GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,405 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    So I am at the point i do can light upper body again. Did 65lbs on bench for 3 sets of 12... 😂.

That is so awesome!
    Proud of you
    edited May 28
    Options
    So, they got a mag row handle (if that is the correct name) in my gym now.
    So much better to do lat pulldowns, since the grip is so much better.
    And even better for my normal rows, since i have my hands rotated, and in a more natural position

asm4lo3v5a3t.png
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,208 Member
    Options
    ss7koruc13n5.gif

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    ss7koruc13n5.gif

Great work!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    ss7koruc13n5.gif

Great work!

Thank you Sandy!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Second week of slo-pitch... We played last night and tonight. I noticed tonight that my knee is swollen, even though its not hurting, nor do I remember hurting it. However, if I go to kneel, it feels like my kneecap is surrounded by fluid.

I'm really hoping it'll be all better by tomorrow because I need to do my week 4 day 1 squats/total body routine.

Pray to the iron gods that this is nothing. I have been seeing such good progress!
    Options
    imqizo7zvrr1.gif

I’m 5 weeks into a calorie deficit. Still making strength gains with my program. Im happy with it!

Nice work Chris!
    Options
    Second week of slo-pitch... We played last night and tonight. I noticed tonight that my knee is swollen, even though its not hurting, nor do I remember hurting it. However, if I go to kneel, it feels like my kneecap is surrounded by fluid.

I'm really hoping it'll be all better by tomorrow because I need to do my week 4 day 1 squats/total body routine.

Pray to the iron gods that this is nothing. I have been seeing such good progress!

6bhg3jjzu2c7.png
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    imqizo7zvrr1.gif

I’m 5 weeks into a calorie deficit. Still making strength gains with my program. Im happy with it!

Nice work Chris!

Thank you Gus. I’ve been doing the squats barefoot for several months now since you guys mentioned it. It’s my preferred method now. Thanks brother.
    edited May 29
    Options
    imqizo7zvrr1.gif

Nice work Chris!

Thank you Gus. I’ve been doing the squats barefoot for several months now since you guys mentioned it. It’s my preferred method now. Thanks brother.

Glad to hear that brother!
    It is probably not for everyone, and also not allowed in every gym, but its cheaper than lifting shoes, and basically gives the same stability.
    Just not the heels elevated, but there you have blocks for
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    imqizo7zvrr1.gif

Nice work Chris!

It is probably not for everyone, and also not allowed in every gym, but its cheaper than lifting shoes, and basically gives the same stability.

Well it’s been working for me. Now that I’ve hit 315 for 5 sets of 3 I’ll transition my progression from poundage to reps. Once I hit 315 for 5 sets of 8 I’ll switch it back and go to 350.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    imqizo7zvrr1.gif

Nice work Chris!

Well it’s been working for me. Now that I’ve hit 315 for 5 sets of 3 I’ll transition my progression from poundage to reps. Once I hit 315 for 5 sets of 8 I’ll switch it back and go to 350.

Being able to squat this kind of volume seems just... Surreal. Good on you, sir.

Hell. Being able to deadlift that volume still seems surreal. Lol
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    imqizo7zvrr1.gif

Nice work Chris!

Being able to squat this kind of volume seems just... Surreal. Good on you, sir.

Hell. Being able to deadlift that volume still seems surreal. Lol

Thanks Sandy, it feels like very slow progress to me. Honestly I just enjoy the grind. I don’t focus solely on chasing numbers. I use the numbers to make sure I’m constantly pushing progression but I try to lift slow and controlled and use intensity techniques to increase time under tension.

I’ve really been enjoying mobility work.

Your lifts are looking great, congrats!

Again thank you for the compliment and listening to my rambling a bit.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,638 Member
    edited May 29
    Options
    I’ve been doing the squats barefoot for several months now since you guys mentioned it. It’s my preferred method now.

They're not allowed in my gym, doesn't stop some people from trying anyhow. Some trainers ignore it, but a few threaten getting membership revoked if they don't put shoes on right NOW, so I've never tried pushing boundaries myself.

Glad to see somebody besides myself who squats heavier than they deadlift, seems every article I read always assumes people pull heavier, but my squat is at least 20% heavier.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,638 Member
    Options
    Now that I’ve hit 315 for 5 sets of 3 I’ll transition my progression from poundage to reps. Once I hit 315 for 5 sets of 8 I’ll switch it back and go to 350.

When I first added squats to my routine years ago, I got stuck where I simply could not do 315. 295, sure, 305 ok, but something about 315 was a no-go. Mental block maybe, maybe physical. Bottom line was I dropped the weight to 225 and repped the blazes out of it...sets of 15, 20, 25. Did that for a couple months. By the time I tried 315 again, I sailed past and got 365.

These days I'm also working on upping reps at 315, just working from the opposite direction as you are: I had been working towards a heavier 1RM, and couple months back hit 500 for one rep. Never again, so my spine told me, so I dropped the weight to 315 (63% 1RM) and have been only going for reps, with a recent session doing 5x12. Last workout I worked up to 405x5, but my drive to go heavy on squats is gone since that 1RM rep, so I'll just stick with 315 for a while. (Of course, I said the same thing a few years ago, that I wouldn't lift heavy and only do reps, then just look at me this year, so I'll never say never, just not now, lol.)

If only I could take a pinch of my leg strength (where 315 is only a moderate weight) and throw it into my arms (where a single rep at 315 remains beyond me still).
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    Those are some great numbers. I agree those magical numbers of 225, 315 and 405 can be mentally daunting.

The closest I’ve gotten to those numbers are on Dead Squats running a 10 sets of 1 rep off the pins. Strictly a strength builder but are fun to program in every now and then.
    Options
    imqizo7zvrr1.gif

Nice work Chris!

Damn, those are some nice nubmers for reps Chris.
    You are doing awesome, and it shows.
    Those are some great numbers. I agree those magical numbers of 225, 315 and 405 can be mentally daunting.

The closest I’ve gotten to those numbers are on Dead Squats running a 10 sets of 1 rep off the pins. Strictly a strength builder but are fun to program in every now and then.

My magical number will be 364lbs
    I hope to lift that someday for squats and deadlifts

It's what i used to weigh at my highest, so would be cool to be able to deadlift that weight at my current weight of 232lbs, which i hope to get down to 220 by end of the year
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    imqizo7zvrr1.gif

Nice work Chris!

It's what i used to weigh at my highest, so would be cool to be able to deadlift that weight at my current weight of 232lbs, which i hope to get down to 220 by end of the year

I haven’t hit that weight for those sets of 8 yet. It will be a slow process I’m sure. I’m looking forward to it. Next week I’ll attempt all 5 sets at 315 for 4 reps each. Just a steady climb until it 5x8. I appreciate the compliment brother.

Dude I hope you get that dead lift of your old body weight. I know that would hold such a personal importance to you. GIF it when you do!
    Options
    imqizo7zvrr1.gif

Nice work Chris!

I haven’t hit that weight for those sets of 8 yet. It will be a slow process I’m sure. I’m looking forward to it. Next week I’ll attempt all 5 sets at 315 for 4 reps each. Just a steady climb until it 5x8. I appreciate the compliment brother.

Dude I hope you get that dead lift of your old body weight. I know that would hold such a personal importance to you. GIF it when you do!

Ah got ya! Thought you were already at those reps.
    But you will get there not long from now i just know it

And you bet i am gonna gif it if i reach 364 lbs for deadlift (or squat, whatever comes first)

Right now on the road back to where i was before my time off.
    But since i was having DOMS for 5 day's after my last squat session, i am being carefull with my squats right now, since i am playing national championship as well this weekend, don't wanna stand with wobbly legs on the approaches, so only been doing upper body workouts, and very low weight leg presses and accessory work last week.