Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💙🟪🔵💛
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I got sick on Wednesday and lost my work flow. Just seemed like a bad allergic-type reaction.

I had to rest and then had some meetings (lawyer thurs afternoon, doctor fri morning, doctor fri afternoon).

so not a good week in this writing pressure situation. I did still take the weekend off except a union meeting on phone on Saturday morning (which is pleasant and useful. this time my colleague a serious worker, said he would follow up on the 2 things - I had already worked on- and I could take a break..which is very welcome. I'm definitely working more on stuff than others, but he is a close second.)

I had baaaad luck with the bone marrow aspirations.
    You may remember that they did part of the analysis after bone marrow aspiration in November, but part was to be sent to another hospital for another test, with a culture, requiring 3 weeks. But it was LOST! so I re-did it on 18 January, but got no results and asked doc on feb 8 or so, "what's up?" he sent a mail to the other hospital, and finally the results produced a good week later said : sample RECEIVED Feb 9 or 10! sample taken from "unknown date"! quality of sample "poor". when I looked online, it says that sample should be tested starting 5 days MAXIMUM after aspiration or else it should be rejected. So basically I got a 2nd aspiration for NO REASON. this is supposed to be one of the best hospitals for that area. grrrrrr!!
    He said that due to the tests they DID do at the hospital he thinks that my I probably don't have any of the issues that the test not done properly was seeking.
    I also read online that aspiration in sternum is much more risky (puncture, etc) and much less common- the usual area being the hip- but this hospital definitely has a policy of doing it in the sternum. there is no way I'm doing another one (3rd one) in the sternum any time soon.

Also, quite frankly, even if the hospital is supposed to be good, I would aim to avoid getting it done there again at all. The dr seems responsive and conscientious, so I don't think the issue is happening at his level. He's respectful and answers mails quickly and calls if necessary, so I'm not going to switch at present. he says surveying my WBC (white blood cells) every 6 months is needed at present and appointment once again every 6 months or so. The definition of MDS is not necessarily identical in the usa and in France.
    My 1st test results seemed to confirm "compatible with beginning MDS to compare with other tests" and the 2nd (identical) test seems not to,(but not to exclude it either) "can not confirm MDS, need to compare with other test". Not thrilled. If I do have early MDS as the 1st test suggested, there is no major treatment, but it would require a closer follow up (probably priority in COVID vaccination I think he said), and a likely shortened lifespan would be very likely but not absolutely certain, I think.
    It's just better to have an idea of course. That could explain tiredness, and would influence my planning.
    This said, I'm feeling better today midweek to end of week.
    I was supposed to go to day to meet a friend for a walk in the forest, a good hour a way, but there is a change in trains due to COVID hard info to find, so we canceled and talked on the phone, (which was nice). the walk would have been better but at least I got to have a lazy-sh Sunday morning which I don't mind. It's very sunny out, though rather cold.

Covid and confinement in France.
    3rd Confinement is highly suspected in Paris area, for next week, due to slight increase in infections and 50% of Covid in France now is said to be the more contagious UK version. There is almost no vaccine in France. It's a big bust. For some reason, France didn't fund french research and UK did so vaccines produced in June by French company are to be going to UK. Only some people over 75 are getting vaccines any time soon here. Only 4% of people have had 1 jab and 2% of people have received 2 jabs. No improvement in sight. We have had a rather strict 6pm curfew for a long while which can make some things difficult, long term. Can't go for a walk, food shopping, post office, meeting, etc after 6pm, without risk of 135 euro fine. All restaurants, bars, cafés, theatres, museums, etc. have been totally closed since early November. one can't eat or stand just outside, but they can do take away.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,699 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline, called R, typed hymns
    Bonus: 30 mins vacuuming, one load laundry
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call C, call S, start taxes, fire district: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Friendly February:
    27: Call a friend to catch up and really listen to them: C!

Yesterday was beautiful, brilliant sunshine and blue sky but oooh! That wind. Took the dogs down the drive, we didn’t stay out long. Wind blew in some rain in the afternoon evening. It’s another brilliant blue sky day today, but we’ve been fooled before. Really luxuriated in not having to be anywhere, even gave myself a manicure! NOT part of my normal grooming routine ;)

Tina you’re right about prosecuting scammers, especially those outside the US. Scary security implications.
    Allie sounds like your really coming along! Please take care. Sorry to hear your friend is moving away. :cry:
    Welcome @TheMrsHMorgan ! Like Rita said, this journey takes a lifletime.
    Vicki congrats on the new windows!
    Margaret :love: the pic of you and Drew at the outside ice art installationi.
    Pip, is the reason the spin room equipment is facing away from the French doors, because their facing the wall with the tv? Cool idea, framing the thermostat ;)
    Katla hope the weight was the only issue at your annual. Good luck with Walgreens, we don't have them here.
    Lisa :cry: whooshing you healing energy. Pain is so exhausting.
    Tracey darn shame about the sink. Fooey. I like the term “thinking circle” much more descriptive than “buffering.”
    Barbie it’s been in the 40s here, and sunny but oh, that wind, makes it feel so cold.
    Betsy thank you for sharing your sister’s info, praying for her real hard. After 5-1/2 rounds of chemo, our nephew’s tumor has only receded a bit from the edges. Since it is still too close to his heart, chances to survive surgery are only 33%. His surgeon will take his case to her weekly team consultation to try to identify next steps, radiation or ? Would a hot brick at your DH's stockinged feet, and a warmed bag of barley or rice around his neck help him to feel warmer?
    Beth :heartbreak::cry: :brokenheart: :cry: ((hugs)) :heart:

Dogs are getting cabin fever so need to get ‘em down the drive again before the wind kicks up.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: leaner/stronger/kinder than January.
    daily: sit with Joe: 24, weigh/wii: 26/14/45; steps>5627 3869 vits=25, log=26, CI<CO=21, CI<250<CO=16, Tumble=16 Shadow=16 mfp=26 outside=14 up hill=13
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=3 dance=1 clean 60 mins=1.75 packwalk=3, wt=1/31:141.3 2/7:142  2/14: 141.5 2/21: 143:3 :cry: 2/28
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=5 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=13 play=20 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Inside the closet is a cabinet with the computer inside. I watch the screen to watch the zwift app when I ride. Kirby watches on an iPad that goes on the spin bike, so we can ride together. It’s in the closet so it saves space in the room
  • bananasandoranges
    edited February 2021
    Options
    February goals list reviewed. (don't read if long to do lists stress you out! :D )
    1.WORK AND REVENUE
    1.PHD
    -Alot at least 4h per day on non-teaching days to working on this on weekdays on average yes, i think so! :)
    -write 30 good pages not at all! 6-7 pages :'(
    -rework plan totally! a lot of time on this, for better or worse :)
    -prep for good presentation on March 6 well in advance. not yet, i still have a week and it's only a 15 minute presentation plus discussion.
    -get writing corrected and send to teacher in end of February sent it to corrector on monday and got most of it back friday but some will come back tonight and we will review all tomorrow evening, and then send to director :)
    -get feedback from someone higher up or more advanced somehow in late February NEED TO DO early march! WHO?
    -try going to phd students office 1x a week (I usually work in café or elsewhere sometimes, but it's not possible and won't be for several months) not bad, went 2x last week! <3
    -Make one article proposal no!
    -call T about director's letter yes!
    -try to speak to M about director's letter yes!
    -write to D about director's letter yes!
    -send training time request to schools 3 by registered letter if no news by Monday . they asked for quick version by mail and then hedged, once I sent it. If I don't have official signed proof of reception the request is not valid. (time off for thesis in school 3 next fall).all is good! <3
    -look into organising exhibit in usa for teachers in my school (sadly that is often what is done to get in good standing at our school) not yet!

-Look at "in-house" ads I dowloaded and sort which ones are conceivable in view of my profile -Do rough application (CV and other docs) for those my ap is possible for not yet!
    -check deadlines for those jobs (in a couple of months I think) not yet!
    -If reasonable time investment improve profile if possible relative to requirements in common months, without excess not yet!

2.Follow up current teaching work

-Grading done Feb 1 yes :)
    -All corrections sent by Feb 1 if possible, Feb 5 at latest yes :)
    -Write class description Feb 5 at latest not yet!
    -contact P about partnership Feb 2-5 (may need a few calls) contacted one time but no answer, need to try again.
    -contract people in charge to find out who is replacing me for time off for writing yes
    -contact students to let them know who'll be replacing me when possible, yes!
    -write to m and m to ask about what they did with their extra hours (so I can have it down) yes

Follow up on legal issues related to worker’s rights yes :)
    (which can have effect of increase in rate of pay without changing jobs)

-School B
    Prepare next legal answer in February (many pages) PLANNED FOR MARCH
    15 min 2-3 times a week working on file (very complex and long) not at all!
    -Collective work
    1 meeting in February yes :)
    Write agenda yes :)
    Update some online documents yes :)
    Follow up on which letters have been written and which are to write yes :)
    Write rough letter for all petition signers. yes :)
    Keep professional but friendly distance with colleagues (especially guys) there is no monkey business but it's more that keeping distance might be helpful in maintaining respectful professional space doing my best, to continue

-make sure website is still ok it's still there

2. COMMUNITY & PEEPS
    just keep going out for walks for coffee yes<3 and try to go to someplace else to work at least 1x a week (school library or school office) last week yes! :)

3. RELATION
    -try going to school cafeteria no
    -get school cafeteria card activated no
    -try lowkey online app thing 1x (see how high my motivation is?lol) no
    not really motivated in taking action in this area! :D

4.HEALTH
    -aim for 24 BMI by end of month need to weigh self tomorrow morning. not sure.
    -TRACK EATING & CALORIES Current MFP proposal. 1220 cal net per day. Enter activity, not consume it all. only some days.have been slacking!
    Aim for 0-2x a week max foods with sugar cane. yes! :)
    Aim for 5 different types of veggie per day (soup?!) sometimes!

-ACTIVITY :
    -30 min/day walk 6x a week, any pace yes! <3
    -at least 20 min 2x a week on stationary bike (?), at high HR sometimes!
    at least 2x 20 min upper body stuff (weights, stretches, twists, etc.), during cycling or not. rarely!
    -aim for at least 3x 20 min at upper half of target HR (115-138 BPM) sometimes!
    -15-60 min/day pottering at home yes! <3

-HEALTH INSURANCE
    Send crown estimate to insurance yes! :)
    Send them message saying I want them to start in February not January 1 yes! :)

-BLOODWORK
    Get blood test not redone
    Contact hematologist mid February to ask for results yes! :)
    Go to appointment well prepared w questions and information yes! :)

-TEETH
    See health insurance. yes! :)
    Get 2 crowns not yet!
    Appointment with osteopath (good when doing dental work I find) not yet!

-EYES
    Get progressive glasses if time no time

-ENDOCRINOLOGIST APPOINTMENT
    pay not yet!
    get blood test not yet!

-THERAPIST
    make appointment(s) and go yes! :)
    CALL DURING OFFICE HOURS

5.FINANCES
    Cancel February transfer MONDAY AT LATEST yes! :)
    Keep budget, and register expenditures MIMO (money in, money out) sometimes!
    15 min per day on financial stuff sometimes!

6.SPIRITUAL GOALS :
    Meditate at least 15 min per day 5 days a week most days! <3
    Aim to be off screen at least from 1 am to 6 am. sometimes! in fact i can work before 6 am!

7. HOME GOAL
    Tidy 15 min per day in 1 area per week most days! <3
    call expert and make appointment about painting bathroom need to do!
    buy (or acquire) 2 plants for balcony yes and no, got daffodils <3 which will grow and wilt in a bout 2 weeks

8.OTHER ORGANIZATIONAL
    15 min per day on non-financial paperwork did 2 2h sessions with helper <3= 16x 15 min, X2, plus some time one own, (more than half way there)

*** daily things are meant to be 5-6 days a week!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Cheri: I am happy to see your face. I am so pleased that you are back! :heart:

Pip: Happy farewell apartment breakfast. I am excited for your imminent move. :bigsmile:

Michele: I’ve had a thought about Denise—have you considered organizing a zoom meeting with her? You might be able to chat with her and see your grandchild. We zoom with our daughter and facetime with our son. The visuals and chance see the children & talk with our adult children is wonderful. :star:

Allie: So sorry you had the bed spins. I am glad you’re feeling better. :star:

Thanks to the help of my DH, I’m scheduled for two vaccination appointments. I was so discouraged. DH has brought positive hope and expectations that we will both be able to be vaccinated in the next couple of weeks. We will have the second dose after that.

This morning I was feeling so much better that I came downstairs and hopped on my exercise bike for half an hour. I had a good work out. :bigsmile:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • bananasandoranges
    edited February 2021
    Options
    March goals (don't read if long to do lists stress you out) :D
    1.WORK AND REVENUE
    A. writing obligations
    -7h per day on this, weekdays
    - excellent relation with director
    -write 75 pages
    -good prep for presentation and Q & A
    - review plan and send plan to director by mail and by post
    -get feedback from peer or higher up 1st week in march.
    - going to office 1x a week
    -Improve online visibility a) update website b) put online file on webiste of V., S.1. and S.2
    -1 application accepted (for project event, etc)
    -read at least 10 references recommended by S.
    - double check writing of training contracts
    Remaining from February
    -look into organizing exhibit in usa for teachers in my school (sadly that is often what is done to get in good standing at our school)
    -Look at "in-house" ads I dowloaded and sort which ones are conceivable in view of my profile -Do rough application (CV and other docs) for those my ap is possible for
    -check deadlines for those jobs (in a couple of months I think)

B.Follow up usual teaching work
    Remaining from February
    -Write class description
    -contact P 1 more time about partnership, then write recap regardless .

-School B
    Remaining from February
    Prepare next legal answer (many pages)
    15 min 2-3 times a week working on file (very complex and long)

2. COMMUNITY & PEEPS
    - keep going out for walks for coffee
    -go to office or library 1x a week

3.HEALTH
    A.FOOD
    -aim for 24 BMI by end of month need to weigh self tomorrow morning..
    -TRACK EATING & CALORIES Current MFP proposal. 1220 cal net per day. Enter activity, not consume it all.
    Aim for 0-2x a week max foods with sugar cane.
    Aim for 5 different types of veggie per day (soup?!)

B.ACTIVITY :
    -30 min/day walk 6x a week, any pace
    -at least 15 min 2x a week on recumbent, at 115 HR minimum
    -at least 2x 10 min upper body stuff (weights, stretches, twists, etc.), during cycling or not.
    -15-60 min/day pottering at home.

C.TEETH
    -Find good dentist, schedule dental work
    - contact ortho

D.ENDOCRINOLOGIST APPOINTMENT
    pay
    get blood test not yet!

E. THERAPIST
    - continue

4.FINANCES

- Keep budget, and register expenditures MIMO (money in, money out)
    - 15 min per day on financial stuff
    - Deal with fines
    - Deal with taxes
    - 1 tax form done
    - all bills paid on time
    - reduced housing application 1 step

5.SPIRITUAL GOALS
    -Meditate at least 15 min per day 5 days a week
    - Aim to be off screen at least from midnight to 4 am (preferably more)

6. HOME GOALS
    -Tidy 15 min per day in 1 area per week
    call expert and make appointment about painting bathroom
    -Get earth and 1 plant for balcony
    - get one nice cozy thing for home
    - call L.

7.OTHER ORGANIZATIONAL
    - three 2h sessions with helper

8.WORKERS RIGHTS
    -follow up letters with 0
    - work on letter to ddd
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,350 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Bananas - I'm sorry that France is having a bad time with covid. I think you are in the position we were in January with the new variant spreading like wildfire. Last time I looked Dunkirk was 900 per 100,000!! Here in Brighton and Hove we are now down to 50. Early in the year we were up to 800.
    We have now vaccinated nearly a third of our population. I think the whole country is astonished that we got something right for a change. We can't quite believe it. We are all just hoping some new nasty variant doesn't pop up and undo all the hard work. It really is a great achievement with terrific effort by all, including huge armies of volunteers.

Managed to finish the day with 960 calories burnt. o:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,951 Member
    Options
    Have to remember to call my dentist. My January appointment was canceled and they were to call me back but never did.

Met all my goals for February! Yay!

Feeling lazy today, but have to do wash and cook up weeks with of bacon, and campground duties. Must get moving.......

RvRita
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,517 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline, stroll chat with T
    Bonus: 50 mins grooming Tumble, veg prep
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, livestream church, Freddie’s?, call C, call S, start taxes, fire district: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Friendly February:
    27: Call a friend to catch up and really listen to them: C, dangit call C Sunday
    28: Make uninterrupted time for your loved ones: This means Joe. Wake up! !

Joe came back from town this morning with these: “Happy pre-Birthday” Back when I was still working, he’d send flowers to the office the day before St. Valentine's day, just to make all the other gals jealous :devil:
    ssdxqoh1u1of.png

Heather gorgeous pic of Edie by the sea at sunset :love:
    Dee I’m sorry for what you and your DH are going through. Grateful to you for the reminder to minimize public contact where so many won’t mask appropriately.
    Barbie your conclusions are also a timely reminder to me. While our county was in “low” risk category I was being increasingly tempted to dance at the grange (where only 1 of 10 mask) or dine in with pals for my birthday. Nope. Not worth it. Will stick to my “until we both are fully vaccinated” standard, might review at that point.
    Julie I keep a wipe with me in the grocery cart, just for keying code into the card reader ;) Another if I go into the bathroom for the door handle on the way out. In: “I calm myself” out:”I smile” Thank you!
    Katla happy for your vaccination appointments. You give me hope!

Getting reminders from Spectrum to activate our new phones. Trouble is, they’ve been “in transit Ft. Worth TX” since Feb 23. Feeling a little more hopeful as they checked in Indianapolis yesterday ;} In: “I calm myself” out:”I smile”

Gorgeous, beautiful, sunny morning with little or no wind. Might try to get outside for a little before livestreaming church.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: leaner/stronger/kinder than January.
    daily: sit with Joe: 27, weigh/wii: 27/14/43; steps>5627 7599 vits=26, log=27, CI<CO=22, CI<250<CO=17, Tumble=18 Shadow=18 mfp=27 outside=16 up hill=15
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=4 dance=1 clean 60 mins=1.75 packwalk=4, wt=1/31:141.3 2/7:142  2/14: 141.5 2/21: 143:3 :cry: 2/28 142.4
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=5 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=14 play=21 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Praying for Beth and her family during this tragic time.

Regarding perhaps having Covid and not knowing it:
    Yes. Of course, I agree that people may have had it and not know it, but I think not as many of us as think we have. For instance, I have been sick twice during the past year -- once last spring and then early this fall. There was no testing in the spring available, so I just took my temp, which never got really high (not above 100) and slept it off. Man was I ever sick. This spring testing was available, and I tested negative. I didn't feel as sick as I had in the spring, but still, not really able to work properly.

Because hubby is who he is, he was able to order an antibody test from out of the country. We decided I should take it, since I will not be eligible for the vaccine until June or July at the earliest. I showed no evidence of any antibodies, so I think I have not had it.

Sometimes we just get sick. I have to remind myself of that when I have intestinal distress, and walk through everything I've eaten to try to figure out if I accidentally was gluten contaminated. Most of the time, I can't think of anything I could have eaten that would have made me sick. Sometimes, people just get diarrhea. And it's just that and nothing more.

I was disappointed that I hadn't had Covid, on one hand. (Because I had been so sick) On the other hand, I was very relieved because we really don't know yet what the long-term effects could be.

Beautiful day here today -- blue skies and sunshine.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

Thanks to the help of my DH, I’m scheduled for two vaccination appointments. I was so discouraged. DH has brought positive hope and expectations that we will both be able to be vaccinated in the next couple of weeks. We will have the second dose after that.

This morning I was feeling so much better that I came downstairs and hopped on my exercise bike for half an hour. I had a good work out. :bigsmile:

That is wonderful news!! When is the date for your first jab?

My mother is due for her second on March 5. I am getting nervous that supply will run low and the appointment will be cancelled. Hoping not. I've requested the day off, and we will drive up Thursday and stay with her for the weekend. She is taking Moderna, and my EMT son had a very difficult 2-3 days after the second Moderna shot.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Options
    If you look closely at my photo you can see the heads of two women swimmers. :o:o

Came back and did some rowing and cycling. 600 burnt this morning.

My DDIL told me that my son , aged 41, has just got a diagnosis of ADHD. He got the idea of being tested from an article in the Guardian by Adrian Chiles, about his late diagnosis. I actually sent the link to that article to my friend Gwendolen, as I suspect she has it, but didn’t think of my son! It doesn't surprise me though.
    So now I have one son with ADHD, and one with borderline autism/aspergers. ;):* DH has one daughter with high functioning autism. All of them have found it quite useful and a relief to have a diagnosis.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

my former hubby was diagnosed with Aspergers, PTSD, and some other things after he left me. IF he had been diagnosed earlier and he got help for them, there is a really good chance we would have stayed together- He didn't know what was going on inside of him and was afraid and hid it from me-then left.

Debbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,699 Member
    Options
    Gfggggg
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,535 Member
    Options
    💖
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Rita: Congrats on meeting your goals!!!! WTG! :star:

Flea: I’m set for my first jab on March 2, a day after DH gets his first jab. I am hoping the vaccine is actually there on those dates. We decided to go through Walgreens rather than get our vaccinations from the county. We can schedule appointments rather than wait in line with strangers. DH and I are both over 70 and he has multiple health issues. I am his care giver. I hope we don’t have to worry about them running out of vaccine, but I know it is possible. I expect they will notify us of any changes. :flowerforyou:

Barbara: We won’t be eating out until after our first jabs and may wait until after our second ones. We’ll have a personal celebration then. We have a lovely Thai restaurant a few blocks from home. They’ve been operating on a takeout basis since this all started. They are likely to get our business again for our vaccination celebration dinners. :star:

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,350 Member
    Options
    Debbie - Yes, it's a relief for them all to know why they find life so difficult. I always thought my younger son was ok, but a bit hyper active, as he is a very high achiever, but he was an alcoholic,and as a teenager, took a lot of drugs. My elder son always found life a puzzle. I suspected Aspergers.
    I had a student who was diagnosed autistic in her late 50s. It was such a relief to her.
    I have a tendency towards depression, but haven't had a full blown episode since I met DH , 18 years ago. He has been so good for me. He suffers from anxiety and panic attacks but hasn't had one for a few years now. Panic attacks are no fun. :#
    I believe our wiring is the most important thing. Plus early life environment. Thank goodness we understand these things more these days.
    That goes for our eating behaviour as well.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    B)