• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,120 Member
    Options
    OR An electric runabout car.
    Or A motortrike.
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Took Bumble out for a walk in the drizzle this afternoon. He was really into it, super sniffy. Then, he went to his obedience class. DH had to come in case I am not back from interview next week, he may have to take Bumble to school. Bumble was very excited to see his dad in a novel environment. Needless to say his excitement led to not having the best class.

I get to see my daughter on Saturday. We are going to the barn to see her horse. We have not gotten to visit with him since October, so very excited about getting to be at the barn...my happy place.

Husband made one of my favorite dinners tonight...Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Portobello. Recipe is keto friendly for those of you doing that. I don't do keto, but do try and keep carbs in check. This is a sinfully rich and delicious main course. 333 calories, but I am never hungry after eating it. I originally found the recipe on skinnytaste, but it is also on eating well.

Sugar levels were in the 150s today so steady decline still in progress woohoo....wish I could say the same about the scale...sigh. My average last week had me feeling helpful, but this week has been more than a 2 lb increase. I know a lot of people don't weight themselves every day. I do but then I take the avg weight for that week so that water weight and daily fluctuations seen to have less negative impact. I started doing this after I originally only weighed myself once a week, but I got so sad if the scale had a negative impact on that day. I find the avg to be a little more psychologically helpful to me.

My muscle aches and pains today are a clear indication that I still need to step up my exercise game. I know it, it is going to need to be a February goal. I am really impressed with you ladies who are getting over 1000 calories a day burned, that is awesome!

Finally came up with a creative idea for my interview video. Hope to get a good start on that tomorrow. Can't believe it is almost mid week already. Time is flying this week.
    dee
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Dee - I used to keep my average too. I did it for over a year and lost 25lbs. I still weigh everyday but don’t track it like that anymore. I need to start it again.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!
    Dang it! Only had 6300 steps today, so am currently walking circles in my house. I am thankful for a traditional ranch. Laundry room. Dining room . Entry . Hallway. Repeat. I said I needed to up my game!
    Got to work today and SIL was trying to total invoices on new system-yay?!? She said she really needed to learn-well duh! She told a customer she needed to get faster on the system. My thought was then you need to stay at work and at the counter to wait on customers, not leave halfway through day. But once again, she was out the door at 1230. SMH.
    Took husband to get his compliant state ID today. Was easy and fast. Got gass for 30 cents cheaper than our normal station before heading back to shop. Tonight, had message on phone that someone left the "s" off his middle name! When he gets his new ID in the mail we have to go back so they can fix their clerical error.

I just hit 10,000 steps. Will move to laptop or tablet to comment after I set up coffee for morning.

😉
    Kylia in Ohio where it is sleeting.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Flea ... love the photo of your son and new pup! How’s the puppy doing?

Barbara ... our furry crocodile ... I mean chocolate lab ... is named Cecil! And I know just what you mean about flat surfaces....

Allie ... I’m praying all is well ...

Tracey ... progressive dinners is what we called them. Our church youth group still does a Christmas one ... well, pre-Covid

Rebecca ... Athena just keeps getting cuter!

Beth near Buffalo

• kymarai
    Options
    Chocolate fix.....
    jb4pcwdy8o07.jpg
    Found at Costco tonight. Yummy!

Julie I too am the same way. Sometimes slow to get motivated, but once I do get going all is good, then poof. Can't deal with anything else. You aren't alone in these feelings. Do what you can while motivated, then recharge. You are allowed. From what I am reading, you are doing a great job as a teacher. My guilty pleasures include gardenscapes, homescapes, dance videos. Speaking of which, loved the video you shared. I laughed out loud!

Dee I generally walk lots, but I find I get sore when I change that up. Heck even walking is different inside vs outside! Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Tracey wow, that is a lot to deal with on top of covid. I think a visit is called for as well. Prayers.

Katla Always love the feeling of paying off a car. Congrats!

Heather UK- I am glad you are having fun even if you can't hear other singers. Fun!

Rebecca Great pictures. I love the fourth one and her expression!

Welcome Tina in AZ and Jennifer in Edmonton ! I tend to weigh a few times a week. Always keeping in mind what I have eaten or drunk thev24hrs ahead of weigh in.

All caught up. Sleepy time. Husband has online sleep Dr appt tomorrow. I get my hair done tomorrow night,. The plan is to throw chili in crockpot before we leave for work.

Welcomes!
    Hugs!
    Congratulations!
    Rest!

<3
    Kylia sleepy in ohio

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I really blew it on my eating today. I made my version of a pig in a blanket for lunch to use up some weisswurst and used the extra croissants to make nutella stuffed croissants. I had one. Then I saw that I have an entire drawer of the fridge dedicated to various nuts and seeds. So, to use some of those, I made a very delectable sugared pecan, cashew, and almond mix. I just made those my dinner and called it a day. Next time I want to get rid of nuts, I'll make nut butter. That is so much healthier.

Welcome Tina in AZ and Jennifer in Edmonton!

Rebecca - Athena is so adorable. I like the second picture where it looks like she's cheering. She just looks so happy!

Julie - I wish I could visit you and have espresso at a nice little cafe together. You sound like you could use some company. Hang in there!

Tracey - After my first two physical therapy appointments for my core last summer, I could barely walk. The PT told me it was residual pain from moving differently. It did subside in a day or two and was never so bad after the remaining appointments, so there's hope. It sounds like your cousin could use a patient ear. Breaking the rules seems like a good risk in this case.

I'm able to make it through an entire leg workout without passing out now. That's a positive achievement. I actually ran 2 miles the other day, but my knee was not happy with that...which is a completely new bodily complaint!

My heart rate is mostly back to normal and I think any shortness of breath I'm feeling now is likely allergy related. I get my CBC done in early February, so it'll be interesting to see my iron levels.

I think I'm going to start writing a book. Now that I've declared it out loud, I have to do it.

Tina in CA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Love those Athena pictures. That child is so photogenic.

Katla - Yay for finally having new glasses.

The wind is howling around the the house tonight. It makes me cold just listening to it. Think I will go find my warm bed.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Katla, glasses in the mailbox and car paid off? Woohoo!!
    Flea, puppy is just adorable!
    Rebecca, Athena makes a wonderful valentine's model!
    Tracey, an in person visit is definitely called for! Keeping your cousin in my thoughts...
    Official wi day today, down 1.6, but I was up for awhile, so still not down to pre-covid. That's okay, I'm at least moving in the right direction! I was craving brownies today, so decided to make some. I forgot to set the timer on the oven, I kept thinking they must be done soon, but never bothered getting up to actually check thinking the timer would go off "any time now". In my defense, I was watching the news.... Anyway, when I did check them, they were overdone. I sort of managed to salvage some of them, had to cut off about an inch all the way around, they are a bit dry, but not bad. Sort of eased my craving, but I think I'll have to try again tomorrow. I did manage to control myself and not snack on them all night, so I'm calling that a victory! I have gone three days without snacking, feeling kinda proud of me!
    $10,000 to spend? I think I'd get someone to do over our backyard. It was left in a "natural" state, so no landscaping or anything. We've done a bit, but what we wanted to do isn't possible as there is a large tree in the forest next door that would prevent us getting material into the backyard to finish it. And it's much to difficult to haul it in by hand. Well, too difficult for two bad backs and a bad heart (his, mine is fine). Ah well, we can still dream.... One of these days the tree will fall down (hopefully along the fence and not on our house) and then we will be able to do what we want! The owners of aforementioned forest were supposed to be taking the tree down, but we have heard nothing since an arborist that they hired talked to hubby. They have been put on notice by our strata council that the tree is dangerous so if it does come crashing into our house, they will have to pay for the damages. That will be cold comfort..... We have been pretty nervous in some of the wind storms that have been happening. I thought I had a photo of it on my computer, but apparently not. I will try to remember to take one and post it, it's quite interesting to see what mother nature can accomplish!
    Anyway, it's getting late so I must get off the computer! Hugs to those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Waiting for news from Allie. Have I missed a post? Hope she is ok. <3

Katla - Hooray! Congratulations on both things. Especially the glasses. :D

Horrible sleep last night, as in, not much. No reason, just active brain. :/
    I used the earlier part of the night to amend my Waitrose order that is coming tomorrow and book another one for two weeks time. That time span seems to suit us. Some things imported from the EU are out of stock. :#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    Options
    Hi,
    I had to close curtains on big windows last night. I am not sure if it was the wind or just the general cold, but dining room, living room, and new room were cold compared to rest of house. Grateful for insulating curtains as those rooms warmed up within 30 mins by just closing them. Will reopen when the sun comes back out. I think I am strange because I feel the house isn't happy if the curtains stay closed too much.
    Migraine this morning. I am actually hoping we are slow today at work. I have a few things to catch up on.
    Katla Yay! Glasses are wonderful!
    Evelyn Great job on downward scale. I think mine is stuck which is better than going up!

Stay safe wherever you are. You are IMPORTANT!
    <3
    Kylia
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: call vet, zoom with B,
    Bonus: 60 mins combing Tumble
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, Shadow and Tumble to Vet, pick up Joe’s watch, Post Office trace missing filters, call S, call C, call R, FM Cu, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, research effective conflict resolution, index mutual aid files, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, Sleeping with the Devil, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, End-February call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Happier January:
    27: Challenge your negative thoughts and look for the upside:

Julie if you can keep intake light and balanced without tracking, brava! I cannot. I need to both plan (intended) meals and track/revise to reflect actual consumption to keep me even remotely honest. Thanks for the Trevor clip, I snorted my tea. :laugh:
    Tracey :
    Your cousin’s reconstructive surgeries sound extensive. Was just wondering if her memory issues could be a reaction to the anesthesia. I’m so sorry she had to suffer those delays. I’ve had skin cancer surgeries 4 times, 3 were Mohs surgery, but fortunately never that deep. My surgeon was a real artist, managed to cut so the scars were hidden (mostly) in the already existent wrinkles. Due to Covid I skipped my semi-annual scan and now have a new worrisome spot. Very grateful to have an appointment next month. :
    Sorry to hear your physio brought more pain instead of relief. :’(
    Pip :love; Yogi as a pup with a mini-Yogi dolly.
    Rebecca, Athena Rose=supermodel. She has your eyes!
    Jennifer from Edmonton con grats on your progress. Baby steps well done.
    Welcome @tjarizonatina Tina from AZ!
    Barbie :love: the caps and blannies.
    Kylia when I saw “Chocolate Fix” at the bottom of my screen, I expected to see Beth’s Cecil when I scrolled down. :laugh:
    Katla Halelujah your glasses arrived!
    Flea there’s nothing more joyful than puppy-in-snow for the first time.
    Like Heather and others, hoping to hear from Allie.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    January: leaner/stronger/kinder than December.
    daily: sit with Joe: 24, weigh/wii: 25/12/36 steps>5592=10293 yay!!! vits=23 log=24 CI<CO=23 CI<250<CO=19 Tumble 5=21 Shadow 5=22 mfp=25 outside=25 up hill=22
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3 =2 rx=3 dance=4 clean 60 mins=6.5 packwalk=2, wt=1/3:144.2, 1/10: 142. 1/17: 142.4 1/24: 140!!!
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=2 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=14 play=20 sew=1 waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Teresa OH – do you need to put as much salt (any?) in the cabbage when you make your own sauerkraut? I love sauerkraut, but the sodium doesn’t love me. If I could make it myself with little or no salt, I would That’s great that you can limit your chocolate consumption. I feel the same way. Sometimes I just need a bit of chocolate. But I know some people just can’t have a little bit of something without going overboard. A friend offered me some of his sourdough starter, but I felt funny so I ordered it from King Arthur. What I especially like is that they have a “bakers hotline” where you can call with any question. Like last week I called them to tell them that I had my starter in the refrig, how often do I have to feed it? They are very helpful. Now it’s doing fine, thanks for asking. What a lovely couple you and your hubby make!

Michele NC

Michele: THANKS for your kind words about DH and I. Also, I forgot to answer your ? about the sauerkraut. Yes, for a head of cabbage (approx 3 lb), you'll need to use 1.5 tablespoons of salt. The salt helps to create an environment that favors the lactobacillus bacteria in the sauerkraut. But that's all you need - cabbage and salt. Here's the recipe:

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-homemade-sauerkraut-in-a-mason-jar-193124