WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2021

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Pip--Sure looking nice with the red rock and greenery. Does it have a fire place?
    Rebecca--WOW!
    Cathy--Terrible accident. I saw pictures. Scares me as I have a son and grandson that drive truck.
    DH called the window company and going to wait a week and see what the weather is before they come to put the last 2 windows in. We have only been waiting since last August. Once these are in will have all new windows on the main floor. Next we want to replace the basement windows.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3

Yeah it has one. It’s wood burning the city will give you 3000.00 credit towards the purchase of a conversion to a gas stove, we r going to do that. This one has the gas hooked already up
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,931 Member
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Cathy ~ There was a 12 car pile up on I-75 here yesterday. My son had a difficult time getting home from work. I thought about Michele traveling to Florida on I-75 and hoped it didn't affect her.

PIP
    Looks like y'all are making a lot of progress on your new place. Have fun and enjoy.

Rebecca
    Your son's love for building the leggo structures makes me wonder if he could get into some sort of designing engineering when he retires from the Navy. Very talented.

I let y'all know that I got my second vaccine on Monday and thought I was doing great. By the middle of the day on Tuesday, I was achy all over and felt terrible. I think it has gone away now though.

My son stopped by after work yesterday and noticed that we had a huge pine tree in the back yard that was leaning into a tree at the neighbors next door. Evidently, with all the rain we have had, it is uprooted. Two quotes so far today are for $4000 and $4500. Ugh! :s

Carol in GA

He's great at following directions, whether its a Chinese knock off Lego set, or like this one actual Lego set, or the Navy with following orders.👍 When he was a boy he used to memorize what the underside of his classic model cars looked like, then draw a car leaping something, and he'd draw it. It was fascinating! I think he is more interested in rebuilding small engines and body parts on his scooters though. The Lego building is what he does to relax. I think he gets a sense of pride when he gets a scooter looking and sounding just right, then drives it around and have people compliment him and take pictures. Lego could probably do that as well I suppose. There are SO many Lego enthusiasts out there though.

Last night he tested me on his Lego city. " ok mom start off at the museum (yellow bldg), and try to make a route to the sushi restaurant"! I had to get out a flashlight! He has lights in it, in different spots, but for me to try to navigate I needed my own light. We laughed and we discussed all the options, and I finally made my way. He loves talking about Legos, and sadly Lee tries but he can't get as excited as I do. So I am his go to person, ( I love it actually).
    💖Rebecca

my husband loves to build Lego sets(mostly the Chinese knock offs because of the price). Gets his mind off other stuff.

Debbie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    edited February 2021
    Did HIIT today. Not sure what the plan is for tomorrow since not sure when we’ll be leaving for the race at Daytona

Cathy – welcome! Where in the foothills of NC are you? I am at the foothills, too. Which large cities are you near? I’m so sorry about your husband. Which protein drinks are you using? I’ve found that the ones with artificial sweeteners have a nasty aftertaste

Happy for everyone who is/is going to get the vaccination.

Lisa – stop tell me to meditate, children allergic, eating toast,

Pip – is that mold on the wall. If it is, Lowe’s Hardware has this stuff that you spray on the surface and then rinse it off. It takes the mold off. Afterwards, what I would do, is put “Wet and Forget” on the wall. It isn’t cheap, I can only get it thru Amazon. But it does work fantastic. I think someone on here recommended it. You put it on and it works with the rain to keep the mold away. I was skeptical at first, too. But it does work. Amazing that you didn’t get stuck biking.

Cathy TX – I had more of a reaction to the first shot, too. I couldn’t get my hair up in a ponytail, my arm was sore for quite a few days. It was only sore for about 2 days with the second and I could get my hair in a ponytail (need to raise your arm)

Katla – Asheville, NC has the distinction of being where old hippies go to retire. It IS funny

Drove down here yesterday. Stopped at Publix (one reason is that I had to go to the bathroom) to get milk. Even tho the refrig isn’t REAL cold, we do have it plugged in so it’ll get cooler quickly. Then stopped at the Workout place there. I am a bit disappointed in some things. They really don’t have a room where I can exercise by myself. All their classes are out in the open . Also, there isn’t any social distancing. Fortunately, when I went there this a.m. there were very few people there. From what I understand, FL doesn’t have a mask mandate, but I’ve seen almost everyone in the stores wearing a mask. While I'm here I think I'll check out the other workout place and see what they have in case this happens again. Who knows what FL will do? In some ways it's a weird state.

They do have this hydromassage chair so I decided to give it a try. Felt pretty good. I think I get 2 uses/day. They have this body composition thing that I'm going to find out more about. One bad thing is that there wasn't a clock with a second hand so I just had to use my watch.

Went to Aldi. Got some frozen foods so decided to come straight home and go to WM later.

Now have a chicken in the oven roasting. I’m surprised how long it’s taking to cook. It has one of those “pop-up” things and that isn’t up. I’ve also cut into the thigh and it’s still pink

Glad to be here. They are calling for rain for Daytona this weekend, but we’ll probably go anyway. Will let you know how it goes

Michele now in FL—yeaaaaa!!!!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    Debbie so sorry!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Debbie - so very sorry!!

Okie in the (frozen) TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    Exermom no that want mold on the wall.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,027 Member
    (((Debbie ))) so sorry about your loss.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,798 Member
    Weather here went from 80 last weekend to a high of 28 today and a high of 18 with snow on Sunday!!

DH and I are set for our Covid stick Saturday at 10:30 am.

I go to gastroenterologist on the 24th so hope for more info about my condition.

RvRita
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Debbie - Sorry about your furbaby. So hard when we lose them.

Cold here but no snow so far. I went to get groceries and gas early just in case. Saw cars in the parking lot with some snow on them, also cars coming from the east on the highway had some snow. I think it will be a weekend for staying in. DD is leaving work early.

Katla - Glad you are enjoying your snow.

Lisa - eating the toast for the butter

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Debbie - I am so very sorry.

Michele ex-NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    So sorry for your loss. Dogs are loving and loved. They bring us companionship and enrich our lives. :
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,435 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Cathy ~ There was a 12 car pile up on I-75 here yesterday. My son had a difficult time getting home from work. I thought about Michele traveling to Florida on I-75 and hoped it didn't affect her.

PIP
    Looks like y'all are making a lot of progress on your new place. Have fun and enjoy.

Rebecca
    Your son's love for building the leggo structures makes me wonder if he could get into some sort of designing engineering when he retires from the Navy. Very talented.

I let y'all know that I got my second vaccine on Monday and thought I was doing great. By the middle of the day on Tuesday, I was achy all over and felt terrible. I think it has gone away now though.

My son stopped by after work yesterday and noticed that we had a huge pine tree in the back yard that was leaning into a tree at the neighbors next door. Evidently, with all the rain we have had, it is uprooted. Two quotes so far today are for $4000 and $4500. Ugh! :s

Carol in GA

He's great at following directions, whether its a Chinese knock off Lego set, or like this one actual Lego set, or the Navy with following orders.👍 When he was a boy he used to memorize what the underside of his classic model cars looked like, then draw a car leaping something, and he'd draw it. It was fascinating! I think he is more interested in rebuilding small engines and body parts on his scooters though. The Lego building is what he does to relax. I think he gets a sense of pride when he gets a scooter looking and sounding just right, then drives it around and have people compliment him and take pictures. Lego could probably do that as well I suppose. There are SO many Lego enthusiasts out there though.

Last night he tested me on his Lego city. " ok mom start off at the museum (yellow bldg), and try to make a route to the sushi restaurant"! I had to get out a flashlight! He has lights in it, in different spots, but for me to try to navigate I needed my own light. We laughed and we discussed all the options, and I finally made my way. He loves talking about Legos, and sadly Lee tries but he can't get as excited as I do. So I am his go to person, ( I love it actually).
    💖Rebecca

my husband loves to build Lego sets(mostly the Chinese knock offs because of the price). Gets his mind off other stuff.

Debbie

Yep! My son works on the helicopters during the day, then Legos during the night! I personally think he should go to bed earlier than midnight, being that he gets up at 6am. But what do I know, I am only his roommate!🙃😁😂 Unfortunately you can't post pics of the Chinese knockoffs on any general Lego site, because of the Lego "purists" having a fit. Does your husband have a designated Lego area, or a unique storage for specific pieces?
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,435 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Pip--Sure looking nice with the red rock and greenery. Does it have a fire place?
    Rebecca--WOW!
    Cathy--Terrible accident. I saw pictures. Scares me as I have a son and grandson that drive truck.
    DH called the window company and going to wait a week and see what the weather is before they come to put the last 2 windows in. We have only been waiting since last August. Once these are in will have all new windows on the main floor. Next we want to replace the basement windows.

Yeah it has one. It’s wood burning the city will give you 3000.00 credit towards the purchase of a conversion to a gas stove, we r going to do that. This one has the gas hooked already up

I love our gas fireplace on sons side of the house. Sometimes I come down in the morning, and its lit for me. I think, "thank you house, for making a pretty fire just for me". Or we come back from someplace and the fire is lit, its just very welcoming. Here the electric heat and the propane fireplace work in tandem to keep the house at 64'.

joeiwqf69re7.jpg
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Rebecca--WOW!

I love our gas fireplace on sons side of the house. Sometimes I come down in the morning, and its lit for me. I think, "thank you house, for making a pretty fire just for me". Or we come back from someplace and the fire is lit, its just very welcoming. Here the electric heat and the propane fireplace work in tandem to keep the house at 64'.

joeiwqf69re7.jpg
    Rebecca

The fireplace we had in our home in Tacoma had a gas fireplace with a remote control, that was cool
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Michelle: I didn’t know about Ashville NC and its retired hippies. You put a smile on my face. Thanks! :bigsmile:

RV Rita: I am amazed at the extreme weather change you’ve had. I hope you’re able to stay warm and cozy. Keeping my fingers crossed that your appointment with the gastroenterologist goes well and you are able to feel better. :star:

We have a natural gas fireplace in our living room. It lifts our moods and helps us feel cozy inside. :star: We also have a fake “woodstove” in our sitting room upstairs. It is electric and has a fake fire. I like it, too, for warmth and a sense of being cozy.

This is a snow day for us. We’re enjoying looking out at the snow. It has been quite a while since we had snow on the ground.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    I'm so sorry for your loss, Debbie.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    Stats for the day-

Work on house, taking, pressure washing, etc...
    Other- 3hrs 53min 42sec, 75ahr, 95mhr, = 1069c
    Other- 44.27min= 211

Total cal 1280
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    B)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    Debbie: . So sorry about your girlie. Our fur babies are precious gifts, but with us for all too short a time.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    So sorry Debbie. <3