Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Well here i am maybe 4 hrs sleep..ugh oh well..
    Katla- I get my second shot today too and am more worried about side effects.but after what ive been through will get by ..im hoping to get a couple more hrs of sleep.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    When you all can't sleep and it's some awful hour of the morning ... what do you do?

Last night I woke up about 6 am ... about 2 hours early. I felt awake enough to get up and get going with my day but it was 2 hours early! So I focused on lying very still in bed, and "singing" to myself in my head. I didn't fall deeply asleep again, but did doze so that was all right.

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Machka- i try and do the same and do mindful.meditation to go back to.sleep,if not i watch TV or do.circle words on my phone..
    Hence why i need naps...and going to bed ,i take biochemical phosphates,after a few hrs i take 10.mg melatonin gummie and tylenol ,
    The prednisone is making me blimp out,of course that doesn't help.with sleep even that i took the first one at 3 pm
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Tracey what are the characteristics of the lazy chair and the chair with support?
    Granted one can't change all furniture, but next time, when possible, you could get one chair, and so on.
    That's what i said when the allergist said i was intensely allergic to dust mites: to get dustmite mattress, etc. I didn't have the money for that, but did eventually (years later) have to get a new mattress, and later sofa bed, and was able to make choices with allergies in mind.

paranoia/government random surveillance question:

What do you think the government (or hackers) are reading or listening to randomly in your life ?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanpettijohn/2019/09/03/of-course-your-phone-is-listening-to-you/
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    tracked my breakfast. :)
  • Machka9
    edited March 2021
    Options
    paranoia/government random surveillance question:

What do you think the government (or hackers) are reading or listening to randomly in your life ?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanpettijohn/2019/09/03/of-course-your-phone-is-listening-to-you/

:lol:

We allow our devices to read, listen, follow, etc. us.

If you see ads on this site, try this ... open a ladies clothing website and browse around a little. Now return here and see what your ads look like. :)

You can, however, use ad blockers and turn off location trackers to some extent. You can clear your cookies and make adjustments to your preferences.

And just because you looked up some random ladies wear store doesn't mean you've ever gone there or purchased anything there. I do that if I don't like the direction my ads are going.

As for the government ... wouldn't you like to know!! :naughty:

Machka in Oz

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    B)
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    relief : washing machine ordered. phew. Decisions! Delivery in 2 weeks. i think i last ordered one about 20 years ago. the present one i bought 2nd hand from neighbor on lower floor, maybe 15 years ago, who had lived in the apartment for a year (he might have been from or going to Switzerland or something like that). i wonder if i can manage to get by without going to laundromat from now until April 13th: hand washing underthings, etc. The fact that we see very few people make it easier. i still have clean clothes but am going through things i rarely wear. I will have a massive mound of sheets and clothes by the time it arrives.:D
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Good morning, afternoon, evening, all,

Rebecca,
    I'm so sorry, dear heart. Don't forget, it's all down to expectations. You can't change your sis, but you can change your expectations. I got terribly frustrated with mine this winter, as she was all up in conspiracy theories and the like, and talking to her on the phone was like tiptoeing over landmines. I got so exasperated about it that I finally told her in so many words that I thought she was smarter than that, and stopped calling her. She's called me twice since January, and last year, she never called me at all. I didn't lose her, I just lost the expectations.

Barbara AHMOD,
    I'm actually not sure whether Johnny will be in the position of running the kitchen, or sous chef or line cook, and I don't think he's sure either--he just said "chef." He landed in Montana at 8 p.m. last night our time, texted me that it was 32 degrees (0 C) but that he has his coat. He was headed for the hotel, and the shuttle will pick him and a couple of other new employees up this morning. Cell and internet access are skimpy in the park, so don't know when I'll hear from him next.

ETA: Surveillance, etc.
    I feel like this about like my mama used to say about people that might peek in her windows. "Well, they deserve what they get." My life is incredibly boring, I have nothing to hide, and getting ads for something that actually does interest me doesn't bother me. It's a reality of our current time, and getting upset about it is much like trying to teach a pig to sing. Wastes your time, and annoys the pig.

Gave Corey a dose of Nyquil last night to help the sinus headache and make it so he could breathe through his nose. All the spring flowers are just busting out here, and he could be allergic to any or all. That's been me each morning, but a decongestant has assisted each day.

Can't believe March is nearly over already... this year is just flying by.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Vaccinations today! This is for the second vaccination. My appointment is early in the morning and DH’s is later. I look forward to being done. Next on my list is getting access to our printer at home. It is set up for DH’s computer, only. We’ll take a look at changing that so that I also have the ability to print. 😠
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Got through some editing this morning. I've decided to just get on with the words and not worry about the formatting for the moment. One thing at a time.
    I haven't printed the whole thing out, but I'm wondering if I should. I can't see the wood for the trees on the screen. I always used to print it out, but this one is rather long, 128,000 words. Ink costs are a consideration.
    The laptop did a bit of updating, including Microsoft Edge, but I kept my temper. :# Did I ever tell you how much I hate my laptop? :#:p

Might walk out to the fish market this afternoon. Glorious weather.

I made a delicious mushroom soup for lunch out of some sad mushrooms lurking at the back of the veg drawer in the fridge. Good feeling.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Morning again.was awake until about 4:20 and went back to sleep.for another couple hrs..
    Like Katla i get my second shot this afternoon.
    Will go check on the boys late morning and then come back and wait...my foot feels a bit better i was able to get a sock on today so thats good ,second dose of prednisone in...
    Lisa- i have spring allergies too,when the trees bud so does my nose.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :) Yesterday was a day of great adventures. We went to the post office to mail a paperback swap book, to curbside pickup at the library to return a book and get one that was on hold, and to our favorite Chinese restaurant to get take out. I realized that the one change I've made since we got vaccinated and our county relaxed some rules is that I didn't wear disposable gloves to the post office.

:)<3Rebecca, expecting a great relationship with your sister is like going to the hardware store expecting to buy lacy underwear. You will be disappointed no matter what you do. Sisters are not always what you want them to be.

:) When I wake up at a weird time, I meditate and/or read the book I have on myphone. Either the time is spent in a useful pursuit, or else I go back to sleep. Either outcome is a win for me.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Options
    As we wrap up March I'll ask a question I may have asked before ...

If you had a day or even half a day to do anything you wanted ... and in particular fun, stress-reducing, relaxing, enjoyable things ... what would you do?

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Machka- I would spend the day at JN Ding Darling wildlife refuge on Sanibel.Island in Florida.. my favorite place,you can drive down a road with all sorts of shore birds, or hike beautiful trails.. i told my DD when i get shake and baked please sprinkle part of me down there..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Anything I wanted? - I would meet the family for pizza at Fatto a Mano. Glorious, chaotic, noisy, squabbly fun. I would sit next to my grandchildren and give them a little hug now and then. Afterwards we would go back to their house and do drawing and crafts at the kitchen table.

This afternoon I wanted to walk in the glorious sunshine. I decided to stroll along the seafront to the harbour and the fish market. I bought monkfish for kebabs, smoked haddock and giant frozen prawns. I came home via the butcher, where I bought half a shoulder of lamb for an Easter meal, two Scotch eggs, and a small goat's cheese. In the deli I bought two homemade bagels, humus and pastrami. Good expedition. :D

DH drove the car out to give the battery a good charge. He tried to go to a beauty spot where he could take photos for the cover of his next novel. He needs a marshy area next to the sea. Unfortunately, everywhere he tried was jam packed with cars all trying to park to celebrate the end of strict lockdown and the heatwave. After trying three separate places and getting stuck in traffic jams he gave up. At least the car got a good run! :D

Having roasted Mediterranean vegetables with feta tonight.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx