NO LATE NIGHT SNACKING CHALLENGE-- FEB 2021

Replies

• 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,108 Member
    Me15
    Lns2
  • feliciaboots
    feliciaboots Posts: 440 Member
    My February LNS rule - No consuming of calories between 8 PM & 6 AM. January: 75%, Best: 81%

Me: 17*
    LNS: 1
    Streak: 4

I really didn't feel like eating after dinner last night. I had a larger fast food meal and it's still bothering me! *le sigh*
  • feliciaboots
    @feliciaboots Thank you! This challenge has really helped me. Late night snacking is no longer a habit. I still give in about once a month though when there’s something worth breaking the streak over.
    This challenge has helped me say, “ No thank you!”whenever my husband starts snacking on the nuts after dinner.

That said, I probably just jinxed myself and will fall off the wagon TOMORROW! And I wonder if I should start an “only 1 snack between lunch and dinner challenge” for myself!
    Me:17
    LNS:0
    Streak:17

The challenge has totally helped me although it isn't really showing on the scale - I need to change up the food again I think. I suspect I'm missing something somewhere!
  • Mewlingstork
    Mewlingstork Posts: 266 Member
    Me: 11
    LNS: 5

Streak: 0*

Late night hockey strikes me down again with the cravings after.

I would ask if you should modify you LNS rule to allow for late night hockey - if your caloric intake isn't enough to account for hockey, then it won't really work.

I appreciate that!! I ate plenty of calories before hockey, the ice cream after wasn't ideal however. :D Hockey didn't even start until *after* the time I usually cut off eating each evening so this was definitely a snack!
  • Mewlingstork
    Me: 12

Streak: 1
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Me:18
    Streak:18
  • quarterhorses
    quarterhorses Posts: 240 Member
    Me 13 LNS 5
    Streak 3
  • 2furryfriendz
    2furryfriendz Posts: 283 Member
    ME: 18
    LNS: 0

Streak :18

Weekend is coming up.. I'm going to do my best to not start snacking again after supper. But when you watch a movie.. you gotta have popcorn. Right? Maybe I will watch the movie early and just go to bed at my regular time. Something to think about.
  • clutterqueen
    @2furryfrienz

You may want to consider having a different cut off time on Friday and Saturday for that very purpose. I do. I don’t always take advantage but when hubby wants to have popcorn with a movie, I don’t have to sulk( as long as it’s by 8:30 for me).
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,927 Member
    Me: 13

Streak 0
  • Mewlingstork
    Me: 13

Streak: 2
  • feliciaboots
    My February LNS rule - No consuming of calories between 8 PM & 6 AM. January: 75%, Best: 81%

Me: 18*
    LNS: 1
    Streak: 5

Yay Friday!!!

• feliciaboots
    I appreciate that!! I ate plenty of calories before hockey, the ice cream after wasn't ideal however. :D Hockey didn't even start until *after* the time I usually cut off eating each evening so this was definitely a snack!

So maybe cut down beforehand so you have the room after? Obviously you will need to modify your LNS rule but I have found I perform better if I exercise on an empty stomach or with something very light (like a yogurt cup) beforehand.
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,108 Member
    Me15
    Lns3
  • clutterqueen
    Me:19
    Streak:19
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Feb 19

Me: 19*

Streak: 20
  • quarterhorses
    quarterhorses Posts: 240 Member
    Me 14 LNS 5
    Streak 4
  • 2furryfriendz
    @clutterqueen
    @2furryfrienz

You may want to consider having a different cut off time on Friday and Saturday for that very purpose. I do. I don’t always take advantage but when hubby wants to have popcorn with a movie, I don’t have to sulk( as long as it’s by 8:30 for me).

It’s a great idea but I can barely stay awake past 8:30pm as I am a really early riser during the week and this spills into the weekends.

Mindless eating past 7pm is a habit that I have been avoiding. My last 10 lbs that I gained was mindless eating literally 15 minutes before going to sleep and that was chips, candy and chocolates.
    As my husband and I are roughly on the same time schedule, he’s good about watching a movie early.. like 6pm so if I wanted to have popcorn or snacks, it would before 7pm so I at least have an hour or more to digest the food before going to sleep.

• 2furryfriendz
    ME: 20
    Streak:20

I continue to not snack after eating supper or 7pm whichever comes first. I’m being mindful and this shows with my consistent weight loss.
    10lbs of LNS got me here so I’m not giving in. LNS can kiss my *kitten*. 😂
  • Mewlingstork

So maybe cut down beforehand so you have the room after? Obviously you will need to modify your LNS rule but I have found I perform better if I exercise on an empty stomach or with something very light (like a yogurt cup) beforehand.

I generally try to stop eating about 2 hours before a game since I think I perform better on an empty stomach too. It's so funny how about half of the time, I'm not hungry after hockey and then the other half I feel soooo hungry. I can't think of why that would be since I do generally tend towards eating too much overall than too little...