Iiiii
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ❤️🌹🎈🌷
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    Had a busy day today. Got most of my exercise in early, then had to take DH to collect his car from the garage (exhaust repair) He had his annual MOT late afternoon. Wee had a lovely walk before lunch, then watched TV.

February Alphabet Challenge:

1. A - Aerobic Dance video:
    https://youtu.be/yN3GgCUmmXw

2. B - I had to exercise in my bedroom today as it was bucketing with rain.
    3. C - I did some chair yoga today.
    4. D - Dawdled to our local park.
    5. E - Endurance circuit
    6. F - 2 sets of 10 seconds of forward lunges, front raises, fire hydrant side leg raises, fast feet, and forward bends.
    7. G - Generosity - I was generous to DH today and went out with him for a walk, despite it being bitterly cold.
    di4qfvlweo31.jpg

8 H - Walked to the Hawe Road roundabout and out into the countryside, past a local farm with a pedigree Angus herd .
    9. I - Interval training today.
    10. J - We got our appointments for our vaccine jabs on 10 Feb.
    11. K - Walked past Knightsbridge to Kilmaine and home again.
    12. Free day
    13. L - We went for a walk along the Belfast Lockshore today. Met my daughter walking one of her dogs.
    14. M - I started today with a mindfulness meditation It was very relaxing.
    15. N - I did a selection of stretching exercises for my neck during my yoga practice today.
    16. O - 30 minutes of circuits today targeting my oblique muscles. Let's hope I don't feel the burn after that.
    17. P - after my physio today I did several sets of push-ups and a short Pilates workout.
    18. Q - I did a legs workout targeting my quad muscles
    19. R - I worked on regular progression in strength exercises by increasing the repetitions I perform.
    20. S - This morning I subscribed to a series on YouTube of exercises for seniors. I have already done two of them. https://youtu.be/Hfdajt9lWFo https://youtu.be/up6_0bYtxqA
    21. T - Worked the triceps with an arms circuit workout.
    22. U - Got pumped up,with a dance session to the Ultra Europe 2018 https://youtu.be/BWmJw4zLrXY
    23. V - A good workout for the vertebrae https://youtu.be/EDB58_1K0NQ

24. W - HIIT Walk
    25. Free day
    26. X -
    27. Y -
    28. Z -
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Winco, gas, TJs, dermatologist, Wal~Mart, See’s,
    Bonus: found space for everything!
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, chiropractor, library, BiMart, Grocery Outlet, FILLED envelope to C, goodies to T, call S, call C, call R, start taxes, fire district:, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Friendly February:
    24: Tell a loved one about their strengths that you value most: need to do
    25: Thank three people you feel grateful to and why: hmm don’t feel like talking to 3 people today :{

199 to Grants Pass and back was dry and clear of construction. A little traffic on the trip out, with big rigs, commuters in pickups, etc. Very light on the way home with only 3 big rigs and NO logging trucks. Frost and some fog in the morning, no rain, no snow no ice. YAY! Shopping successful if exhausting. Dermatologist assured me the 3 spots I was worried about were not worrisome… then she took a biopsy of a spot I thought had been there forever. Results next week. If all’s good, won’t go back ‘til September.

Just skimmin’, hope to do better tomorrow.

Rebecca “… left handed…” Oops! :laugh:
    Margaret it make me both sad and angry that on top of everything you’ve been through, the fraudsters are giving you no rest. Good thing you are so vigilant.
    Sue, Machka and Evelyn, Oregon law prohibits holding any electronic device while driving. “ Single swipe to activate device OK. Cell phones with hands-free attachments are allowable only for those over 18 years of age.First offense, $260. Second offense, $435. Third or subsequent conviction, $2,000 plus possible jail time. “
    Machka :love: “I before E” Just had to weigh in ;)
    Julie really hope you can get in again with the very good dentist. New guy’s evasiveness is a huge, flapping, red flag.
    Penny, prayers for your grandson. How do you feel about moving south permanently?
    Oops, I see Beth, and Heather beat me to it.
    Carol that is a LOT for your husband, (and you) to go through. Why is it these challenges come in threes?
    Annie Oww! Hope the ankle feels better soon.
    Pip congrats for Kirby’s first jab and progress on the new place. Yogi’s made himself at home already :love:
    Debbie like Carol I was wondering about the planting. Sounds like a VERY lot of work. Forgive my paranoia but in these days I’d also be unwilling to open up my land to the public as a community garden, especially living alone…
    Vicki it seems like your workplace is chronically shorthanded. Is there no way to persuade management to structure in a little more depth?
    Katla understand your DH is your priority, but Arrow time is not a luxury, it’s self-care. Hope you can get some soon!
    Allie I love hearing that your lawyer is “on” it, and that you felt well enough to walk outside. Also that you got the monitor off ;)
    Lisa “hockey pucks” :laugh: My first, and only, attempt at whole wheat sourdough made a great doorstop.

Only through pg 71 but the princess just announced that it’s Tummy Time.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: leaner/stronger/kinder than January.
    daily: sit with Joe: 24, weigh/wii: 24/1/0; steps>5627=8839 vits=23, log=24, CI<CO=19, CI<250<CO=14, Tumble=15 Shadow=15 mfp=23 outside=13 up hill=12
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=2 dance=1 clean 60 mins=1.75 packwalk=3, wt=1/31:141.3 2/7:142  2/14: 141.5 2/21: 143:3 :cry: 2/28
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=5 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=12 play=19 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Well had hot dog and some beans at Susans
    I didnt nap this afternoon yeahhhhhhh.
    So here is hoping after last night ill stay awake as long as i can and then see if ill sleep better..
    DD had her second IUI and isnt pregnant, this is there second try and dont know how many more times they can afford to do this..
    My DGD will be 13 in a couple weeks and I dont know how it will all go if she does get pregnant..
    Will try the pillow tonight and see if that helps
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,953 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Winco, gas, TJs, dermatologist, Wal~Mart, See’s,
    Bonus: found space for everything!
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, chiropractor, library, BiMart, Grocery Outlet, FILLED envelope to C, goodies to T, call S, call C, call R, start taxes, fire district:, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Friendly February:
    24: Tell a loved one about their strengths that you value most: need to do
    25: Thank three people you feel grateful to and why: hmm don’t feel like talking to 3 people today :{

199 to Grants Pass and back was dry and clear of construction. A little traffic on the trip out, with big rigs, commuters in pickups, etc. Very light on the way home with only 3 big rigs and NO logging trucks. Frost and some fog in the morning, no rain, no snow no ice. YAY! Shopping successful if exhausting. Dermatologist assured me the 3 spots I was worried about were not worrisome… then she took a biopsy of a spot I thought had been there forever. Results next week. If all’s good, won’t go back ‘til September.

Just skimmin’, hope to do better tomorrow.

[
    Debbie like Carol I was wondering about the planting. Sounds like a VERY lot of work. Forgive my paranoia but in these days I’d also be unwilling to open up my land to the public as a community garden, especially living alone…
    [
    Only through pg 71 but the princess just announced that it’s Tummy Time.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: leaner/stronger/kinder than January.
    daily: sit with Joe: 24, weigh/wii: 24/1/0; steps>5627=8839 vits=23, log=24, CI<CO=19, CI<250<CO=14, Tumble=15 Shadow=15 mfp=23 outside=13 up hill=12
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=2 dance=1 clean 60 mins=1.75 packwalk=3, wt=1/31:141.3 2/7:142  2/14: 141.5 2/21: 143:3 :cry: 2/28
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=5 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=12 play=19 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

It is a lot of work and harder as we all get older(and this year, one less person to help). They live way out in the country, 10 miles from a very small town. We moved out there in '74 and mom knows the neighbors pretty well that she has mentioned the idea of a community garden- She won't be letting just strangers come and pick.(and, she is pretty handy with a shot gun if she needs to be). She does have people that come out to buy gourds year round . Some she knows, some she doesn't. Those people don't know she is there by herself and if it happens to be a weekend they come up, my sister has been there and I will be there some weekends too plus she has a friend that comes out Sunday nights to spend the night(she lives far a way and works a late shift on Sunday and early on Monday so just stays with mom). Yes, at times I think she is a bit too trusting but can't tell her too much, but just be there more.

Debbie
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    :) It looks like I'm not the only one who loves all four seasons. Where we live the seasons are distinct and I love the one I'm in. As winter approaches, I love adding extra layers to my walking attire and enjoy the gradual darkening of the morning. There's something about the dark that gives the dogs and me a feeling of privacy in our world. We don't have terribly severe winter weather and I have a great neighborhood for walking so nothing keeps us in the house. Right now as the days are getting longer, I enjoy the gradual return to daylight and the opportunity to put my flashlight away sooner. In the winter I enjoy the luxury of staying indoors and not thinking about working in the yard. Soon as it gets warmer and the days get longer, I'll yearn to start pulling weeds and planting things and I'll delight in the bulbs I've planted. In time, the seeds I've planted will sprout and I'll care for them and go outside and work in the yard every day. Eventually I'll tire of the puttering in the yard and be ready to clean up the foliage of the annuals and the bulbs and want to wear a warmer jacket and enjoy the red leaves on the maples all over my neighborhood. I'll enjoy the gradually cooling weather and shorter days. As December comes, I'll love the darkness and the feeling of privacy that it affords me.

:) I love having the choice of text, email, handwritten letter via the post office, face to face, and phone. Different methods are best for different situations. Technology has been great for my life.

:) However, on the subject of technology, I couldn't get wifi on my computer but it worked on Jake's computer and both phones. I tried using the elderly tablet and it got the internet just fine, but overheated in a few minutes and shut off. I ended up going to my Zoom meeting on my phone. Later, Jake said that the he couldn't get a document to print and it told him that it couldn't connect to the network. So we shut off my computer, shut off the printer, and unplugged the modem and a few minutes later, every thing worked just as it should. Now the high winds are causing momentary power outages.

:)Barbara, I love the drive from Brookings to Grants Pass but have done it only as part of a vacation. I wouldn't want to have to do it routinely for shopping and doctor appointments

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Hmmm - the two-ingredient is the one I totally botched and created hockey pucks. Glad to know it works for someone!

Here is a picture of mine with my breakfast. ks3mq2o4j81h.jpeg

I used 3 5.3 oz cartons of Trader Joe’s plain Greek Yogurt and 2 cups of White Lily Self Rising Flour, egg wash, and Everything Bagel seasoning. 8 bagels. I put most in the freezer.

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Vicki- Yes, I am masked anytime I am in the house with the kids. I am not required to wear one when we are outdoors.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Other- 15.12min, loading up car= 68c
    Walk w/family- 1hr 8min 26sec, 3.19mi= 358c
    Strava app = 449c
    Other- 53.38min, working on home, unloading car= 248c

Total cal 674
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Did a Jari Love DVD. The probable plan for tomorrow is to do an extreme cardio DVD

M – thanks for the links. Unfortunately, updating the condo is probably years away unless something happens. But I can dream until then, huh?

After exercise went to Walmart (I’m trying to buy only things as we need them rather than everything that we may use all in one trip and then we don’t use it. I did buy a box of spaghetti but that we can take home, it doesn’t take up too much room.) Since I was right there, I ran into Aldi for a couple of items. Then stopped at Brevard Charities because I need a set of measuring cups down here (I lost one), but didn’t find any. So I went to this place called “Upscale Resale”. I didn’t find a full set of measuring cups but I did find a really nice handmixer. The one we have down here isn’t real powerful. I bought their wooden nickel, if you have that they have certain things on sale. So I got the mixer for ½ price. Then home to go in the pool.

Loki has been peeing on the bed. Only on the bed. well, he started peeing on the floor at home. At first we couldn’t figure out why but I think we have it narrowed down. We think he has feline idiopathic cystitis. So we order a felaway from amazon. That seemed to help, no peeing on the bed down here. That is...until last night. But what we think happened is that Vince is working on the door frame and so he had the door open. We think some of the pheronomes went out the door and so weren’t as strong in the condo. So we spent most of today washing, but we did start him on fluxotene for the stress. We did close up the condo early tonight so hopefully they’ll build up. Fortunately, there aren’t any interactions between the fluxotene and the zonisamide he has to take for the seizures.

Bananas – feel better fast

Mrs_Hoffer – I write “void” across the check and then shred it.

Reviving my sourdough starter. I’ll make a loaf of bread for Steve who is coming here this weekend. We were going to go to see him since he’s always asking us to come to his house in PA, but honestly I’d rather spend time with PJ so we haven’t gone there since Denise moved to de. I do wish she still lived in PA. Then we’d have someplace to stay for free when we went to see her. As it is now, tho, she does have a 3 bedroom townhouse.

Barbara – fingers crossed for you

made sourdough waffles a few weeks ago. They are so light and fluffy!

Michele
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have the “thinking circle” continuously when in the community posts? I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it didn’t fix it.
    fafr9s6utbha.png
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Well, that was a nice little break from the news on Facebook ... but it is kind of nice to have it back. Even nicer is that I've got my "Homes" pages back!

Australian news sites reappear on Facebook after government agrees to amend media bargaining laws
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-26/australian-news-sites-reappear-on-facebook-media-laws/13195100

@Snowflake1968 ... FB spat the dummy and blocked all news sites on FB throughout Australia. Unfortunately, at first, they ended up including weather sites and community information sites and all sorts. FB was empty! It was like the 3 of my friends who post a lot and cats.

Then they decided that was a bit much and gave us back weather and community info.

Today it all came back. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol:

21 things I wish people told me before I migrated to Australia
    https://www.escape.com.au/top-lists/21-things-i-wish-people-told-me-before-i-migrated-to-australia/image-gallery/e8cecb2a694d77848c7be16d609d73f9

I had a bit of a chuckle! :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    p47x6d9hpzl1.jpeg

Nice!

Is that a cycling path and if so, where is it?

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – thanks for the links. Unfortunately, updating the condo is probably years away unless something happens. But I can dream until then, huh?

Michele

Yes, you can dream ... and start putting together ideas. I can't do much for a while, but I know that I like elements of the beach style.

For example, I scroll through the photos here: https://www.thespruce.com/beach-house-living-room-ideas-4126589

And I see this one. I like the overall colour scheme and the sofa style is all right. But I wouldn't have so many cushions and that coffee table is a big no-no around someone with epilepsy. I would probably go with a softer coffee table that I could put my feet on.

dk8redp5qgcb.png

Ah here ... https://sugarsbeach.com/beach-themed-living-rooms/

I like the style of the sofas but would prefer them in a darker colour. However that brown bench (which doesn't work for me in this photo) might be an option that could work as the 'coffee table' in the previous picture.

hqd44wuo6gu9.png

And soon you've started putting together a plan and can start acquiring pieces when they go on sale, etc.

M in Oz