WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Barbara- I was waiting for the cement to set. It was relaxing chatting with y'all!
    Vicki- The statement about making more at home is so true! We have run into trying to hire also. Until people NEED to work, they aren't going too. Such strange times we are living in!

Heading to Costco with husband😑 He did leave me alone yesterday. I really hate shopping!
    <3
    Kylia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Afternoon/ evening ladies,had dinner with the group ,always a fun time..
    Took the prednisone early so im hoping to sleep tonight..
    Will go tomorrow and get the boys out and give them treats ,then go get my 2nd shot.. pick up Dan and he will keep my car for weds.. the ladies have said if i need them to call which i thought was sweet..
    Watching PBS
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Machka - I’ve never seen those before I’ll have to take a look in the grocery store next time I’m there.

Lisa - I hope you save the brush for your SIL and Grandson, I love bonfires.

Heather - I’m so happy for you! Your country has been much stricter than we have had here.
    When my girls were little, all of the grandparents bought chocolate and candy for Easter. We ended up doing a scavenger hunt for little items, keychains, hair ties/clips, little odds and ends usually about 6 things that would lead them to one small chocolate bunny that the Easter Bunny left. Our daughter now does the same with the grandchildren.

Kim - so happy you finally have an appointment.

Barbara- most of our staff and residents have been fully vaccinated for over a month now, today we were reminded that we still can be carriers and we have to be conscious of our decisions. The most vulnerable sector here in our area now is 25-39 year olds.

I’m just curious how much people get for unemployment in the States. We lose $1000 a month when Rodger is laid off in the Winter. We wait anxiously for his call back each year.

My cousin finally had some good news, her MIL has been given urgent placement. They will finally have some peace in their house and maybe she will be able to fully heal herself.

When I was doing physio my therapist told me I needed furniture with more support and not to sit in “lazy” chairs. I, of course, couldn’t just go out and buy new furniture but really noticed the difference last weekend when visiting my cousin. I was pain free all weekend. Tonight I decided to try putting a wooden board under the cushion in the chair to see if it makes a difference. I will probably know tomorrow how it works.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options

I’m just curious how much people get for unemployment in the States. We lose $1000 a month when Rodger is laid off in the Winter. We wait anxiously for his call back each year.

When I was doing physio my therapist told me I needed furniture with more support and not to sit in “lazy” chairs. I, of course, couldn’t just go out and buy new furniture but really noticed the difference last weekend when visiting my cousin. I was pain free all weekend. Tonight I decided to try putting a wooden board under the cushion in the chair to see if it makes a difference. I will probably know tomorrow how it works.

Tracey in Edmonton

Usually, unemployment is a percentage of weekly salary (I think 60% or something like that) up to a max of ~$450/week. However, due to the pandemic, Congress passed legislation to give everyone a significant bump per week, which is more than many people make when they are working. It was $600 extra, but they changed it and now it's going to be less. I think $300/week on top of what they would normally get. That's why it's hard to find employees right now.

Hope the firmer cushion works!

Tina in CA
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »

Tracey in Edmonton

Usually, unemployment is a percentage of weekly salary (I think 60% or something like that) up to a max of ~$450/week. However, due to the pandemic, Congress passed legislation to give everyone a significant bump per week, which is more than many people make when they are working. It was $600 extra, but they changed it and now it's going to be less. I think $300/week on top of what they would normally get. That's why it's hard to find employees right now.

Hope the firmer cushion works!

Tina in CA

Is that $300 weekly? Our EI is 55% of wages to a maximum of 595 per week as of Jan 1st, Rodger is still on the old rate of a maximum of 573 per week, taxes are deducted for that.

If it’s 750 a week people are getting in the States no wonder some don’t want to work.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Zwift bike trainer- 36.01min, 18.4amph, 89elev, 139ahr, 162mhr, 11.03mi= 356c
    Strava app = 208c
    Walk w/family- 1hr 24min 58sec, 87ahr, 105mhr, 47elev, 4mi= 376c
    Strava app = 485c
    Walk to store- 35.09min, 87ahr, 122mhr, 1.86mi= 182c
    Strava app = 225c

Total cal 914
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Barbara if I had taken him into the doctor that would have helped. He drove himeself in when I was out walking Drew. The patient can sign a release form but in the circumstnaces Fred was in so much pain thinking to do this was last on his list.The nursing staff has to do this and they have to have time to do it.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    When we were younger my mom would make our Easter baskets and always had solid chocolate Easter bunnies
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    I always put things like small bags of popcorn, one of the juice boxes, not much candy at all min my kids Easter baskets. Even today I do that. Jess will be here for Easter. I usually put a bottle of wine, but I suspect we may have to mail things that were in her basket to her so I looked for light things like bags of chips, etc. Now she wants a chocolate bunny so I just get her one of the Dove bunnies because they are small.

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow at 9:30 is my second Covid shot. DH will have his shot at 11:45. Crossing my fingers that it will all go well. ❤️
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Tomorrow at 9:30 is my second Covid shot. DH will have his shot at 11:45. Crossing my fingers that it will all go well. ❤️

Hope yours goes as well as mine did- no real side effects after second one- arm was sorer after first than the second one.
    Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Aaaack! Why is it I get more support from you all, than my own sister. Her empathy button is broken. Conversing, well texting with her, is like texting a one word computer. Sighs..ok rant over. Alcohol killed her soul.
    Blue on an island..
    Rebecca

sounds like you are talking about my younger sister. I only hear from mine when she wants something. I have messaged her almost a week ago on FB and she has not even bothered to answer me. She has been on every day.
    When she wants to talk she doesn't stop but if I try to say something, she cuts me off, changes the subject.
    Alcohol has really messed with her too- passed out drunk on the floor the night my dad passed away. She was drunk before I even got up there. My mom did NOT need that that night. She is spending a lot of time out there now(would go months and months without going out when dad was there even before covid. He told her what he thought and she didn't like the truth. Hope she isn't trying to worm her way back in. She has moved back many times already. dad said no more, now, he isn't there to put his foot down and she is taking advantage of it.

I agree- I get so much more support here than anywhere else.
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,823 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Rebecca - I learned a long time ago that in a lot of cases our friends become closer than our families.
    Our daughters call my best friend Aunt, she came to Kaitlyns wedding when her biological Aunt and Uncle didn’t. On Kaitlyn’s birthday this year when her best friend was looking for memories of her, all of my friends, those honorary aunts, sent something. Again, none of the biological family did.

Family is who we make it sometimes and it breaks my heart to write that. I was raised to love family and be there through thick and thin, but it seems a lot of my family forgets those lessons.

Tracey

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca— I always wanted a sister, but I was an only. I don’t recommend bring an only. Our myfitnesspal ladies seem to do a pretty good job as friends and honorary sisters. 😘
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    Machka - I’ve never seen those before I’ll have to take a look in the grocery store next time I’m there.

I can't get into the Superstore site from over here in this part of the world, but Walmart has this which is quite similar. There might be different flavours available in person.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/club-house-slow-cooker-bbq-pulled-pork-45g/6000016935540

Tracey in Edmonton

I can't sit comfortably on any sort of soft sofa or chair. My sofa, which I brought with me from Canada, is firm and there are days that even it isn't entirely comfortable. Mostly I sit in my office chair which is quite firm and has me sitting fairly upright. Unfortunately it has been very well used while I've been in university and it's kind of falling to bits now. We bought it in late 2013 and from 2015 onward (6 years) it has been used just about every day. I have kind of wondered if it is causing some of my hip and back pain as it ages.

I am now in the market for a new office chair.

M in Oz