GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,642 Member
    Options
    Did an upper body only workout last night. Feeling bummed about the knee acting up. 😔

Still, managed 8,7,6x115lb on bench and at least the first set worked out to a new calc 1rm, so maybe I'll be able to eke out a bit more gains next time I test.

My new crazy *kitten* 1rm goals (now that I hit all my old ones) are: 400 deads, 275 squats, 175 for bench.

They all seem out of reach, so it'll be a huge event if/when I reach them!

sov9ock0735p.gif
    5x65lb, 4x95lb, 8,7,6x115lb,10x95lb
    OHP:
    5x45lb, 4x5x65lb, 8x65lb
    Lat pulldown:
    8,7,8x125lb, 15x100lb
    Seated row:
    3x10x110lb, 16x100lb
    Str8 arm pushdown:
    9,8,8x57.5lb
    Face pull
    7,6,6x57.5lb
    OH Triceps ext
    11,10,10x35lb
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,210 Member
    Options
    imqizo7zvrr1.gif

I’m 5 weeks into a calorie deficit. Still making strength gains with my program. Im happy with it!

Nice work Chris!

Thank you Gus. I’ve been doing the squats barefoot for several months now since you guys mentioned it. It’s my preferred method now. Thanks brother.

Glad to hear that brother!
    It is probably not for everyone, and also not allowed in every gym, but its cheaper than lifting shoes, and basically gives the same stability.
    Just not the heels elevated, but there you have blocks for

Well it’s been working for me. Now that I’ve hit 315 for 5 sets of 3 I’ll transition my progression from poundage to reps. Once I hit 315 for 5 sets of 8 I’ll switch it back and go to 350.

Damn, those are some nice nubmers for reps Chris.
    You are doing awesome, and it shows.
    Those are some great numbers. I agree those magical numbers of 225, 315 and 405 can be mentally daunting.

The closest I’ve gotten to those numbers are on Dead Squats running a 10 sets of 1 rep off the pins. Strictly a strength builder but are fun to program in every now and then.

My magical number will be 364lbs
    I hope to lift that someday for squats and deadlifts

It's what i used to weigh at my highest, so would be cool to be able to deadlift that weight at my current weight of 232lbs, which i hope to get down to 220 by end of the year

I haven’t hit that weight for those sets of 8 yet. It will be a slow process I’m sure. I’m looking forward to it. Next week I’ll attempt all 5 sets at 315 for 4 reps each. Just a steady climb until it 5x8. I appreciate the compliment brother.

Dude I hope you get that dead lift of your old body weight. I know that would hold such a personal importance to you. GIF it when you do!

Ah got ya! Thought you were already at those reps.
    But you will get there not long from now i just know it

And you bet i am gonna gif it if i reach 364 lbs for deadlift (or squat, whatever comes first)

Right now on the road back to where i was before my time off.
    But since i was having DOMS for 5 day's after my last squat session, i am being carefull with my squats right now, since i am playing national championship as well this weekend, don't wanna stand with wobbly legs on the approaches, so only been doing upper body workouts, and very low weight leg presses and accessory work last week.

DOMS for 5 days is torture 😂. I empathize but it’s also funny brother. I guess the weights told you to FAFO.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    Did an upper body only workout last night. Feeling bummed about the knee acting up. 😔

Still, managed 8,7,6x115lb on bench and at least the first set worked out to a new calc 1rm, so maybe I'll be able to eke out a bit more gains next time I test.

My new crazy *kitten* 1rm goals (now that I hit all my old ones) are: 400 deads, 275 squats, 175 for bench.

sov9ock0735p.gif
    OHP:
    5x45lb, 4x5x65lb, 8x65lb
    Lat pulldown:
    8,7,8x125lb, 15x100lb
    Seated row:
    3x10x110lb, 16x100lb
    Str8 arm pushdown:
    9,8,8x57.5lb
    Face pull
    7,6,6x57.5lb
    OH Triceps ext
    11,10,10x35lb

Sandy those are some great numbers and I admire the drive for progression!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

sov9ock0735p.gif
    OHP:
    5x45lb, 4x5x65lb, 8x65lb
    Lat pulldown:
    8,7,8x125lb, 15x100lb
    Seated row:
    3x10x110lb, 16x100lb
    Str8 arm pushdown:
    9,8,8x57.5lb
    Face pull
    7,6,6x57.5lb
    OH Triceps ext
    11,10,10x35lb

Thank you! Gotta dream big, right?

I remember when I set the 300 deadlift goal, I never thought I'd get it, and once I hit it, within a few months I was at 315... so maybe it's doable?

Sadly my bodyweight is still close to 200, so I won't be benching body weight any time soon. :neutral::laugh:
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

sov9ock0735p.gif
    OHP:
    5x45lb, 4x5x65lb, 8x65lb
    Lat pulldown:
    8,7,8x125lb, 15x100lb
    Seated row:
    3x10x110lb, 16x100lb
    Str8 arm pushdown:
    9,8,8x57.5lb
    Face pull
    7,6,6x57.5lb
    OH Triceps ext
    11,10,10x35lb

Thank you! Gotta dream big, right?

I remember when I set the 300 deadlift goal, I never thought I'd get it, and once I hit it, within a few months I was at 315... so maybe it's doable?

Sadly my bodyweight is still close to 200, so I won't be benching body weight any time soon. :neutral::laugh:

You carry that weight extremely well.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,747 Member
    Options
    You gotta dream big to accomplish big. Ask the Wright brothers, Neil Armstrong, and my wife. (Went from dropping out of high school to graduating college a couple weeks ago.)

I remember the first time I benched 225, that magical second plate per side, the standard used by NFL draft prospects (and looking back at it, benching my old fat BW before I found MFP and lifting). The whole gym probably heard me shouting in victory that day!

I hope I will be a little more reserved if/when I bench 315 (which is starting to look in doubt, based upon the struggle I had doing 275 last week), but ya never know...

And as far as DOMS goes, there's a reason I schedule the harder of my two leg days on Friday, when I usually have the time to soak in the hot tub after. Fifteen minutes of soaking can often spell the difference between no DOMS or several days of it. (That's my story as I get older, and I'm sticking to it!)
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    You gotta dream big to accomplish big. Ask the Wright brothers, Neil Armstrong, and my wife. (Went from dropping out of high school to graduating college a couple weeks ago.)

I remember the first time I benched 225, that magical second plate per side, the standard used by NFL draft prospects (and looking back at it, benching my old fat BW before I found MFP and lifting). The whole gym probably heard me shouting in victory that day!

I hope I will be a little more reserved if/when I bench 315 (which is starting to look in doubt, based upon the struggle I had doing 275 last week), but ya never know...

And as far as DOMS goes, there's a reason I schedule the harder of my two leg days on Friday, when I usually have the time to soak in the hot tub after. Fifteen minutes of soaking can often spell the difference between no DOMS or several days of it. (That's my story as I get older, and I'm sticking to it!)

Keep digging, you’ll hit 315!

I look forward to hearing about it. 😎💪🏼
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,405 Member
    Options

And he needs to gif it ofcourse
    edited May 30
    Options
    Oh, got some other exciting news, well sort of.

Every year, we have over here in Netherlands the Nijmeegse Wandelvierdaagse.

It's a walking event, one of the biggest on the plantet, and has 47K participants.

I have always said, that i wanna participate before i turn 40, and since i am turning 40 next year (in november) i have decided to go and participate as well next year (since it's during summer).

This will mean i will have to start my training somewhere in February/March next year

It's a 4 day hike, of 50 kilometers each day, now i can easily walk 10 kilometers, and could probably manage 20 km as well, but 50...that's another level.

I have already setup a schedule for my training, which i can start end of february and i should be ready in June. And the event starts in July, so will have 1 month room

That will also mean, i will probably not be lifting much during this training period, might even have my gym subscription on hold, since the training is walking outside
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

It's a walking event, one of the biggest on the plantet, and has 47K participants.

I have always said, that i wanna participate before i turn 40, and since i am turning 40 next year (in november) i have decided to go and participate as well next year (since it's during summer).

This will mean i will have to start my training somewhere in February/March next year

It's a 4 day hike, of 50 kilometers each day, now i can easily walk 10 kilometers, and could probably manage 20 km as well, but 50...that's another level.

I have already setup a schedule for my training, which i can start end of february and i should be ready in June. And the event starts in July, so will have 1 month room

That will also mean, i will probably not be lifting much during this training period, might even have my gym subscription on hold, since the training is walking outside

HOLY WOW! That's an incredible goal!!! What are the elevation changes going to be like? it's essentially walking 4 marathons in 4 days... *incredible*
  • nossmf
    Options
    As a youth in scouts, my troop would go for 20mi (32km) hikes, take a good chunk of a day. Going half again as far, then repeating it three more times...ok, I take back the mental image I initially had about this being a silly little jaunt.

Is it cross country? On a street or a track? Do you go home each night between, or camp out? Are there time limits? I admit, now I'm curious.
  • nossmf
    Options

Maybe by the time I actually can bench 315, I will figure out a way to covertly record it despite gym rules against...
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

Of course but I’ve noticed he prefers to give great descriptive detail over a gif. I’m good with either. Just hope you hit it brother.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

Sounds like a blast !
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,885 Member
    Options
    drq5lpefun78.gif
    edited May 31
    Options
    As a youth in scouts, my troop would go for 20mi (32km) hikes, take a good chunk of a day. Going half again as far, then repeating it three more times...ok, I take back the mental image I initially had about this being a silly little jaunt.

Is it cross country? On a street or a track? Do you go home each night between, or camp out? Are there time limits? I admit, now I'm curious.

It's on the road, with some elevation changes, i believe on day 3 there is a part that goes up and down.
    But since it's Netherlands, its still considered all very flat i guess

Here is a link to the website, if you are interested in reading into it:

https://www.4daagse.nl/en

I hope i can get a ticket next year, since there is limited spots available
    Options
    Played qualification of National Bowling Championship saturday, and was series winner with 1268 over 6 in the single and 2517 over 6 in duo.

After my series i was standing in 3rd place overal for the single and 2nd in the duo

After yesterday's series i am now in 4th place.
    Pretty happy with it, since i have not played any big tournament over last 6 years.
    Went in pretty blanco.
    Started out bad with a 153, made a ball switch and scored 257/220/224/257 and ended with a 157.
    Last game i was kinda battling myself mentally, and was doing things i should not have done.
    So gotta work on that part for finals, and maybe make it to stepladder finals.
    sb5s9aw60znd.png

• kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    Played qualification of National Bowling Championship saturday, and was series winner with 1268 over 6 in the single and 2517 over 6 in duo.

After my series i was standing in 3rd place overal for the single and 2nd in the duo

Pretty happy with it, since i have not played any big tournament over last 6 years.
    Went in pretty blanco.
    Started out bad with a 153, made a ball switch and scored 257/220/224/257 and ended with a 157.
    Last game i was kinda battling myself mentally, and was doing things i should not have done.
    sb5s9aw60znd.png

That’s awesome Gus, congrats! Don’t forget me when you’re famous.
    Options
    haha, i wont Chris!
    If i could finish in third place, i would be very happy already. Since the number 1 and 2 are far ahead of me (+100)
    But, you never know...
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

Went in pretty blanco.
    sb5s9aw60znd.png

Way to go, Gus!!! :heart: Awesome job!