Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options

If it’s 750 a week people are getting in the States no wonder some don’t want to work.

Yes, it would be $750/week. I don't know the exact numbers, as I haven't been on unemployment for a while and when I was, I qualified for the max, which wasn't enough to pay the bills alone even then. But, an extra $300/week would have been.

Tina in CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Yesterday was a day of great adventures. We went to the post office to mail a paperback swap book, to curbside pickup at the library to return a book and get one that was on hold, and to our favorite Chinese restaurant to get take out. I realized that the one change I've made since we got vaccinated and our county relaxed some rules is that I didn't wear disposable gloves to the post office.

:)<3Rebecca, expecting a great relationship with your sister is like going to the hardware store expecting to buy lacy underwear. You will be disappointed no matter what you do. Sisters are not always what you want them to be.

:) When I wake up at a weird time, I meditate and/or read the book I have on myphone. Either the time is spent in a useful pursuit, or else I go back to sleep. Either outcome is a win for me.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I absolutely LOVE your response about sisters- it is PERFECT.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Sisters-I love all of them (all 5) dearly, but they do irritate me sometimes, just as they did when growing up. However, they all have become beautiful people in their own ways and they are truly my best friends. If we didn't love each other, we wouldn't anger, annoy, irritate, disappoint each other. The more I love them, the more they do all of that. I wouldn't trade them.

Waking up-I read, listen to a podcast, listen to an audiobook, work sometimes, check the house to make sure it's secured, lay there getting upset that I can't sleep.

Tina in CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Today was the hottest March day since 1968.
    :D:pB)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Aaaack! Why is it I get more support from you all, than my own sister. Her empathy button is broken. Conversing, well texting with her, is like texting a one word computer. Sighs..ok rant over. Alcohol killed her soul.
    Blue on an island..
    Rebecca

sounds like you are talking about my younger sister. I only hear from mine when she wants something. I have messaged her almost a week ago on FB and she has not even bothered to answer me. She has been on every day.
    When she wants to talk she doesn't stop but if I try to say something, she cuts me off, changes the subject.
    Alcohol has really messed with her too- passed out drunk on the floor the night my dad passed away. She was drunk before I even got up there. My mom did NOT need that that night. She is spending a lot of time out there now(would go months and months without going out when dad was there even before covid. He told her what he thought and she didn't like the truth. Hope she isn't trying to worm her way back in. She has moved back many times already. dad said no more, now, he isn't there to put his foot down and she is taking advantage of it.

I agree- I get so much more support here than anywhere else.
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca

I am sorry you have a sister like that. 💖. I think my sister avoids me because I give her my honest opinion, and am that dose of reality she tends to flee from. I find it so odd that I can post something like, " I my my Owain". And the text back is, " I'm making myself a great sandwich". Its literally all about her these days. So I have been not relying on her for any sense of support, just mindless surface subjects, weather, food, etc.
    💖 Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Well got the second shot and now have to sit for 15 minutes then i can go..starting to get a little bit of a headache.. but will take tylenol when i get home
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Katla--I agree the one on one letters with my grandchildren are the best. I also keep them.

Tracey--The thing about unemployment right now is the goverment adds the extra 300 for covid and that makes a big difference. Once that is not being added maybe it will get more people going to work.

If I had a day or even half a day to do anything I wanted--I would either take a nap or go for ride on the motorcycle if weather was warm enough.

Allie--Please go home and rest. Take care of yourself.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rebecca— I always wanted a sister, but I was an only. I don’t recommend bring an only. Our myfitnesspal ladies seem to do a pretty good job as friends and honorary sisters. 😘

Yes we do! I have mentally adopted you all as my heart sisters.💖
    💖 Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Good morning, afternoon, evening, all,

Rebecca,
    I'm so sorry, dear heart. Don't forget, it's all down to expectations. You can't change your sis, but you can change your expectations. I got terribly frustrated with mine this winter, as she was all up in conspiracy theories and the like, and talking to her on the phone was like tiptoeing over landmines. I got so exasperated about it that I finally told her in so many words that I thought she was smarter than that, and stopped calling her. She's called me twice since January, and last year, she never called me at all. I didn't lose her, I just lost the expectations.

Barbara AHMOD,
    I'm actually not sure whether Johnny will be in the position of running the kitchen, or sous chef or line cook, and I don't think he's sure either--he just said "chef." He landed in Montana at 8 p.m. last night our time, texted me that it was 32 degrees (0 C) but that he has his coat. He was headed for the hotel, and the shuttle will pick him and a couple of other new employees up this morning. Cell and internet access are skimpy in the park, so don't know when I'll hear from him next.

ETA: Surveillance, etc.
    I feel like this about like my mama used to say about people that might peek in her windows. "Well, they deserve what they get." My life is incredibly boring, I have nothing to hide, and getting ads for something that actually does interest me doesn't bother me. It's a reality of our current time, and getting upset about it is much like trying to teach a pig to sing. Wastes your time, and annoys the pig.

Gave Corey a dose of Nyquil last night to help the sinus headache and make it so he could breathe through his nose. All the spring flowers are just busting out here, and he could be allergic to any or all. That's been me each morning, but a decongestant has assisted each day.

Can't believe March is nearly over already... this year is just flying by.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

I am blessed with an older sister (Pam) that asks me how I am, and we vent to each other. So I get support from her, and then just talk about what I ate, the weather, and pink unicorns with my middle sister. Its fascinating how I can be talking about my day with my middle sister and she blatantly reminds me thru her response how unsympathetic she is. I can type, "Lee, Galen and I have been watching the latest Sumo Tournament". She responds, " I don't watch that, and am not interested". Bam! Conversation done. Lawdy! Even my casual friends wouldn't respond in that way.

💖 Rebecca

• Whidislander
    Options
    Rebecca. - My sister, who is deceased, was not capable of the close sisterly relationship I yearned for. I realized as I matured that I had to, as Lisa said, change my expectations, and I did. I was unable to change my sadness about it, though. It is still a source of grief for me. She died 21 years ago tomorrow.

(((Hugs))).

We are your sisters.

Karen in Virginia

Oh hugs friend!💖. I tell myself that I want to "keep the door open" and so I initiate texting. Part of me thinks, " our mom would want us to always be communicating". My middle sister can do light subjects. But even texting back in forth about our kids brings her down. I mourn for the sister I once had, and that does help me cope. I can't get back the carefree banter we shared, we are both different people. You give and take from trusted people whether they be family or friends.
    💖 Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Yesterday was a day of great adventures. We went to the post office to mail a paperback swap book, to curbside pickup at the library to return a book and get one that was on hold, and to our favorite Chinese restaurant to get take out. I realized that the one change I've made since we got vaccinated and our county relaxed some rules is that I didn't wear disposable gloves to the post office.

:)<3Rebecca, expecting a great relationship with your sister is like going to the hardware store expecting to buy lacy underwear. You will be disappointed no matter what you do. Sisters are not always what you want them to be.

:) When I wake up at a weird time, I meditate and/or read the book I have on myphone. Either the time is spent in a useful pursuit, or else I go back to sleep. Either outcome is a win for me.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

That is so true! I am blessed with one sister that accepts me regardless. She and I have each others back. Its so refreshing as our relationship wasn't always as such. What changed was that she got divorced. I think she was in a loveless marriage for so long, she just didnt know how to feel. It translated into how she talked on the phone, so distant! Now we just cry, and wail like old wise women!
    💖Rebecca
    ho98y7ykkewh.jpg
    stmir1xbxdtl.jpg
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Clinic on base got 300 doses of Moderna COVID vaccinations so Lee is going tomorrow for dose one! I have to wait until April 8th because I got that darn tetanus shot on the 25th of this month! Darn it!
    Rebecca
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Rebecca
    You and your sister are lovely and you look so much alike! :)

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    So far so good ,keeping hydrated and just watching tv...took the prednisone at 2 before i left and took a little snooze before that.. so will deal.with whatever comes along
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Rebecca

Carol in GA

Thank you Carol! Here is all three and our father.💖.
    j523tb646bmm.jpg
    My father had a great smile!
  • Whidislander
    Options
    My older sister can't embrace her gray hair so its always colored. Sadly it makes me look older than her, darn it!
    💖 Rebecca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Rebecca

Carol in GA

Thank you Carol! Here is all three and our father.💖.
    j523tb646bmm.jpg
    My father had a great smile!

another thing we have in common- three girls in our family too.(except I am the middle one) All girls in ours, all boys (5) in mom's sister's family and four boys and a girl in her brother's family.
    Not exactly sure in dad's side of the family- 10 kids and not very close to most of them.
    Debbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options