Less Alcohol - MARCH 2021

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    2 glasses of a red wine with steak w/ blue cheese, cheesy scalloped turnips and roasted broccoli.

Wonderful recipe even if you are not into turnips :)
    https://mylifecookbook.com/easy-cheesy-keto-scalloped-turnips/#mv-creation-61-jtr
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Dawn, sorry to hear about the lost hearing aid, that is a bummer. You would think they'd make them with some sort of ear clip or something to prevent them from falling out. Hope the new one arrives sooner than expected..

Day 4 AF done for March. I am a grouchy grump between 1am wake-ups and sleep deprivation, insatiable hunger all day long, moodiness, and the chocolate candy attacks that replaced the wine cravings at dinner time.

Yet last night I had a very satisfying homemade shrimp taco dinner with guacamole and salad followed by relaxing Netflix time. During the day I ran/walked for about an hour. There was no unusual stress that happened. OK I confess I had 3 Easter chocolate candies after dinner, maybe those are the culprits??? I also skipped my calcium supplements since I forgot.

Of course my AF husband is just totally fine, no issues. Lucky him!

Ok I have an idea. Start up the hot tub...that's the ticket...I need a 5pm hot tub date with husband today before dinner :)

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    2 glasses of a red wine with steak w/ blue cheese, cheesy scalloped turnips and roasted broccoli.

Wonderful recipe even if you are not into turnips :)
    https://mylifecookbook.com/easy-cheesy-keto-scalloped-turnips/#mv-creation-61-jtr

I could gobble this all up right now along with the wine LOL...good news is that 1 medium turnip has 34 calories and 0 Weight Watchers points!

So I never purchased a turnip in my life, really....but I should start and prep them at home just mashed up with some seasoning. I can negotiate ditching the heavy cream but not the cheese, Cheese-a-holic that I am!
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 783 Member
    I so wanted something last night. I passed the frig with the open bottle of wine from last weekend at least a dozen times. But I know I was just being weak and did not need it, it was late in the evening and I was restless.
    But stayed AF and feel good about it so this is a rolling 5 days with 4 in March. Tonight maybe a challenge we will see.

I really am liking this app 'Dry Days', it let me set what I would consider a light drink day, heavy day and AF day then at the end of the month you get a 'certificate' celebrating the AF days you had for the previous month. I am now using it as my screen saver to remind me in February I was 21 days AF and I hope to beat that this month. I do like to challenge myself and get excited when I have a goal to work towards.

@Lilylady3k thank you for letting me know about the turnip servings. I have this silicone mold for rolls that I am going to use to make the scallop cups. I am not sure I will use that much cheese but you can bet it is on the menu for either tonight with hamburgers (in lieu of frozen fries) or tomorrow with ...not sure yet LOL

oh does anyone have a good lower calorie recipe for a ramen dish?
  • Lilylady3k
    Well that did not go as planned. I made shrimp creole with roasted broccoli for dinner and my sister stopped by to join DH and I. 3 glasses of wine with dinner and a movie. Now moved on to water.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,551 Member
    I love Rutabaga, I eat it almost every day along with Yam, Brocolli, and Brussels Sprouts. Add a piece of some sort of meat and it is a very filling dinner.
    For me Turnip is so much more mild, and I like the strong taste of the Rutabaga better.
    Nice looking recipe. I don't do much dairy except for a tbsp of coffee cream in the morning. Whipping cream is such a decadent ingredient : - )

@ImImrn
    I don't know if you would classify this as a Ramen substitute, probably not. But I make a dish that is super yummy and easy:
    Bean Sprouts
    Raw Garlic - lots
    Fresh Parmesan
    Fresh oregano and or fresh parsley (or dried for either)

Boil the Bean Sprouts very quickly, just enough to make them hot. Strain, dump back into the empty hot pot, add the Parmesan, Garlic, and herbs. Mix it, serve adding black pepper to taste.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @mainelylisa
    Sorry to hear that you are/were out of electricity! A generator is great to have except for it doesn't help with internet.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Thanks for the sympathy on the hearing aid. I only had it for 6 months. It made a huge difference for me.
    I lost those frequencies back in my Rock days. It was time to finally take the plunge and hear again.
    I lose my phone alot too, but can call it to find it with either my landline or Google find my phone.
    I think that there is a way to bluetooth the hearing aid. I will get that for the replacement one.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Last night I had book club at a restaurant, and only had one glass. Despite the heaters, it was cold!!!! Brrr!

Tonight, the smartest thing I did was cancel my order for the 2nd glass of wine at the restaurant. Came so close to drinking too much. So glad I did, I would never have been able to drive home. I didn’t even have sips of DH’a glass. I did have a 1oz glass of cognac when we got home. Yum! Nice small glass.

• Lilylady3k
    @dawnbgethealthy - I've not tried Rutabaga though I keep meaning to! What is your favorite way to use/cook it?
    I like the idea of the bean sprouts instead of ramen noodles.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    @dawnbgethealthy - I've not tried Rutabaga though I keep meaning to! What is your favorite way to use/cook it?
    I like the idea of the bean sprouts instead of ramen noodles.

When they are in season, I like using yellow squash or zucchini to make “zoodles” using an inexpensive spiralizer.