Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 141

Options

Replies

• musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,277 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you all think, but with all this unusual snow around the northern hemisphee where we don't normally get it/as much as this year, I'm wondering about global warming? For sure we normally only get 1 or 2 falls per winter which more often than not is melted and cleared by the end of the day. This year we have had about 4 or 5 falls & they have not only lasted several days, but in some cases we've had additional falls before the original has melted and temperatures of -5 or -6C is colder than normal winters!
    Seeing the news from our neighbours across the pond who are also experiencing out of character copiuos amounts of snow makes me wonder!!
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I don't know what you all think, but with all this unusual snow around the northern hemisphee where we don't normally get it/as much as this year, I'm wondering about global warming? For sure we normally only get 1 or 2 falls per winter which more often than not is melted and cleared by the end of the day. This year we have had about 4 or 5 falls & they have not only lasted several days, but in some cases we've had additional falls before the original has melted and temperatures of -5 or -6C is colder than normal winters!
    Seeing the news from our neighbours across the pond who are also experiencing out of character copiuos amounts of snow makes me wonder!!

What does it make you wonder about?
    Climate change being a trend towards more extreme weather, which is less predictable/more erratic,
    (one result is an increase in the number and frequency of hot days during the summer, hence the term "global warming" but the term is a bit misleading IMHO)