Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Challenges
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

2021🌟30-Pound Challenge🌟

167891012»

Replies

  • seilidheseilidhe Member Posts: 476 Member Member Posts: 476 Member
    Age: 62
    Height: 5'7" (or thereabouts)
    SW (1/1/2021) = 186.8
    GW = 145-150

    1/4 = 186.2
    1/11 = 184.8
    1/18 =183.4
    1/25 =184.0
    2/1 = 182.5
    2/8 = 181.6
    2/15 = 179.2
    2/22 = 183.7
    3/1 = 181.4
    3/9 = 181.4
    3/15 = 181.6
    3/22 = 181.6
    3/30 = 181.3

    Down 0.3 lbs. Could be worse. Could be a lot better.

    Challenges? See any of my last three or four posts. Nothing has really changed. Well, except that we finally found a DES rep that would take what we provided and counted it as validation and approved my daughter's food stamps. Thank goodness for that. Oh, and we just got word late last week that my daughter's ESA has valley fever. Oh. Yay.

    Successes? One of the local running shops is doing a challenge. The first week was to run or walk one mile and choose your best time to share with them. I hadn't run in a couple of weeks and it was windy as heck on Sunday when I went out. (I do not like the wind). Nevertheless, I got in about 4 miles, two of which were run/walk, the remaining two were strictly walking. I'm not fast to begin with and my times for the past couple of years have hovered between 16-17 minute miles. My fastest of the two on Sunday was 14:03. So that was a surprise. Still enjoying my bike rides, with or without my sister. Hopefully, my daughter's bike will be ready this weekend. Supposed to be low to mid 90s here, but early mornings are still nice.

    Still need to drink more water and eat less carbs. Blah. :wink: Wishing those of you who celebrate Pesach gut yom tov! And to those on the other side, Happy Easter. And to everybody, have a great week and keep up the good work!
  • sdsHadEnoughsdsHadEnough Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Joining the party a little late. But, hey, we still have 39 weeks to go! Right?

    Starting weight: 235.5 January 2021
    Goal weight: 199 by January 1, 2022
    Current weight: 226

    Goals:
    Exercise 30 minutes+ a day, 5x a week
    Drink more water
    Stay within daily calorie goal
    Reduce alcohol consumption (unfortunately, my downfall)


  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,064 Member Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    Hello friends!

    My oldest turned 20 on March 30th.
    He’s coming home from college tonight, so I’m taking a quick break from baking, cleaning, and decorating. Can’t wait to see him! 🥰🎈🍰
    I actually have 4 days off in a row to hang out with the family and celebrate his birthday and Easter. So happy!

    Jill
  • seilidheseilidhe Member Posts: 476 Member Member Posts: 476 Member
    jm216 wrote: »
    Hello friends!

    My oldest turned 20 on March 30th.
    He’s coming home from college tonight, so I’m taking a quick break from baking, cleaning, and decorating. Can’t wait to see him! 🥰🎈🍰
    I actually have 4 days off in a row to hang out with the family and celebrate his birthday and Easter. So happy!

    Jill

    I hear ya! My son is coming home, just to eat, on Sunday. I can't wait. Haven't seen him since Christmas and he doesn't talk to me much. (No bad feelings and we get along... he just isn't that communicative).

    Happy birthday to your son! Have fun with your family and in the immortal words of Three Dog Night... "Celebrate, celebrate... dance to the music!" :DB)
  • seilidheseilidhe Member Posts: 476 Member Member Posts: 476 Member
    Age: 62
    Height: 5'7" (or thereabouts)
    SW (1/1/2021) = 186.8
    GW = 145-150

    1/4 = 186.2
    1/11 = 184.8
    1/18 =183.4
    1/25 =184.0
    2/1 = 182.5
    2/8 = 181.6
    2/15 = 179.2
    2/22 = 183.7
    3/1 = 181.4
    3/9 = 181.4
    3/15 = 181.6
    3/22 = 181.6
    3/30 = 181.3
    4/5 - 182.0 (Bugger it!)

    Biggest success this week (and the whole time Easter candy has been out)? I have not had a single Cadbury Egg. And I used to eat them like... well, like candy. :wink:

    Biggest frustration? I got down to 179 and change this past Thursday and Friday. I guess the 179 was a fluke weight... an illusion... a tease... a victim of Saturday that didn't recover, even after I ran 5k and walked an additional 2 miles yesterday. Why do I do this to myself?

    I went to the apartment gym on Tuesday night. And, after getting home, promptly wrote an email to management that someone needed to come in and "service" the weight machines because the pins were not inserting properly into the weights, the weights were sticking to each other, and there was visible rust on the weights. Mgmt replied someone is supposed to be coming to do what needs to be done. I'll believe it when I see it.

    Upcoming challenges? Face the nutrition LPN on Thursday when I go weigh in. Drinking more water. Eating few carbs. You know... the usual ****.

  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,064 Member Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    Starting weight: 214 pounds on 1/1/2021
    Age: 51
    Height: 5’8”
    Goal weight: 184

    Weekly Check-In:
    January 1: 214
    January 3: 211.6
    January 10: 209.7
    January 17: 207.6
    January 24: 208
    January 31: 208
    February 7: 207.2
    February 14: 207.9
    February 21: 210.8
    February 28: 212
    March 7: 207.9
    March 14: 208.1
    March 21: 207.2
    March 28: 207.0

    This week up .3 pounds.
    Not too bad at all... considering the “incident” with the chocolate bunny...😳🤫
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,064 Member Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    Starting weight: 214 pounds on 1/1/2021
    Age: 51
    Height: 5’8”
    Goal weight: 184

    Weekly Check-In:
    January 1: 214
    January 3: 211.6
    January 10: 209.7
    January 17: 207.6
    January 24: 208
    January 31: 208
    February 7: 207.2
    February 14: 207.9
    February 21: 210.8
    February 28: 212
    March 7: 207.9
    March 14: 208.1
    March 21: 207.2
    March 28: 207.0
    April 4 : 207.3
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,064 Member Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    I hope things are going well for you all. This afternoon I get my 2nd Phizer Covid vaccination. After my first dose, I felt exhausted and my head felt foggy. I even slept an extra 10 hours that day. I had a mild case of Covid in July 2020, so that may be why I had a reaction after the first dose. I’ll let you know how this one goes. Super happy to get the final shot.

    Jill
  • seilidheseilidhe Member Posts: 476 Member Member Posts: 476 Member
    jm216 wrote: »
    I hope things are going well for you all. This afternoon I get my 2nd Phizer Covid vaccination. After my first dose, I felt exhausted and my head felt foggy. I even slept an extra 10 hours that day. I had a mild case of Covid in July 2020, so that may be why I had a reaction after the first dose. I’ll let you know how this one goes. Super happy to get the final shot.

    Jill


    I got my second dose at the beginning of March (considered an "essential worker" so got in right behind the teachers). I was lucky because I had no ill side effects either time other than soreness at the injection site. And that happens with a lot of shots anyways, right? I hope you come through this unscathed, Jill!

    Enjoy this video from one of my favorite Twitter accounts. The "band" is called "Vultures of Parliament" and are, in theory at least, made up of lead singer Beaker (the pretty little Golden Retriever in the pink science doggles); drummer Achlys the Danger Noodle (aka ball python); guitarist Larry the housecat; and saxophonist Jeb the llama. :)

    https://youtu.be/LYdx-lGOOJA
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,064 Member Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    seilidhe wrote: »
    jm216 wrote: »
    I hope things are going well for you all. This afternoon I get my 2nd Phizer Covid vaccination. After my first dose, I felt exhausted and my head felt foggy. I even slept an extra 10 hours that day. I had a mild case of Covid in July 2020, so that may be why I had a reaction after the first dose. I’ll let you know how this one goes. Super happy to get the final shot.

    Jill


    I got my second dose at the beginning of March (considered an "essential worker" so got in right behind the teachers). I was lucky because I had no ill side effects either time other than soreness at the injection site. And that happens with a lot of shots anyways, right? I hope you come through this unscathed, Jill!

    Enjoy this video from one of my favorite Twitter accounts. The "band" is called "Vultures of Parliament" and are, in theory at least, made up of lead singer Beaker (the pretty little Golden Retriever in the pink science doggles); drummer Achlys the Danger Noodle (aka ball python); guitarist Larry the housecat; and saxophonist Jeb the llama. :)

    https://youtu.be/LYdx-lGOOJA

    That was awesome! Thanks for sharing, Sei!
  • seilidheseilidhe Member Posts: 476 Member Member Posts: 476 Member
    If you have a Twitter account, I highly recommend you follow Bunsen and BEAKER (@bunsenbernerbmd) for adorableness, positivity, science, and Vultures of Parliament. :) Their Dadguy (@ZedScience) also has a Science Pawdcast (@sciencepawdcast) that often highlights women and PoC in STEM. One of my favorite accounts, right behind Thoughts of Dog (@dog_feelings) and We Rate Dogs (@dog_rates). Also A Golden named Kevin (@agoldentnamedkev), Pavlov (@PAVGOD), The Golden Ratio (@TheGoldenRatio4), Sampson the Service Dog (@sampson_dog) and Kratu (@Kraturescuedog). There may be more. And don't even get me started on the dogs on Instagram...

    Hmmm... I may have a dog problem. :)
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,064 Member Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    seilidhe wrote: »
    If you have a Twitter account, I highly recommend you follow Bunsen and BEAKER (@bunsenbernerbmd) for adorableness, positivity, science, and Vultures of Parliament. :) Their Dadguy (@ZedScience) also has a Science Pawdcast (@sciencepawdcast) that often highlights women and PoC in STEM. One of my favorite accounts, right behind Thoughts of Dog (@dog_feelings) and We Rate Dogs (@dog_rates). Also A Golden named Kevin (@agoldentnamedkev), Pavlov (@PAVGOD), The Golden Ratio (@TheGoldenRatio4), Sampson the Service Dog (@sampson_dog) and Kratu (@Kraturescuedog). There may be more. And don't even get me started on the dogs on Instagram...

    Hmmm... I may have a dog problem. :)

    We are definitely birds of a feather... or should it be animals of fur? I use Instagram as my happy place to see dogs and cats... I especially love the rescue sites like @bethostern or @ christinescatsandcanines @mortythemisfit and @bubulaandbuddies are absolutely adorable. So many fun animals to watch. ❤️🐕🐈

  • seilidheseilidhe Member Posts: 476 Member Member Posts: 476 Member
    jm216 wrote: »
    seilidhe wrote: »

    We are definitely birds of a feather... or should it be animals of fur? I use Instagram as my happy place to see dogs and cats... I especially love the rescue sites like @bethostern or @ christinescatsandcanines @mortythemisfit and @bubulaandbuddies are absolutely adorable. So many fun animals to watch. ❤️🐕🐈

    Oh yeah... Speaking of rescues on Instagram, have you seen @wolfgang2242? He rescues senior, mostly smaller, dogs, but he does have one Irish Wolfhound. Also a pig, a turkey, and a chicken. :) He's got quite a pack going there. :) I need to look at the ones you've mentioned. Or maybe not... I'm not sure I need more accounts to follow. Hahahahah!
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,064 Member Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    seilidhe wrote: »
    jm216 wrote: »
    seilidhe wrote: »

    We are definitely birds of a feather... or should it be animals of fur? I use Instagram as my happy place to see dogs and cats... I especially love the rescue sites like @bethostern or @ christinescatsandcanines @mortythemisfit and @bubulaandbuddies are absolutely adorable. So many fun animals to watch. ❤️🐕🐈

    Oh yeah... Speaking of rescues on Instagram, have you seen @wolfgang2242? He rescues senior, mostly smaller, dogs, but he does have one Irish Wolfhound. Also a pig, a turkey, and a chicken. :) He's got quite a pack going there. :) I need to look at the ones you've mentioned. Or maybe not... I'm not sure I need more accounts to follow. Hahahahah!

    There is one that I follow that has 2 ducks cohabitating with a mellow Golden Retriever. 🥰
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 2,064 Member Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    Starting weight: 214 pounds on 1/1/2021
    Age: 51
    Height: 5’8”
    Goal weight: 184

    Weekly Check-In:
    January 1: 214
    January 3: 211.6
    January 10: 209.7
    January 17: 207.6
    January 24: 208
    January 31: 208
    February 7: 207.2
    February 14: 207.9
    February 21: 210.8
    February 28: 212
    March 7: 207.9
    March 14: 208.1
    March 21: 207.2
    March 28: 207.0
    April 4 : 207.3
    April 11: 206.5

    🌸 Loss of .8 pounds. 🌸 Step by step progress

    Have a great week friends!

    Jill
Sign In or Register to comment.