Reason to smile today

Options

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,597 Member
    Options
    My son and his family flew to FL today.
    He just sent me a video of my grandkids experiencing the white sand beach and the ocean for the first time. 🥰
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    20 days down and 10 days to go until this dumb monitor gets taken off
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    My daughter's water bottle was stolen the first week in her new university. She really loved that water bottle because her boyfriend bought it for her. This morning she texted me telling me she saw a person drinking out of it. She walked up to him and asked him where he got that water bottle. Apparently he knew he was caught and felt very embarrassed and gave it back. I told her I was proud of her for saying something and not be passive about it and that people need to be held accountable for their *kitten* behavior and actions. It makes me smile knowing that she's doing this adult thing the right way 😊
    She did the right thing! No fear of confrontation there😂❤️

having worked on a campus I can tell you that the kids leave their water bottles lying around everywhere and I have definitely collected a few at the end of the semester.
    ETA: tell her to put her name on it if she hasn’t already
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    My daughter's water bottle was stolen the first week in her new university. She really loved that water bottle because her boyfriend bought it for her. This morning she texted me telling me she saw a person drinking out of it. She walked up to him and asked him where he got that water bottle. Apparently he knew he was caught and felt very embarrassed and gave it back. I told her I was proud of her for saying something and not be passive about it and that people need to be held accountable for their *kitten* behavior and actions. It makes me smile knowing that she's doing this adult thing the right way 😊

Good for her K!
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

having worked on a campus I can tell you that the kids leave their water bottles lying around everywhere and I have definitely collected a few at the end of the semester.

They were actually having outside activities so everyone left all their stuff on the grass. Her new shirt was taken also. I don't think he was wearing that though 😂 but yes, I told her to put her initials on anything she values.

Eta: She definitely has no issues with confrontations. I have raised a strong, independent female 😂
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options

They were actually having outside activities so everyone left all their stuff on the grass. Her new shirt was taken also. I don't think he was wearing that though 😂 but yes, I told her to put her initials on anything she values.

Eta: She definitely has no issues with confrontations. I have raised a strong, independent female 😂
    I love that last bit so much. It took me till I was in my 40s

• Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options

This makes me smile too K. Great job raising your girl to be strong and independent. You yourself are as well, and that makes me smile also.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,221 Member
    Options
    Passed my exam yesterday. Onto the next module. 1 down 4 to go!!
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Finally a Scrabble win at yesterday game.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    nsk1951 wrote: »
    Finally a Scrabble win at yesterday game.

Congrats on the win
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    My daughter seems to be enjoying her 1st week at school so far. She's had it rough these last couple of years, some kids are mean. I really hope this is the start of a better year for her. I've been worried all week but she's smiling and seems happy.

hope she makes some good friends that can have her back ♥️
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options
    My daughter seems to be enjoying her 1st week at school so far. She's had it rough these last couple of years, some kids are mean. I really hope this is the start of a better year for her. I've been worried all week but she's smiling and seems happy.

hope she makes some good friends that can have her back ♥️

Me too, I think she's made good friends over the summer, so far, so good <3
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Didn't overeat today also, was able to walk for 2 hours and cycle for 1 with an injured back.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options
    The beautiful 5 star review I received from a former client's family.

It makes it all so worth it, even the hard days.

Love this, you are great at what you do. You're a beautiful person inside and out. Xox
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    The beautiful 5 star review I received from a former client's family.

It makes it all so worth it, even the hard days.

Love this, you are great at what you do. You're a beautiful person inside and out. Xox

❤️ Thank you so much for this!

I almost gave up on Hospice care last year, I'm so happy I stuck it out.