20+ pounds simply by doing it a tad earlier.

True, those online calculators are wrong. And for bench especially, because even though it's a compund movement, it uses muscles that are primarily smaller/weaker compared to leg muscles..

That's why i do not use those calculators anymore, and i do 1RM test after each mesocycle. And then restart my program using those numbers.

A 1RM test is still a "in the moment" thing, but for me is more accurate (probably a deviation of 1-2%) where on the calculators there is 10-15% deviation (at least for me it was)

I always make sure to have a deload week before doing the 1RM test.
    So my cycle is basically 9 weeks.

7 weeks program, 1 deload week, 1 week of 1RM testing on the SBD and then restart.
    Altough this time i am doing a deload week next week since i am not able to workout my regular times a week, so adding a extra week. Plus this time i added the 4th training of the week as well (accessory work) which i skipped in the past. But since 1 week i workout 3 times, and 1 week 4 times, it takes a bit longer as well to complete all 7 weeks of my program.

My program is like ABCD
    So i start with ABC week 1
    Then DABC week 2
    DAB week 3 etc...

And if it happens that i workout only 3 times a week for a while, it just takes a few weeks extra, but i wanna make sure to complete all 7 weeks of A,B,C and D
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options

8/8/6

qrhk28rg222o.gif

This looks really solid! 👌
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,649 Member
    Options

8/8/6

qrhk28rg222o.gif

Looking great, Gus! So cool to see how well you're progressing! Way to keep at it!
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    c8mdpl71su25.gif

Current progression program is working, slowly but surly. Back squats all 5x3 @275. So I’ll move to 280 next week. Not an impressive weight for many. I’ve always struggled with squats.

I’m impressed - I’ve only got to 230 5x3 - nice work man
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    c8mdpl71su25.gif

Current progression program is working, slowly but surly. Back squats all 5x3 @275. So I’ll move to 280 next week. Not an impressive weight for many. I’ve always struggled with squats.

I’m impressed - I’ve only got to 230 5x3 - nice work man

The struggle is real Rob. I appreciate it.
    Options
    c8mdpl71su25.gif

Nice work Chris and still a lot of weight.

According to my program i should be trying 3x6 @ 275 in 3 weeks...
    Curious to see if i can manage that as well as you do.

Did 2x8 @ 245 last week and last set at 11 reps, and felt pretty good
    Still doing squats without belt, because not feeling i need it (still have to order a belt also, lmao)
    Gonna order in new year, because for my Deadlifts i think i am gonna need it for those top sets

Also question for all the lifters in here, anyone got experience with liquid chalk?
    I am thinking on getting myself a flask, since normal chalk is not allowed, and i think i would prefer that over straps
  • 95km90
    95km90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    c8mdpl71su25.gif

Still doing squats without belt, because not feeling i need it (still have to order a belt also, lmao)
    Gonna order in new year, because for my Deadlifts i think i am gonna need it for those top sets

Also question for all the lifters in here, anyone got experience with liquid chalk?
    I am thinking on getting myself a flask, since normal chalk is not allowed, and i think i would prefer that over straps

There’s one called clean grip that dries transparent it’s pretty good and allowed by gyms
    Options
    95km90 wrote: »
    c8mdpl71su25.gif

There’s one called clean grip that dries transparent it’s pretty good and allowed by gyms

Will look up if that is available here (europe)
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    c8mdpl71su25.gif

Thanks Gus, I’m sure you’ll left it perfectly brother. Gif it when you do!

Chalk is frowned upon in my gym as well. I’m with @95km90, try this if you can get it. Some of the liquid chalk still dries white and leaves the residue.
    Options
    c8mdpl71su25.gif

Chalk is frowned upon in my gym as well. I’m with @95km90, try this if you can get it. Some of the liquid chalk still dries white and leaves the residue.

Well a little white residue is probably no problem, i can whipe that off with a towel after my workout.
    Was just curious if people here uses that instead of wraps. Because the whole wrapping seems like a lot of work to get done before a lift and i am afraid it will get me out of my zone
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind comments. I belated thought I probably was too long-winded in my posts, but that's what you get when a wannabe author gets a head of steam going, lol. (Looking for beta-readers for my second fantasy novel, if anybody's interested.)

Not sure how i missed this, but i definatly want to be a beta-reader for you
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    c8mdpl71su25.gif

Well a little white residue is probably no problem, i can whipe that off with a towel after my workout.
    Was just curious if people here uses that instead of wraps. Because the whole wrapping seems like a lot of work to get done before a lift and i am afraid it will get me out of my zone

I personally use wraps. 🤷‍♂️
    Options
    c8mdpl71su25.gif

I personally use wraps. 🤷‍♂️

I am still in debate with myself about what to get. I am no competition lifter, so its not that i need to get used to lifting without wraps.
    So maybe i go for that instead