GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,385 Member
    Options
    Hiya folks!

How is everyone doing?
    I am back from my short break/vacation, and ready to start my program again. Tomorrow evening is first one, with Squats and Bench session. Since i only have time to workout twice this week (being away is fun, but works gets to a hold, and now i have to catch up again) i am doing squat and bench, with some accessory work (normally 4-5 accessory work per day, but gonna cut it down to 3 for squats and 3 for bench)
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,404 Member
    Options
    Wasn't on vacation last week, but between 12-hr work shifts plus a day spent with my wife for her college graduation, I only got in two lifts last week. Here's hoping I can get all four sessions this week...
  • nossmf
    Options
    Week 5 of my bench press triplet protocol, where I started doing 10 triples at 60% of 1RM and every week add 5lb. Any week I fail to complete all 10 triples, the following week will have fewer triples to perform. Repeat until I am down to a single triple, then recalculate 1RM and see if it's changed.

Today was at 205, or 69% of 1RM. Ten sets up, ten triples down. I could feel the weight, but not for any fear of failure. Still going strong, hope to be able to keep all ten triples at least through 225.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Week 5 of my bench press triplet protocol, where I started doing 10 triples at 60% of 1RM and every week add 5lb. Any week I fail to complete all 10 triples, the following week will have fewer triples to perform. Repeat until I am down to a single triple, then recalculate 1RM and see if it's changed.

Today was at 205, or 69% of 1RM. Ten sets up, ten triples down. I could feel the weight, but not for any fear of failure. Still going strong, hope to be able to keep all ten triples at least through 225.

Awesome job!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    W2, D1...
    Bench - 5x65lb, 3x95lb, 7,7,14,12x100lb
    Squat - 5x95lb, 5x135lb, 3x165lb, 7,7,12,10x180lb
    OHP - 3x5x75lb, 12x45lb
    And more... 😊
    n57ci5j0i482.gif
  • nossmf
    Options
    Week 6 of my bench press triplet protocol, where I started doing 10 triples at 60% of 1RM and every week add 5lb. Any week I fail to complete all 10 triples, the following week will have fewer triples to perform. Repeat until I am down to a single triple, then recalculate 1RM and see if it's changed.

Today was at 210, or 71% of 1RM. Ten sets up, ten triples down. Still going strong, made easier by lifting BEFORE work rather than AFTER like I've had to do for weeks now.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Week 6 of my bench press triplet protocol, where I started doing 10 triples at 60% of 1RM and every week add 5lb. Any week I fail to complete all 10 triples, the following week will have fewer triples to perform. Repeat until I am down to a single triple, then recalculate 1RM and see if it's changed.

Today was at 210, or 71% of 1RM. Ten sets up, ten triples down. Still going strong, made easier by lifting BEFORE work rather than AFTER like I've had to do for weeks now.

Way to keep after it!!
    edited May 22
    Options
    Today, finally going back to the gym after almost 4 weeks.
    Last week it didn't happened due to certain circumstances but i did worked out in my garden with my 1 dumbell i have and did 10 minute rope jumping.

On a good note, i have started to lose some weight again, been watching my eating a bit more again and saying no a bit more often against cake and cookies. Still take them, but only if i can actually enjoy it.

Plan today is squat, bench, deadlift for 8 triplets at 60%
    Going to up 5 kg on squat and deadlift every next session and 2.5kg on bench and see where i strand
    Options
    Today, finally going back to the gym after almost 4 weeks.
    Last week it didn't happened due to certain circumstances but i did worked out in my garden with my 1 dumbell i have and did 10 minute rope jumping.

On a good note, i have started to lose some weight again, been watching my eating a bit more again and saying no a bit more often against cake and cookies. Still take them, but only if i can actually enjoy it.

Plan today is squat, bench, deadlift for 8 triplets at 60%
    Going to up 5 kg on squat and deadlift every next session and 2.5kg on bench and see where i strand

Ment to day this for my plan:

Plan today is squat, bench, deadlift for 4 sets of 6-8 at 60%
    Going to up 5 kg on squat and deadlift every next session and 2.5kg on bench and see where i strand.
    I think i am just going to do that for a while before starting my 7 week program again. During summer i am alone in office for a few weeks, so i can't go out during my lunchbreak to workout. So if i start that 7 week program now, i just know i will not have the proper routine to continue doing it and it will end up in being a 12 week program instead.
    edited May 22
    Options
    Okey, first session done in the gym again after 4 weeks no gym and only 2 home workouts and recreative cycling

And i am humbled...

Was planning on doing 4 sets of 6-8 on Bench, DL and Squats at 60% of my 1RM (which clearly is not my 1RM i am capable off right now)
    Ended up doing Bench at 70% for 3 sets of 8/9/8
    Deadlift at 60% for 3 sets of 5
    And started doing my squat warmups, and when i started doing my first set at 60% it felt so heavy...i was not even able to do more than 2 reps

Here below is my last warmup set.
    jetamowtcijm.gif

A good thing though, they have a heel elevated tool now, so i used that for my squats, and holy *kitten*, i could notice when doing warmup sets that i got much deeper.

Here is a screenshot of the video of today:
    c1pu68lcs3qd.jpeg

To some this may not look much, but i could feel getting past the point i was used to.
    Perhaps that is also a reason my squat felt heavier, dunno.
    I just know, that i am gonna give it time to build up again with my heels elevated, even if that means starting with 1 plate again and slowly building up
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,162 Member
    Options
    Okey, first session done in the gym again after 4 weeks no gym and only 2 home workouts and recreative cycling

And i am humbled...

Was planning on doing 4 sets of 6-8 on Bench, DL and Squats at 60% of my 1RM (which clearly is not my 1RM i am capable off right now)
    And started doing my squat warmups, and when i started doing my first set at 60% it felt so heavy...i was not even able to do more than 2 reps

jetamowtcijm.gif

A good thing though, they have a heel elevated tool now, so i used that for my squats, and holy *kitten*, i could notice when doing warmup sets that i got much deeper.

c1pu68lcs3qd.jpeg

To some this may not look much, but i could feel getting past the point i was used to.
    I just know, that i am gonna give it time to build up again with my heels elevated, even if that means starting with 1 plate again and slowly building up

Looks like good form Gus and sounds like you have a good mind set on your approach.
  • nossmf
    Options
    If it makes your smile even bigger, my leg day yesterday I did 4x10x568 on leg press, compared to your 589. You go, girl!

(Of course, now I know I need to increase the weight used next week...lol!)

Missed doing this last week, but I did remember this conversation at the gym yesterday after work, so when the guy before me asked what weight to leave on the sled when he finished I told him to leave it where it was, and did 4x10x658 (along with 4x15 at the same weight for calf raises).

Have at thee, @KickassAmazon76! lol
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    If it makes your smile even bigger, my leg day yesterday I did 4x10x568 on leg press, compared to your 589. You go, girl!

(Of course, now I know I need to increase the weight used next week...lol!)

Missed doing this last week, but I did remember this conversation at the gym yesterday after work, so when the guy before me asked what weight to leave on the sled when he finished I told him to leave it where it was, and did 4x10x658 (along with 4x15 at the same weight for calf raises).

Have at thee, @KickassAmazon76! lol

Well... You're ahead still... My last leg press was 6,6,7 at 639lb lol
  • nossmf
    Options
    lol Don't worry, I don't intend to get into a continual battle of "who lifted more" scenario. I just wanted to point out how an online conversation made its appearance into my real-life workout, lol.

Besides, my numbers today pale against my numbers from a few years ago. Even though my squat today is heavier than back then, my leg press back then squashes my numbers today. Not sure how, am guessing it was a combination of doing the leg press all...the...time back then, plus I'm fairly certain my depth wasn't as good then as it is now, but I do know (thanks to a manic dedication to logging workouts) that I was doing sets of 20 with 7 plates, sets of 10 with 10 plates, and have a lifetime 3RM of 1,200# (12 plates per side, plus a 2.5# plate in the center to make the math work out).
    Options

And i am humbled...

jetamowtcijm.gif

c1pu68lcs3qd.jpeg

Looks like good form Gus and sounds like you have a good mind set on your approach.

Thank you Chris.
    I just need to remind myself that it takes time to build up strenght again and being away from lifting for 4 weeks is gonna mess with my strenght.

Definatly feeling it today though, it's walking funny thursday today
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    lol Don't worry, I don't intend to get into a continual battle of "who lifted more" scenario. I just wanted to point out how an online conversation made its appearance into my real-life workout, lol.

Besides, my numbers today pale against my numbers from a few years ago. Even though my squat today is heavier than back then, my leg press back then squashes my numbers today. Not sure how, am guessing it was a combination of doing the leg press all...the...time back then, plus I'm fairly certain my depth wasn't as good then as it is now, but I do know (thanks to a manic dedication to logging workouts) that I was doing sets of 20 with 7 plates, sets of 10 with 10 plates, and have a lifetime 3RM of 1,200# (12 plates per side, plus a 2.5# plate in the center to make the math work out).

I wasn't getting into a who lifted more scenario. Though I was proud of crossing 600 for reps.

At no time have I lifted more than you, nor do I expect to ever lift more. I'm not about pissing contests. You've made it pretty clear that you can lift an elephant.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Actually, according to my last leg day, I lifted the equivalent of 8 elephants, but who's counting? lol
  • nossmf
    Options
    I just need to remind myself that it takes time to build up strenght again and being away from lifting for 4 weeks is gonna mess with my strenght.

Definatly feeling it today though, it's walking funny thursday today

Away for 4 weeks, your strength will return in no time. Shouldn't take more than 3-4 weeks before you're back to what you were before the layoff, assuming the injury is healed. If it's still sore, then take your time ramping up, at least until you are no longer sore.

DOMS is just the body's way of "thanking" you for the time off, lol.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    So I am at the point i do can light upper body again. Did 65lbs on bench for 3 sets of 12... 😂.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    So I am at the point i do can light upper body again. Did 65lbs on bench for 3 sets of 12... 😂.

Hey! That's awesome! Way to go!