WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    The check in question was to pay off my Target Bill. I paid it at the store at customer service. So I believe someone at Target or the bank took the check after it went through. In the future I will pay it on line. I do many of my bill that way but not all. I think that will change. This was a bill I paid two months ago. What they do is hold onto the check and recash it a few month later. I do not who they made the check out to it just said check in the by line. It would not let me see the check. It just said check written in the details. Others checks I am allowed to see it on line. The bank should have caught it since it had been cashed once before.

Last year my husband sent his check in to pay his union dues- they wouldn't accept it because when he reordered new checks, he wrote the wrong number for the checks to start-so, by chance, He ended up writing the union dues check on the same number as he had six months or so before. They caught it and he had to send a new check.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    dandl1986 wrote: »
    well, I really thought we were going to make it through without incident, but sadly dh found out this morning he is positive for covid. He is a coughing mess. I started coughing last night, so I probably have it now as well. We have been very careful, so we think he must have gotten it at the grocery or drug store although we never go unmasked, a lot of others don't wear one here. He has been put on a lot of meds and the dr is sending more, so far he is mostly just coughing and congested not experiencing the body or head aches or fever. I am hoping I am just having sympathy coughing. So, this sucks in general. Although we both have underlying conditions, we just weren't old enough or in the right type of job to get vaccinated.

hope you both get over it quickly with no more symptoms. My parents were also very careful but ended up getting it. They think they got it at Walmart. Mom said dad wasn't great about keeping his mouth covered when talking, and he LOVED to talk to everyone. He didn't think people could hear him with his mask on.

Make sure to really get your rest. That helped the rest of us.
    Debbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Pip is that a Honeywell? If it is I have the same one..
    Watching the Waltons ,love watching that and Highway to Heaven, only one missing is Touched by an Angel....

I wouldn’t have the foggiest idea
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Vicki - Your windows look wonderful! Always nice when something like that is done.

@TheMrsHMorgan welcome! Please come back often, tell us a name you prefer to be called and a vague location. It helps us keep each other straight.
    :smile:

Back on the antibiotics tomorrow... still not right. I always have hope, but it's tiring.

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊🌷
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Sun and clouds today but a nice day. I got groceries done this morning because we thought someone was coming to look at our rental cabin. However have heard nothing. Not sure what is going on but the mom contacted us wanting a place for her 30 yo daughter who apparently is living out of her car. Mom and dad were going to pay the rent. Think there is probably more going on with kid than they are aware. Oh well.

I have one lonely little crocus that has bloomed out by the barn. A few others have come up but no blooms. Such a brave little flower.

Lisa - Good for you sussing out that scam.

Allie - I am with the others, just sleep when you feel like it and read or listen to music when you are awake at night.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Friday evening....this week has been a Spring tease. Sun shining and warm. Today I actually had to put on my coat! The thermometer said it was 44 F but it felt COLD! It was cloudy and damp. The new business system is coming along. I wish my SIL paid more attention to detail, but since she is a 50% person, I guess I will take what I get with a smile and fix issues as I come across them. She had her gall bladder out last Thursday and should still be resting at home, but has been at work in the mornings. She isn't feeling well today-smh. It takes time to heal!
    Why is it so hard to grocery shop for me? I don't even go into the store, I just pick it up curbside. I think I am bored with food. Nothing even sounds good. I did break down this morning and ordered groceries. We were out of breads, milk, veggies, eggs, fruits.....yep, the refrigerator was lonely-lol! We have plenty of meat and beans. Husband happy now that there is food again. He asked what's for dinner? We had chips and cheese. I know, right? Food in house and I make chips. Oh well. I will probably have some cinnamon on an apple in a little while. Laundry is going.
    Thieves really pi$$ me off! If they put that kind of energy into productive things, imagine the changes that would be made in the world. I am thankful you ladies are being careful and watchful.
    Dee-Fluids and rest. Hugs from a distance.
    Pip- It is looking wonderful.
    Machka-your area is beautiful!
    TTYL!

Kylia in Ohio
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    What is the thinking circle? If I have it, I’m unaware.

The “thinking circle” is what I call it, I’m not sure of it’s actual name. I’ve circled it.
    dn17xdssyft2.jpeg
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Heather - that’s exciting that you almost have your memoir finished.

Terri - thanks, it’s on my iPhone too. Must be a glitch.

Lisa - what a terrible thing for those scammers to do. I assume people fall for it though or they wouldn’t continue. There a similar one going around here for a while with rental houses, very good deals, usually the owner was “doing missionary” work so you had to send the deposit via etransfer or whatever and then they would mail the keys. Just pure scum.

Well I’ve read and caught up. I’m thankful it’s Friday. The weeks are going so fast because they are so busy.

Rodger went to replace the sink today and the “new” one is too small for the opening by 1/4 inch. We are going to the Restore tomorrow to hopefully get another one, so we have no kitchen sink right now. We ordered pizza for supper. This doesn’t go with my plan for losing, fortunately I didn’t eat much for lunch. My boss ordered lunch for us, another girl and I ordered Caeser salad and it was awful! The dressing was so spicy we couldn’t eat it.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Snowflake, I had never noticed, so would have said no, but there it is! Right in the middle of my screen on my ipad. Crazy!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :) We had a lot of wind last night and today and lots of outages on the internet so it has been a weird day. I kept getting kicked off my Zoom meeting at noon. Even at 48 F I wore all my winter gear to stay warm when I took my evening walk.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    My son passed away today ... That’s all I can say

Beth

So very very sorry. :(<3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Beth, hugs to you and your family. Such a terrible thing.

My dog is having a weird night. Lots of panting and staring at me and failure to settle down to his usual napping. I feel like he is in pain but the vet isn't open.
    His appetite is fine. He has no problem jumping on the furniture. I guess we'll see what the morning brings.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Other- working on home, 2hrd 21min 44sec= 646c
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did Kathe Friedrich afterburn DVD. I’m toying with the idea of doing a walking DVD tomorrow.

Tracey – now that I’m a grandmother, I realize how it must have really hurt MIL and FIL that they didn’t see the kids much. Now I wish I’d made more of an attempt to have the kids call them (no videochat back then), send some of their “artwork” from school down here, little things like that

Before I left for exercise got a loaf of sourdough bread ready and it was rising. After exercise went to Winn Dixie to get Gatorade which was on a very good sale then came home, did a few little things, then in the pool. I was VERY surprised that there weren’t barely any people in the pool, just two others. It was a beautiful day, in the 80’s, low humidity. Well, I went in. I guess people came around 2. We went to Brevard Charities to make a small donation. Vince ordered a cat tree for the condo

bananas – I don’t see why you would need to go to the dentist for your bill. If he wants his money, he certainly can find a way of getting that bill to you.

Dee – (((BIG HUG)))

Barbra – Steve used to work for Vince as a contractor.

TheMrsH…. - welcome, we are all here for you. Keep coming back for tips all around

Lisa – glad to hear you’re taking care of yourself. Get better fast

Crying for Beth

I took the loaf of sourdough to a lady here who has been a long-time resident. She's real nice. She was telling me that this place used to be called Mallord Place and that the land it's built on used to be under water. She showed me the brochure for this place when it first went from apartments to condos

Michele now in FL
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    My son passed away today ... That’s all I can say

Beth

:'(<3 I am so sorry
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Beth- my deepest condolences xoxo