WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    Home again after travelling around the island with the 600 km riders ... and taking a bit of time to ourselves. :)

Rhody is thrilled to be home. He travels quite well, but loves coming home!

Whilst I do love travelling, I am glad that we've got no travels planned for February. Hopefully I can get going on a few things on my Things to Do list.

Rhody:
    35s3jjkyvwjz.png

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    Barbara: The Franke sink is inset so no gunk, as it's very easy to keep clean with a toothbrush.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Page 73
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited January 2021
    Options
    😍 all the pet/landscape pics.

Favourite room? The garden room. It faces south so it is always bright and warm. I love sitting there with a cup of coffee, looking out into the garden through the French windows. One wall is covered in bookshelves, and we have a bistro table and chairs where we eat dinner every night. Close second would be the master bedroom above it. The picture window has an elevated view of the garden from the bed. There is also space for me to exercise and a smart TV with internet access for YouTube/fitnessblender workouts. I often spend time in the morning doing paperwork or reading in bed after I do my morning wake up routines, especially at this time of year, when it is cold and wet outside. I think I'm like Barbie. I actually like nearly every room for different reasons lol 😂

Page 74
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,490 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: check to Cal-Ore, BiMart, Grocery Outlet, employer letters to Freddie’s and shopping.
    Bonus: May NFIRS headings and training, beach stroll with T and Shadow
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call vet, can I bring Tumble in with Shadow for nails?, zoom with B, pick up Joe’s watch, Post Office trace missing filters, call S, call C, call R, FM Cu, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, research effective conflict resolution, index mutual aid files, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, Sleeping with the Devil, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, End-February call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Happier January:
    25: Decide to lift people up rather than put them down. Hugged S instead of saying “You shouldn’t feel that way.”
    26: Say “Hello!” to a neighbor and get to know them better: time to bake and take cookies over to the only house we can see.

Whoosh, I am pooped. First, and most important, errand successful, next two weren’t but I can try again tomorrow. T suggested we take advantage of the break in the rain so we strolled with Shadow on the beach. Fire hall check-in went well, good way to round out the day.

Heather, I’ve never been so excited to see a sheep’s stomach stuffed with oatmeal and offal. Very happy for you and that it’s you and not I that will eat it. You’re $10K choice led me down the art deco/moderne rabbit hole, some fun!
    Lisa maybe Corey just wanted you to check his pockets … :devil: Thanks for the https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/if-you-had-to-pick-one-healthy-habit-for-2021-here-s-your-best-choice-1.5852187 link Motivation to keep upping my steps. Have finally started edging the average up, could maybe make 6K steps a February goal.
    Teresa no way were you getting enough sleep while running that newspaper route!
    Barbie 22K today and >15K average for the month, you inspire!
    Dee poor Bumble! Likewise cold and pouringdown rain here for the foreseeable future. Wonder if I can persuade Shadow and Tumble to line dance instead of walking down to the powerline? IMHO, if you really hate the exercycle, sell it to someone who doesn’t. Better to find activities you enjoy, like the Disney and Broadway music aerobic sites. Always impressed by the creativity and artistry of the gals on this site, now you and your scrapbooking are included!S
    Tracey vaguely remember some “progressive dinners” in the late 50s early 60s that sound like that. Prayers continue for your cousin. Was she anesthetized for the skin cancer surgery?
    Carol 5 days of IF? You ROCK!
    Rita glad to hear your topical oil rub is helping. I’m always amazed at what the skin can do for/transmit to our innards. Truly an amazing organ.
    Thanks pip! Figured the quilt was something pretty special.
    Annie sorry to hear your meditation group is falling apart. ((hugs)) I couldn’t even imagine doing a pushup so your progress is awesome!
    Machka: $10K in 1 hr? Lowe’s or Home Depot. Easy. Floors, cabinets, appliances, wait, only 10 K? What a great pic of Rhody, on the verge of pouncing?
    Kay cacao nibs instead of chocolate chips? (pursing lips, squidging eyes shut, grimacing while SMH)
    Ginny aha! :laugh: Do you know if you can move a pivot table to a different location within a spreadsheet without scrambling the data? I’ve tried but always had to revert to a previous version.
    Debbie ((hugs))
    Like Evelyn and Flea, keeping Allie in mind and praying the surgery went well.
    Michele and Debbie, ditto. Miss the people at church but won’t return in person until 2 weeks after both Joe and I have had the second dose. Maybe this Spring.
    Kylia thanks for the heads up about the yard equipment.
    Sue did the arborists have any advice about the dwarf willows?
    Terri is the Franke sink inset from above, or undermount? In my dream art moderne kitchen I think I’d go for the vintage, porcelain clad metal, one piece drainboard and wide shallow sink. Truly smooth clean lines… with butcherblock or quartz countertop elsewhere. IMHO nothing you have to clean with a toothbrush is easy ;) What I have in mind is something like this: http://www.thisoldtubandsink.com/viamstsibapo1.html but for US$800 plus shipping I’d expect it to be re-clad :}

Favorite room: my kneejerk response was “none of the inside ones, but the deck or the forest clearing with picnic table or the powerline meadow.” This because I’ve not given the rooms the care needed to make me like them. If forced to choose it would be my office/exercise/dog training/music/crafts/sewing/OMG room with view down the power line to the sea. It’s a chaotic, cluttered mess but where I spend most of my time when not in the kitchen or outdoors.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    January: leaner/stronger/kinder than December.
    daily: sit with Joe: 24, weigh/wii: 25/12/36 steps>5592=10293 yay!!! vits=23 log=24 CI<CO=23 CI<250<CO=19 Tumble 5=21 Shadow 5=22 mfp=25 outside=25 up hill=22
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3 =2 rx=3 dance=4 clean 60 mins=6.5 packwalk=2, wt=1/3:144.2, 1/10: 142. 1/17: 142.4 1/24: 140!!!
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=2 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=14 play=20 sew=1 waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    $10,000 in 1 hour in one store. I like Heather's answer, let's treat ourselves! Most of the responses were about our homes. I think that shows what is important to us. I really couldn't think of anywhere I wanted do spend that kind of money.....then I caught sight of my wall.
    4hqtt3u1g4g1.jpg
    xthfoxqefni8.jpg
    I would go to Man Cave Metal in Pigeon Forge! Woman owned business, local artisans, metal signs, jewelry, furniture, wood, metal, unique. I love that store! We visit just about every day when we are on vacation. We probably do spend several thousand there each year over the course of 2 weeks. There is always something new to look at.

I didn't hear my alarm this morning. Oops! Woke up at 7, which just throws my husband off kilter. Oh well, apparently I needed sleep. ;)

Have to go get husband's new ID today. Work. Dinner with friends :) , then Costco for friends :( . I really am not into shopping. What is funny is when I couldn't really afford it, I always wanted to shop. Now, I really have everything I need. Sure I want new carpets, kitchen refresh, and bathroom makeover, but those require shopping and I am just not feeling it. Dinner with friends-that I can enjoy.

Nasty weather everywhere it seems, stay safe in your travels. Icy here this morning.
    Prayers for Allie.

Will try to get steps in today along with water.
    <3
    Kylia in icy Ohio
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Dee: I love the scrapbook page! Thanks for sharing! It's funny (to me) how someone can be talented in other areas, but so NOT talented when it comes to scrapbooking. (I'm talking about myself) :smiley:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    After I took the screenshot of the Primavera store my MFP is being bombarded with ads for their very expensive Alan Caiger Smith pots! ! :p:p I wish! ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

i6aqk9jo2ktv.jpg
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @auntiebk Barbara, the semester is from 10 weeks to 14 weeks all in all, depending on the school. Yay for booking your shot!

@LisaInAR thanks for the stats on walking. it's my favourite exercise. I don't have a step counter, but I can up it as is manageable, time and energy-wise, and bone/cartilage/tendon-wise.

@barbiecat 15000 average steps is very impressive in my book.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Bananas: I'd be interested in your GF carrot cake recipe as well! Could you share? Or tell me where to find it online?

My DH is sitting here reading an article to me about how Ohio is "dead last" of all the 50 states in giving out the vaccine. DH was a pharmacist for 40 years until he retired in 2020. He is certainly riled up and ranting about these numbers.

I'm sorry to say I bought it in a local bakery!
    We are way behind your Ohio dead last here in France!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    10,000 dollars one hour

I'm thinking vehicle.
    Electric non-polluting scooter, top level for small horsepower (to they still say horse power?)
    easiest sort of vehicle for my traffi- laden, and parking-complex city
    plus electric bike if possible in same shop.
    OR
    Small compact car: Many teacher type people who need new cars are getting Dacia here, not expensive an apparently solid. I don't need a car but for getting out of down if I have to spend 10,000 it's an option/

OR furniture
    in an upscale place, where it costs like 4000 per sofa, and find some other bits and bobs to go with it, end table, shelves, chairs: a whole living room decor, (an maybe other rooms too, )upscale. (decor, lighting etc)

OR if I needed nothing

(something I never buy:)
    A tiny drawing or some prints by a well-known contemporary artist who's work I truly like. I just saw one can buy a Miro lithography , for example, (in a 5000 print edition) at 350 $. He had many many prints. I may never but that is actually within reach. That sounds not expensive, but I recall that about 30 years ago I got the certain info of some of his prints selling for about 150 $ (actually about 1000 francs!) or so.

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    I had high energy yesterday, relatively speaking, pretty much morning to evening, walked and recumbent in morning can be responsable.

BUT in evening, I was not tired at all. Fell a sleep late, and then woke early. Morning was fine. Last classes. Went very well for the most part.

Now I'm exhausted.

I had to send many important mails today. I'm apprehensive about checking my mail to see repsonses which will likely cause stress and require much time, stress and energy to deal with them.

I wonder if I can put them off till tomorrow. (it's 3:15 now). Too convoluted a story to tell. About work stuff.

After classes, went for a good 40 min or so walk. Then lunch.

Weight seems to be going in right direction at present.
    After a good month or so of tracking quite a lot, I've been very on and off on tracking but sticking to the lighter more balanced eating (+ some walking and some recumbent).

I'm thinking if a weigh more or less daily and weight is going in right direction, and I'm eating pretty light and balanced, if I don't track it's not such a big deal. the scale will tell me if I go off.
    what do you think?

granted weight gain takes a few more days or a week or so to show up relative to tracking.

I know some of you track all and others are more easy-going about tracking.

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    Good things today
    1. led good classes (it seems)
    2. went for walk
    3. sent some work emails

Grateful
    4. many of my students
    5. possibility to rest this afternoon
    6. quiet home
    7. bathtub and shower
    8. frozen peas
    9. maple-sweetened bean brownies
    10. recumbent bike
    11. house plants
    12. spacious view from window (nothing very pecial, but some sky and space)
    13. I have a sofa bed
    14. rounds table
    15. home more tidy
    16. storage for all
    17. green tea
    18. cast iron teapot
    19. divider behind me, when online
    20. carrot juice and komucha mix
    21. the nap I am very likely to take just now;
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    since we can't go out from 6pm (around sunset) to 6am (long before sunset) just now, I really avoid napping. the times we can go out, and daylight is so short.
    but today will be an exception.

I had some high-pressure stuff to deal with yesterday. I still have to deal with but I'm on break today for a few hours at least.

I sometimes play online spades to fall asleep or watch "hugodécrypte" news series..

zzzzzz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I might choose to spend my money at the dentist. Not fun, but it would sure help the budget. That or an art gallery. The opposite of utilitarian. I never feel right spending money on art so I still have posters.
    (((Allie))) hope the surgery went well!

Annie in Delaware
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    After I took the screenshot of the Primavera store my MFP is being bombarded with ads for their very expensive Alan Caiger Smith pots! ! :p:p I wish! ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

i6aqk9jo2ktv.jpg

You can thank my husband and the Silicon Valley IT company he works for! :lol:

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🖤🤎💚💛❤️🧡💜