LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,413 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Comments on a couple more of the discussion items,
    Glasses – I have worn glasses since about 13 years old, a 18month break when I wore contacts, I was in my early 20’s and dating a guy who told me I would be cuter and he would like me better with contacts – I hated them, and after 18 months the contacts and the boy were gone. I tried progressives for a week or so, I have not great depth perception and the progressives made it worse, I managed to bang into my desk at work with my temple and knocked myself out. Those glasses went back and I wear bifocals and am very happy with them.
    Sewing – I look back now on all the clothes my mom made and all the love that went into them and appreciate it so much more than I did as a kid. Part of the lack of appreciation at the time was that I never got to pick a pattern or the fabric, I just got what was made for me. Mom and I have quite different taste. And very different builds so what flatters her is not flattering on me. She is a huge lover of suits/blazers and tailored things, while I am not a ruffly lacy girl, I do like flow, so a swing jacket instead of a blazer, a fuller skirt instead of a pencil skirt….. she loves dark blue and checks - I love jewel tones and either solids or swirls or a true plaid.
    But all that said, I do love to sew and do it when I have time, I worked for a company that had formal Christmas parties each year and I would always make my dresses, the last one I did has a beaded jacket. I have made my drapes, valences, pillows, bedspreads/quilts, I live in jeans and flannel in the winter and shorts and tee shirts in the summer now so sewing for myself is not as fun. Every so often I will get a box in the mail from one of the god-kids or my nephew with all their mending and pants that need to be hemmed…. They have learned that everything in the box better be clean before mailing it to me -LOL

Smiles Kim, in Northern California
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Howdy ladies! What's this about everyone organizing stuff!!??😋💖
    When I start, the whole house gets disorganized for a spell, then I look and see what I have done, and try to right it!

Hugs!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

It is always messier before it gets better.

However, I am trying to do it in sections. I feel like I'm working with one of those sliding puzzles. The blanket box in the middle of the dressing room is my "free space". I empty a drawer, put the contents of a shelf into that drawer, put the contents of the drawer onto the shelf and so on.

Plus I've got a bag for items I will donate and a bin for items that will move downstairs.

zjkynqem1rtd.png

Tonight will not be an organising the dressing room night ... too busy with other stuff but I hope to be back at it tomorrow with dresses, skirts and button-up shirts.

M in Oz

As a child I remember playing with those! But I used to carefully pop out a tile and solve it, and pop it back in. You can do that with a Rubix Cube too. I also have a memory of popping out the spacers in the places in my mouth where teeth were pulled, and they wanted the teeth to be trained a certain way. I popped out the metal ring things, ate my offending candy, then popped them back in. I was so awful!
    Rebecca
    The child that bucked authority in
    Whidbey
    Washington😁😁
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,929 Member
    Options
    Barbara - Share what your feeling with someone you really trust. This is a hard one. Everyone seems to be going through so much right now. It’s hard to talk to friends.

Tracey in Edmonton

Here's how I feel described in two images ...

widmanov0o2k.png

cxv0728op257.png

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    <3
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    slow start today. appointment outside. sooo cold out, snow. my new "winter" gloves for scooter, bought at speciality place, are not warm enough at all.

feel a bit out of it today. :/
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I had perms in my teens and a couple of times in my early twenties. Then my hair went curly on its own as I aged. I have had two perms since 2018 though and they seemed to help tame the natural curl. They were part of my daughters hairdressing course, I was her model for the perm exams both times she needed it.

Tracey in Edmonton

THIS! Exactly! I had an annual-ish perm for many years starting when I was a college freshman . Somewhere along the way, I got natural curl, but I always felt the perms helped control the frizz. Everyone thinks I was nuts to think that 1) my hair became curly in my 20's and 2) a perm helped control frizz, so thank you for saying that! I feel validated :wink:

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Machka9
    Options
    I had perms in my teens and a couple of times in my early twenties. Then my hair went curly on its own as I aged. I have had two perms since 2018 though and they seemed to help tame the natural curl. They were part of my daughters hairdressing course, I was her model for the perm exams both times she needed it.

Tracey in Edmonton

THIS! Exactly! I had an annual-ish perm for many years starting when I was a college freshman . Somewhere along the way, I got natural curl, but I always felt the perms helped control the frizz. Everyone thinks I was nuts to think that 1) my hair became curly in my 20's and 2) a perm helped control frizz, so thank you for saying that! I feel validated :wink:

Yes, now that the two of you have said it ... I used to have almost straight hair, just a very slight wave. If I wanted it curly, I would have to get up early and crimp and curl it, or braid it in little braids the night before.

But now it's quick and easy to get it looking curly. Spritz it with a water spray bottle, a bit of sea salt spray, and something to hold it (a little mousse or hairspray) ... scrunch ... and voila ...

3oj0jsxs5jdu.png

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Tuesday --

Back to work.

Physio at lunch to check my hip ... there's a problem and I'm being sent to my GP to go the medical route.

Walked to and from physio and to the movie theatre after work.

Husband and I attended the Big Bike Film Night: https://www.bigbikefilmnight.nz/about/

Right toward the end of the movies, I plugged into a zoom meeting - the AGM of Audax Australia, my cycling club. Fortunately I didn't have to say anything.

Walked to catch the bus home at 9 pm. Thankfully still a little bit light out. The walk to the movie theatre and then to the bus was an additional 1.1km.

Finally got home at 10 pm.

I enjoyed the collection of movies put on by the Big Bike Film Night, as usual, but this going out in the evening business always wears me out. Nice to be home. And I'll be going to bed shortly. :)

9aawy45koepi.png

Machka in Oz
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    HOly Shoveling Snow! Twice a day shoveling the past two days! Shoveled again this morning! IF the snow keeps up, I will lose all of the weight that I need to lose! IF only I could have a year of this. No more weight problems!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,940 Member
    Options
    May I join this group I'm 50 years old and need to lose 40lbs.. my name is Holly

:) Welcome. I hope you'll keep coming back. The thread moves fast but if you jump into a topic that interests you, you'll soon feel like you've know us forever. Tell us about yourself. I am way past 50 but have had success at losing weight and keeping it off thanks to the support of encouragement of the women on this thread. I log my food and exercise every day. and keep active by walking my dogs, walking alone, riding my exercise bike while watching TV, and dancing.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,254 Member
    Options
    WELCOME Holly! Nice name. :)

We are very happy today. The bin men didn't come yesterday for the general trash, (snow and ice), so we thought they wouldn't come for the recycling. Then this morning at breakfast we heard a tinkle of glass from up the road. You've never seen DH move so fast to put the recycling out. In his dressing gown and slippers in the below freezing temperatures. Success! Later on we heard the dulcet tones of the regular truck! Double hooray for today! :D
    Of such small joys are our days made. :D

Duck legs tonight with fennel.

Lisa - Don't they grow fast! :'( Bea will be 5 in a month. :o
    Lovely photos. <3

Done my exercises, done my writing, done my German grammar. Watched Call My Agent - 365 calories worth.
    Now a snack and Spiral. My Spanish is getting neglected.

Brighton and Hove covid numbers plunging. Fewer people in ICU. Fewer in hospital.

Tracey - I'm sorry you are feeling a bit low. You have been at the leading edge of this thing. Plus your awful, terrible cold weather. That would surely knock the stuffing out of me. Can you find a friend to chat with? <3

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Tracey: Stay warm and safe!!! :star:

Barbara & Machka: I had one of those awful permanents, too. I looked like Harpo Marx. I never let anyone near me with a permanent box again. :noway:

Tracey: We facetime with our son and DDIL often on Apple phones & computers. Our daughter does not have facetime available. Now we have the opportunity to visit with her visually via Zoom & Duo. :bigsmile: Our whole family was able to watch the Super Bowl together from three different states: Oregon, Virginia and Illinois. It felt like magic! :smiley:

Kim: My mom also made clothes for me when I was a child. Junior High and High School were both fashion competitions & I did what I could to buy “in” clothes. Bottom line—I was never “in.” I was part of a group of nice girls who were also not “in.” It was okay. :star:

Holly: Welcome to a great group. Post often and get to know us. :flowerforyou:

Machka: I hope you’re able to resolve the hip issue. :star:

We are having a foggy morning. I enjoy fog now and then. It makes me feel cozy & warm inside our home.

Katla—feeling cozy in foggy NW Oregon
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ❤️💜🧡🤎🤍💚
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Kelly - Did the medicine cabinet get installed? Are the boys still having to feed themselves?

Inquiring minds want to know :smiley: