WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2021

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »
    I forgot to mention that my favourite sitcom is Young Sheldon. I have a lot of episodes to watch though as I watch this with my Grandson and he hasn’t been here.

Tracey

:) Young Sheldon is the only sitcom I watch. What a great show.

Really?

It came on here some time ago. They played about half a dozen episodes which were just OK then they took it off the air for a while. When they brought it back they played the same half a dozen episodes and took it off the air again. I haven't seen it since. I figured it was a flop and the producers stopped making it.

I think it's quite popular here. My husband watches it, and I've watched a few episodes and enjoyed it.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    DONE! Now we r broke

Congratulations!!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,049 Member
    Stats for the day-

Zwift bike trainer- 27.54min, 22.3amph, 10.36mi= 288c
    Strava app = 259c
    Walk w/family, to Lowe’s, bank n home- 1hr 46min 48sec, 6.84mi= 586c
    Strava app = 707c

Total cal 874
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,128 Member
    :) We got our first Covid shot at our doctor's appointment today. The second shot is scheduled for March 5.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Meg: It is always nice to see you post. :flowerforyou:

Penny: :bigsmile:

Flea: Thanks for the warning about Moderna. :star:

I am having a quiet day and a bit of a headache. I’ve taken Tylenol and hope it eases the situation. I am also having a bit of vaccination envy. So far, none is available to DH or me.

Katla
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    edited February 2021
    Pip: Congratulations on your new home! I hope you make many wonderful memories there. AND still an inspiration in the daily exercise stats.

Flea: It does seem that second shot is a butt kicker! Everyone needs to be aware that even if they don't react much to the first one, the second one seems to get a lot more of a reaction.

Rebecca: Love the "new" you! Great new photo!

So for D: today I did some Disney Dance Videos. I am a huge Disney fan and love the music from the movies. Here is a link to one of the videos. I can't do the jumping so I just march in place when things get to complicated or jarring for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BvagMy85bI. In addition, Bumble and I went dashing through the snow and he ran while I walked at the dog park.f6pumv0v42qo.jpg
    nu0bc5stjbr2.jpg
    It was really cold and the trail was covered in ice so I doubt we try that again until we get out of the deep freeze. According to the evening news, we will still be getting snow and below zero wind chills off and on through Valentine's Day. Winter is definitely here. My pacer app gave me credit for 90 minutes of active time. 4 miles of movement (9882 steps) and 361 calories.
    Enjoy your weekend everyone.
    dee

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,472 Member
    Did a spinning download today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Quick Start DVD. This is one of the new ones and I have no idea how it is. So as a backup I have 10 Minute Daily Yoga Fix DVD

Tracey – I have a recipe for KFC’s Makeover mac and cheese. I like it, but it seems that others only want the stuff in a box (like Jess and Lynette). BRRR your temps, stay warm

M – being able to (even if you don’t) leave the island is wonderful! Just knowing that you can if you want to/need to is fantastic

Kate – lovely puzzle! How long does it typically take you to do a puzzle?

Pip – Wishing you and Kirby only the best

Penny – what time zone are you in?

Vince said that he would eat sourdough waffles, so I’m making them. Personally, I have a feeling that he isn’t going to like them. But I could be wrong. I guess we shall see Update: they were very light, didn't really taste "sourdoughey".

Debbie – I’ve heard that the Johnson and Johnson vaccine is only 65% effective. I do hope you can get the Pfizer or Moderma (or however it’s spelled)

Rebecca – you have most definitely changed for the better!

Barbie – that’s wonderful that you got your shot! We get our second in 4 days. Can hardly wait. Hoping we don’t have a reaction, but we shall see

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,688 Member
    thanks Dee! I don't think I will ever grow my hair long again. #1 its just too much to organize it, and B, it pull my face downward. I like my neck bare!
    Loved the snowy photos! I am such a weakling when it comes cold weather. I have been spoiled by living in Northern California and living like a lizard. As a child growing up in OR, I skied at night, or on Saturday's, enduring my eye lashes freezing and my feet being so cold. But hey, when you're young you don't notice it. When I became an adult, I found the joy of putting peppermint schnapps in hot chocolate and sipped on that in a bota bag when sitting on the chairlift! Too much fun.
    Your exercise is commendable!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,439 Member
    edited February 2021
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: Good news that you will be vaccinated by the October dates. That will give you a lovely spring and summer to enjoy life. Will it give you more freedom to travel? :huh:

Katla in cloudy NW Oregon

The vaccine will make absolutely no difference to our lives. Everything will continue on as it has. I'll get the vaccine, but I'm not at all fussed about getting it sooner or later because nothing will change.

We're having a lovely spring and summer to enjoy life now! :)

And no, it won't give us more freedom to travel outside Tasmania.
    exermom wrote: »
    M – being able to (even if you don’t) leave the island is wonderful! Just knowing that you can if you want to/need to is fantastic

Michele NC

I'm sure it will be ... if it ever happens that we can leave the island .
    So far, there's no indication that we will be able to, so here we stay.

I keep thinking ... thank goodness Tasmania is pretty.

M in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,912 Member
    Machka - I enjoyed Lego Masters too. I think we are waiting for Season 4 here of Young Sheldon.

Debbie - hubby and I have shows that we do not agree on ever and those we watch separately, but there are a few shows we watch together. We split up who goes where depending on our mood at the time. I really want to get a sitting room together but fear we would never watch tv together again so it’s been a do I or don’t I dilemma.

Barbara - I agree about the home shows. I get discontented with our place too and lack of funds. I watch Mom too.
    I like some dramas, This is Us, A Million Little Things. I watched the first season of Filthy Rich and Why Women Kill. They both reminded me of more of a farce of old 80’s soaps.

Kate - pretty puzzle. I’m like you, I don’t frame them, I just do them then tear them apart. I did buy one that I may hang in my bathroom which has our laundry in it. It’s is clothes drying on a line. I think it will go with my antique feel.

Allie - I’m glad your brother is helping you out. My eldest daughter turned 32 on Wednesday our youngest turns 30 today.

Dee - I agree on the Hallmark movies, I remember when they were some very nice holiday movies though. No romance, just nice movies. My favourite was Santa and Pete.

Pip - Congratulations to you and Kirby, I can’t wait to see the pictures of how you decorate it.

Kelly - one of my favourite memories is snow ice cream. My Dad and Grandmother made it each year.

Flea - some of our staff have had reactions to the Pfizer second dose too. Just felt miserable for a couple days not major. Our residents get their second dose of Moderna on Tuesday. 😳
    Some movies I watch every single time I see them are: Blindside, Stepmom and Mamma Mia (1 not 2).

I’m off to go layer up and then leave for our daughters outdoor party. I am concerned about the cold, but we will see how it goes.

Tracey in Edmonton
    It is currently -21 with a Feels Like of -31
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,688 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a spinning download today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Quick Start DVD. This is one of the new ones and I have no idea how it is. So as a backup I have 10 Minute Daily Yoga Fix DVD

Tracey – I have a recipe for KFC’s Makeover mac and cheese. I like it, but it seems that others only want the stuff in a box (like Jess and Lynette). BRRR your temps, stay warm

Kate – lovely puzzle! How long does it typically take you to do a puzzle?

Pip – Wishing you and Kirby only the best

Penny – what time zone are you in?

Vince said that he would eat sourdough waffles, so I’m making them. Personally, I have a feeling that he isn’t going to like them. But I could be wrong. I guess we shall see Update: they were very light, didn't really taste "sourdoughey".

Debbie – I’ve heard that the Johnson and Johnson vaccine is only 65% effective. I do hope you can get the Pfizer or Moderma (or however it’s spelled)

Rebecca – you have most definitely changed for the better!

Barbie – that’s wonderful that you got your shot! We get our second in 4 days. Can hardly wait. Hoping we don’t have a reaction, but we shall see

Michele NC

Thanks Michele, I feel better, less bloaty these days. I was caring for sick husband at the time, and eating just anything. But I was a driver, so I felt accomplished about that.👍
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,049 Member
    Pppp
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,984 Member
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,128 Member
    vqu8d79ffxzq.png
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Rebecca - that is a bobcat in the picture. We see the coyotes in our backyard on a regular basis and the deer come right up on the patio and look in the Windows but this is the first time we have seen a bobcat.

Allie - glad you are home.

Pip - congrats on the new home.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,439 Member
    F was more challenging than I thought it might be! However I found the a suburb that starts with F and a couple streets within that suburb! And we got between four and five kilometres in while keeping an eye on the sky for the approaching thunderstorm.

pk1urez2k214.png

Machka in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,579 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, input two months of call sheets into NFIRS, 30+ mins vacuuming, emailed textbook publisher and filled out survey disgruntedly.
    Bonus: beach brisk walk with C, T & D.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, fire district: call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, research effective conflict resolution, index mutual aid files; call S, call C, call R, FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, Sleeping with the Devil, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Friendly February:
    5: Show an active interest by asking questions when talking to others: T and D

Kate I’ve gone back to West Wing too. Nothing today matches it.
    Allie sleep, the best medicine!
    Margaret brr. Drew is so lucky you took her in.
    Pip ConGrats on the condo and the trailer! Broke but set! ;)
    Rebecca Better? Heck yeah!
    Barbie con grats on round 1!
    Dee :love: how Bumble takes his ball on your walks.
    Welcome @LoriAnne0621 !

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: leaner/stronger/kinder than January.
    daily: sit with Joe: 4, weigh/wii: 5/14/49, steps>5627=8478 now that’s more like it!, vits=5, log=5 CI<CO=5, CI<250<CO=5, Tumble=2 Shadow=3 mfp=5 outside=3 up hill=3
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx= dance= clean 60 mins= packwalk=1, wt=1/31:141.3 2/7: 2/14: 2/21: 2/28
    mnthly: board mtg= , grant= , 21 plan= bonus: AF=3 play=4 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW