kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    I
    Thank you ladies for all continuing to be here!
    Healing thoughts for those healing!
    HUGS for all!
    THANKFUL for ALL of you! You help me realize that I am not alone in the challenges of this thing called life.
    Spring cleaning and organizing at work. Speaking of which, I should get ready. Oh, I was so cold last night! Husband brought me another blanket and put it on me. I slept like a baby. Sheet, comforter, weighted blanket, and fuzzy blanket! Love that he did that! We do sleep together, but since he wears a CPAP machine we rarely cuddle. I do miss that warmth, but live that he and I sleep better because of the machine.

Gotta go!
    ❤❤❤🤗🤗🤗🤗🦋🦋🦋
    Kylia in Ohio where spring is trying to come early!

I SOOOO agree with your last sentence- we both sleep so much better now that my husband uses his CPAP. No more trying to sleep with the terrible snoring.
    No snuggling here either- if I am already in bed, he goes into the bathroom, gets his mouth guard, gets into bed, puts his cpap on and rolls over and goes to sleep. Once in a while he will give me a quick kiss but not often(and with the mouth guard in). With his work schedule right now, many times he is in bed before me, especially the nights he has to be up at 11PM or 12midnight to go into work.

Debbie
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: chiropractor, library, BiMart, Grocery Outlet, FILLED envelope to C, goodies to T,
    Bonus: veg prep
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call S, call C, call R, start taxes, fire district:, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Friendly February:
    24: Tell a loved one about their strengths that you value most: need to do
    25: Thank three people you feel grateful to and why: hmm don’t feel like talking to 3 people today :{
    26: Give positive comments to as many people as possible today: get on the phone!

Good misty, moisty morning to you all!

Catching up before choosing what I get to do today. No appointments, no “have to be there/then”s, luxuriating in the freedom!

Allie after what you’ve been through it’s no wonder you’re having trouble sleeping. Hope the body pillow helps.
    Pip :love: the pic of you running ?along the levee? With the snowy ?Sierras? in the background. Loved spending New Years in Yosemite, back in the day.
    Rita sounds like you’re going to be very busy!
    Debbie thanks for relieving my fears for your mother.
    Barbie :love: your take on the seasons and admire your gift for enjoying where and when you are in the moment.
    Kim ((hugs))
    Michele would you remind me who Steve is?
    Tracey :love: your mom’s sweet smile.
    Machka had to google “spat the dummy” :laugh:
    Ginny holding good thoughts for test results.
    Julie good for you for cutting the red flag dentist off. Asking you to pick the bill up in person makes absolutely no sense. Hope you feel better, and can get in to see the new dentist soon.
    Kylia imho, with all you do, that Sunday wasn’t lazy, it was self care.
    Lisa “being a good person honestly takes much less energy” Amen sister. What do the scam artists risk with their effort? Has anyone heard of FB or Internet scam artists getting punished for their crimes? Do we need an SEC for internet scammers?
    Dee :cry:
    Margaret :love: the pink cosmos, my favorite blend!

Like Lisa and Heather, commnication mode depends on the person.
    Touch is my preferred with Joe, hugs with friends, so like Heather, missing these is like a physical pain.
    Face to face for group situations like church, dancing, T’ai Chi etc.
    Face to face girl chats over meals, beverages with gal friends.
    Remember these? Has it been only a year??? Seems like forever.

Now for group Zoom is it. FB Messenger or FaceTime for one-on-one. Strolling chats with gal friends.
    Thankful for this thread and you all, for providing the people connection I need.
    For information transmission I prefer email. Gives me a chance to organize my thoughts. Likewise when I receive information I can slow down to try to catch nuance, refer back to it for detail, etc.
    For quick status updates text is fine (where do you want to meet? Are we dancing?)
    Occasionally I’ll send a quick birthday/encouragement/sympathy/thank you card.
    Phone is least favorite, heart always jumps when it rings, but it’s really best for listening and there are several on my “to call” list who need listening to.

NOW, Barbara, do it NOW!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: leaner/stronger/kinder than January.
    daily: sit with Joe: 24, weigh/wii: 24/17/45; steps>5627=28443 vits=24, log=25, CI<CO=20, CI<250<CO=15, Tumble=15 Shadow=15 mfp=24 outside=13 up hill=12
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=3 dance=1 clean 60 mins=1.75 packwalk=3, wt=1/31:141.3 2/7:142  2/14: 141.5 2/21: 143:3 :cry: 2/28
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=5 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=12 play=20 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    I was reading an article about Keto and came across this. I thought it was very true:
    “The lifelong struggle is what helps me to understand that there is not a short-term fix to this long-term problem. If I don’t eat keto, I will be obese again. When I started, I, too, wanted to “arrive” faster at my goal weight. Eventually I realized that we never really arrive. We simply stay on the journey.

So, how long did it really take? My entire life.”

A diet isn’t a short term thing. For it to really work it needs to become a way of eating (way of life)

RvRita
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have the “thinking circle” continuously when in the community posts? I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it didn’t fix it.
    fafr9s6utbha.png

I have this problem on my phone.

Tina
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Pictures from viewing an ice work of art called inspiring joy. It was a gift to community from the artist. Went for a nice walk along Summit Ave after visiting. for those who have lived in St. Paul you will recognize that name. That is where this was placed. People are getting creative to help us through this time.
    ezzfs57v88y2.jpg
    jff1ajtbql18.jpg
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    Enjoying reading skimming reading skimming in bits.

Thanks for all of you who weighed in on dentist. I canceled and asked him to send me the bill for work done. I wonder how he's going to bill the temp crown that isn't one. The person on the phone said, "he'll contact you to let you know if you have to come by to get the bill or if he can send it." he's nearly an hour away and didn't want to give it to me last time. I'm not spending 2 hours to pick up a bill.weird!I hope he doesn't give me grief. I still need to find a replacement person.

I would say that if he wants his money, he should send it to you.

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Lisa “being a good person honestly takes much less energy” Amen sister. What do the scam artists risk with their effort? Has anyone heard of FB or Internet scam artists getting punished for their crimes? Do we need an SEC for internet scammers?

Rarely are they found. It's harder because many of the scammers are out of the country, so it's very hard to prosecute even if they are caught. A few have been. Just this month, charges were filed against individuals in the group that allegedly created the WannaCry ransomware. They caught a guy a few years ago and prosecuted. I can't recall at the moment what malware he was responsible for creating. But he went to jail. Law enforcement will not "bother" with the small scammers. If enough people complain about a scam, some action may be taken, like the website being taken down, but that's about all they can do.

Tina in CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Well I did take a snooze ,but also got my place picked up,got the dead plants outside and watered the ones that are still hanging in. And vacuumed..
    Thats more than I have done in a long while.. already did my walk but will.do my PT and another walk or 2
    I have 2 of my friends coming after they get out of work and bringing dinner.. like I said my appetite isnt what it was which is a good thing..
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    What is the thinking circle? If I have it, I’m unaware.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    The skate was wonderful, but absolutely HUGE, :p I did a great black butter with capers. I blanched and roasted the broccoli, which was delicious. Pistachio oil. I will do that again.

I really enjoyed my seafront walk with DH this afternoon. Not a cloud in the sky. Then I finished off the season of It’s A Sin :'( and watched another episode of Engrenages. DH is also watching E, but is two seasons behind me.
    I preferred to watch It’s A Sin without him, as he wasn't disapproving, but I sensed it wasn't his thing when we watched the first episode. Not so much the gay thing, more the emotional friends thing. ;) I find I do prefer to watch sex on my own. Anyone else like that? Plus deep emotional stuff. I find it embarrassing to watch with other people. I much prefer to watch films like that on my own. In the old days, before streaming, I used to go to the cinema on my own at lunchtime, when there were only a few people in the cinema. Plus I could put my feet up on the seat in front.
    I also enjoyed going on my own for a Curry Laksa, before or after. Not DH'S thing. :o

Cleaner tomorrow, the first time for a month.

We noticed on our walk that all the cars, including ours, are covered in dust! We have been having warm winds from the south. Probably Sahara sand! Definitely need to clean the car.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    Planned for the week, my meals plus adds of items I eat while making my meal. I can't just start eating my main meal after fasting for a bit, I need to snack on something and wake my digestive tract up.🙃😁 My wake up foods are grapefruit, mandarin oranges, various nuts, yogurt, parmesan and cheddar crisps. Meals this week are:
    -turkey,cucumber,spinach, red onion, mayo, pickles, pepper jack cheese and tomato slices on 9 grain Frantz bread.
    -fish fillets cheddar cheese, homemade coleslaw in street taco tortillas (3)
    -various chicken pieces (2 legs, thigh) in teriyaki sauce with small salad
    -large salad with shrimp, hardboiled egg, cucumber, lettuce, black olives, nuts, cheddar cheese, pickled beets, with dressing
    -chicken ramen soup
    -pork fried rice with shredded cabbage
    -kielbasa sausage with baby potatoes, zucchini, and red onion

My treats are breakfast flats blueberry crackers or molasses cookies.

I get in these moods, and get really rigid, so bear with me. I need to because the way I have been going, well I gain weight. So being mindful, and PAYING ATTENTION.
    HUGS!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    I do like how my only processed foods are my fish, cookies, ramen noodles, crisps, and sauces.👍
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Barbara--I wish, but like every other business it's about the bottom line. I have been playing around with the schedule and have come up with a couple ideas that could work better until we get someone hired. We are a 24/7 department, so someone has to be here all the time.

Tracey--Love the picture of your mom when she got her shot. Your payroll systems reminds me of our code and doctor paging system they are changing to. A lot of meetings and then making sure the right information is in the system for our hospital.

Lisa--Glad you found out it was a scam before you sent any money. I agree I do not understand people like that. How do they live with what they are doing? I also wonder how many people are out money because of that scam.

Margaret--I agree the bank should of caught it. But I think since it is done by machine a lot goes though that at one time a person would of questioned.

Have my appointment after work with the chiropractor for traction on my back. It is feeling better and hoping I am about done.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    ogb5uoat2p5p.jpeg
    Spin room is coming along. Yes there is a reason why the bikes are not faced in the opposite direction

5ntzowt342sb.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    2s26h1dofc7i.jpeg
    Had a smart thermostat put in. Another smart idea of mine to cover the unpainted area
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Pip is that a Honeywell? If it is I have the same one..
    Watching the Waltons ,love watching that and Highway to Heaven, only one missing is Touched by an Angel....