Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Positive Affirmations - For Weight Loss and getting to Your Weight Loss Goals

1567911

Replies

  • mpkpbk2015mpkpbk2015 Member Posts: 686 Member Member Posts: 686 Member
    BethCW2963 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! And thanks to Patricia for reaching out and inviting me! I am going through a rough period of time in my life and I do not want it to define me so I am looking for all the positivity I can get. I need to set my daily intentions and positive affirmations to help me along on my journey towards better health, both physically and mentally.

    This is my daily reminder... all day, every day:

    34vnchvf8z67.jpg


    and to remind myself to "whisper" loving, positive thoughts:

    iek6bk0jv8wf.jpg

    Hi Beth so glad you came, and thanks for sharing - this is a great place to start your day off on the right path.. Everybody here is great and filled with lots of positivity and hope. Hope we will be seeing you daily. Take care and Happy Monday. Sending your a virtual hug and a smile. 💖😁🌻🌻🌷🌷
  • mpkpbk2015mpkpbk2015 Member Posts: 686 Member Member Posts: 686 Member
    Today's positive Affirmation : I am a magnificent being of power and light! Love is the light, freedom the path, empowerment the goal. Empowerment and positive thinking are definitely not about “drinking the kool-aid” they are about making your own lemonade. Today my mind transcends either/or thinking and explores new possibilities!

    April 5, 2021 - Have a Wonderful Monday Everyone
  • pessxxpessxx Member Posts: 734 Member Member Posts: 734 Member
    Morning Patricia

    yes, let's forget about the people who are not nice ....

    Look here , this is true life and the beauty in it

  • pessxxpessxx Member Posts: 734 Member Member Posts: 734 Member
    Well, I am in my break , cause I have sleeping issues Got a secret/Can you keep it/Well all my friends know I cannot sleep continously :) , and what I was thinking about today is that weight loss as I said before should come also with being a better person, all this process imo makes us more empatic, more open, more dedicated to help other people

    What is losing weight? If you do this just for your silhouette or health , is nothing. You are doing this for a better you ,not only good looking or healthier but also a better mentally and from the soul point of view ,you will exit from yr shell and have the courage to open to the others, cause if you made all this effort, you got the courage and you got the brain

    I am very shy person in real life in order to express myself , but my heart is full of good for the others
    I wonder sometimes why
    I will call it EVOLUTION and today the quotes are about this

    5556vt9x0e2p.png
    01bgxgyxshiu.png
    square-1480608714-michelle-obama.jpg?resize=480:*

  • BethCW2963BethCW2963 Member Posts: 50 Member Member Posts: 50 Member
    Hello from Guam! It is Tuesday, April 6th at 11:08 am for me!

    @pessxx - The Spring Waltz video is truly beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    Patricia - I love the idea of "making my own lemonade, rather than "drinking the kool-aid"!

    MY 5 DAILY REMINDERS:

    I Am Amazing
    I Can Do Anything
    I Am Important
    I Am Enough
    Self-Care Isn't Selfish

    TODAY'S POSITIVE AFFIRMATION:

    fcuqv787cqcg.jpg

    Whew, these are biggies for me! I am hoping that somehow I can start liking myself and stop worrying so much about what other people think. I truly hate being negative but realize that in many ways my mind is filled with a lot of negativity. As part of my wellness journey, I don't want to just focus on my physical transformation... I want to focus on my emotional and mental transformation too.
  • mpkpbk2015mpkpbk2015 Member Posts: 686 Member Member Posts: 686 Member
    pessxx wrote: »
    Morning Patricia

    yes, let's forget about the people who are not nice ....

    Look here , this is true life and the beauty in it


    Yes not nice people forgotten. This video is amazing and beautiful. Thank you so much. Celebrating my Birthday in 6 mins. so excited couldn't go to sleep. Going to the spa at 9 for a massage, manicure and pedicure to celebrate being at goal and 5 under. Doing this instead of a food celebration. Also my daughter bought me a yarrow plant and a orange fizz geranium plant for my garden and some lavender seeds. This is going to be the best birthday ever. And I have a 2 new friends you and Beth in my life and you both are very nice and supportive.
    And your both from outside of the USA which is really cool. It's like when I was a kid and had a pen pal in France when I was taking French. Not going to talk your head off. Have a wonderful Day and don't work to hard. And I will report to your tomorrow on all my Birthday shenanigans. Hugs
  • mpkpbk2015mpkpbk2015 Member Posts: 686 Member Member Posts: 686 Member
    BethCW2963 wrote: »
    Hello from Guam! It is Tuesday, April 6th at 11:08 am for me!

    @pessxx - The Spring Waltz video is truly beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    Patricia - I love the idea of "making my own lemonade, rather than "drinking the kool-aid"!

    MY 5 DAILY REMINDERS:

    I Am Amazing
    I Can Do Anything
    I Am Important
    I Am Enough
    Self-Care Isn't Selfish

    TODAY'S POSITIVE AFFIRMATION:

    fcuqv787cqcg.jpg

    Whew, these are biggies for me! I am hoping that somehow I can start liking myself and stop worrying so much about what other people think. I truly hate being negative but realize that in many ways my mind is filled with a lot of negativity. As part of my wellness journey, I don't want to just focus on my physical transformation... I want to focus on my emotional and mental transformation too.

    Beth, it's my Birthday in Guam not quite here yet, in a few minutes. Your awesome. And I don't think your negative. I love your affirmations you are Amazing, You can do anything, You are important, You are enough and taking Care of yourself is JOB 1. I always remind everyone on the newsfeed to be kind to themselves and others. I always start with themselves. It's like my mom always told me you can't love anyone until you love yourself. And Your physical, Emotional and mental transformation are all connected and intertwined. And they all work together and make up you. Your going through a lot right now and it's really hard for you and I know you feel there's no light at the end of the tunnel. But there is and if you just keep on moving down the tunnel with faith and determination the light will come. I am glad we are friends and we can support each other and lift each other up. And I like you so you better start liking you too. Or I'll tell my mama in heaven to pinch you. LOL. Hugs and Goodnight my friend.
  • mpkpbk2015mpkpbk2015 Member Posts: 686 Member Member Posts: 686 Member
    pessxx wrote: »
    Well, I am in my break , cause I have sleeping issues Got a secret/Can you keep it/Well all my friends know I cannot sleep continously :) , and what I was thinking about today is that weight loss as I said before should come also with being a better person, all this process imo makes us more empatic, more open, more dedicated to help other people

    What is losing weight? If you do this just for your silhouette or health , is nothing. You are doing this for a better you ,not only good looking or healthier but also a better mentally and from the soul point of view ,you will exit from yr shell and have the courage to open to the others, cause if you made all this effort, you got the courage and you got the brain

    I am very shy person in real life in order to express myself , but my heart is full of good for the others
    I wonder sometimes why
    I will call it EVOLUTION and today the quotes are about this

    5556vt9x0e2p.png
    01bgxgyxshiu.png
    square-1480608714-michelle-obama.jpg?resize=480:*

    Pam - wow we really do think alike. One of the things I said was after I loss my weight this time was I would help others and lose weight and set the example by not putting it back on. I have been a serial dieter all my life. And this time I know I want to help all the other serial dieters successfully lose the weight and keep it off. And the only way I can do that is by doing it myself. In other words I have to walk the talk. I have always been a giver. I volunteer my time, but I want to give in a way that has a major impact on someone's life and what better way than to help someone become healthier and live longer. Which is why I blog about my journey and insights and experience as a 5'1 inch woman who weighted 227 pounds and who's son was ashamed to have her attend his Swimming Banquet which was the final blow 3 years ago that made me so determined to get healthy and fit even more than the dr. telling me I was well on the way to becoming diabetic and having to be on insulin for the rest of my life. I love todays quotes when I was heavy I had a hard time sleeping because I had sleep apnea and a overactive bladder. Now 105 pounds later both are gone. Along with my reflux which is amazing to me. When I worked I was a Human Resources manager so I have always been a people person. I love engaging and interacting with people. My mom used to say when I was a little kid I would talk to strangers and she was always afraid I was going to be kidnapped. And then she laugh and say they would bring you back because you never shut up you would talk them to death.
    I better let you go. Mom was right I do talk a lot. You have a great day and keep the awesome quotes coming I really love them.
  • mpkpbk2015mpkpbk2015 Member Posts: 686 Member Member Posts: 686 Member
    Today's positive Affirmation : Peace comes to my world one person at a time, beginning with me! I absolutely believe that I can make a difference and today I DO! I believe wholeheartedly that I am part of the solution in my life and in my world.

    April 6, 2021 - Have a great day everyone.
  • BethCW2963BethCW2963 Member Posts: 50 Member Member Posts: 50 Member
    It is so nice to have a positive, safe space to visit here every day and view all of the messages of inspiration, love, and positivity!

    @pessxx - I too have sleep issues and it's the worst. I long for a cozy 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep! I love your sayings today regarding weight loss and lifestyle changes.

    Patricia, thank you so much for your kind words. You are a beautiful soul! I hope your birthday was amazing!

    My affirmation for today is:

    I Am In Control Of My Thoughts, Feelings And Choices


    I am also spending time reflecting on this:

    bxu5qh79h220.jpg
  • mpkpbk2015mpkpbk2015 Member Posts: 686 Member Member Posts: 686 Member
    BethCW2963 wrote: »
    It is so nice to have a positive, safe space to visit here every day and view all of the messages of inspiration, love, and positivity!

    @pessxx - I too have sleep issues and it's the worst. I long for a cozy 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep! I love your sayings today regarding weight loss and lifestyle changes.

    Patricia, thank you so much for your kind words. You are a beautiful soul! I hope your birthday was amazing!

    My affirmation for today is:

    I Am In Control Of My Thoughts, Feelings And Choices


    I am also spending time reflecting on this:

    bxu5qh79h220.jpg

    Beth - I like it - and your right Life is about 2 things Control and Choices. The two of the rule the others your thoughts, and emotions, actions all fall inline based on how you control your choices.
    . My Birthday was Super, Awesome, Fantastic because 1 was determined it would be. even though I had no date, and no one taking me to dinner or doing anything special for me. Other than my beautiful teenage daughter who spent her birthday money from August and bought me some gardening stuff and a book on herbs, and made me a handmade card. Today was going to be a celebration and a reward. I had saved up for a 1/2 day at a spa for a massage, manicure and a pedicure. I have never had a massage before. I have always been to self conscience about my body size. And the person doing the massage not wanting to touch or massage me because i was so big, I 'v had my toes and nails done. Well this was awesome. I didn't drink the champagne they offered me or eat the pastries .Not messing up on my birthday no cheating here. The sauna was interesting I am sure I melted away at least a 1/2 pound felt like I was a roasted chicken. For once in my life I was a pampered woman and it felt good. So to answer your question this was the best Birthday EVER. . Well it's almost midnight and I have to be up at 4am to take my son to water polo practice. Till we chat again my friend you take care and keep on pushing through and get to the end of that tunnel where the light it waiting for your with love and sunshine,
  • pessxxpessxx Member Posts: 734 Member Member Posts: 734 Member
    Good morning
    Today I am very emotional, I don't know why but I'll manage
    I read all your words Beth and Patricia and I felt so closed to you, we have so much in common and there are like invisible links which joined us together :)
    You have though also something which I do not have - You love yourselves
    I don't too much, maybe because dad always told me that he beauty of yourself should be seen with the other eyes, if you reflect in their eyes as a good person, you are
    And so during the years I learnt that myself esteem should be judged only through another person than me .For example you all the time hav your quotes or sayings starting with I , with myself, with me , I don't

    So today I will try to post quotes of how I hope to become - more loving of myself - it was tough cause a lot of quotes did nor represent me, but I found some

    I wish you a lovely evening, here is 7:45 am and a long day in front of me with 5 meetings and hard day and 'Love yourselves'
    <3<3

    20200113090528.jpg

    Self-worth-quotes.png
    edited April 7
  • mpkpbk2015mpkpbk2015 Member Posts: 686 Member Member Posts: 686 Member
    pessxx wrote: »
    Good morning
    Today I am very emotional, I don't know why but I'll manage
    I read all your words Beth and Patricia and I felt so closed to you, we have so much in common and there are like invisible links which joined us together :)
    You have though also something which I do not have - You love yourselves
    I don't too much, maybe because dad always told me that he beauty of yourself should be seen with the other eyes, if you reflect in their eyes as a good person, you are
    And so during the years I learnt that myself esteem should be judged only through another person than me .For example you all the time hav your quotes or sayings starting with I , with myself, with me , I don't

    So today I will try to post quotes of how I hope to become - more loving of myself - it was tough cause a lot of quotes did nor represent me, but I found some

    I wish you a lovely evening, here is 7:45 am and a long day in front of me with 5 meetings and hard day and 'Love yourselves'
    <3<3

    20200113090528.jpg

    Self-worth-quotes.png

    He Pam sorry your very emotional I am still up. My mom told me the opposite of what your dad told you maybe it's a what dads say verses what mom's say to their child. I think I mentioned it in another post. She said until you can love yourself you will never be able to love another. She also said until you can forgive your self you can't truly for someone else. We hold ourselves responsible for so many things we have no control over but we hold the guilt and the pain. And as long as we hold that guilt and pain we can't love ourselves or anyone else .And when we don't love ourselves we have a hard time letting others love us and that's why so many marriages and relationships fail. there is someone in the relationship usually not feeling worthy of love. I love me because I know how deeply my mom loved me when she was alive. And if I was worthy of such a deep and unconditional love from her like the love of Jesus If they love me so, I must be good so I therefore love me for that goodness too. Well here I go again Patricia the philosopher. I better go to bed. 4 am for water polo practice will be here before you know it.
    I hope you have a better day tomorrow and are not so troubled or emotional. IO think your fine just as you are. And being such a giver I believe with all my heart that you do love yourself and it is that love that drives you to share yourself and want to help others. Good night my friend. 💖💖💖
  • pessxxpessxx Member Posts: 734 Member Member Posts: 734 Member
    Thank you for the kind words they go where they should, into my heart <3 Good night <3
  • mpkpbk2015mpkpbk2015 Member Posts: 686 Member Member Posts: 686 Member
    pessxx wrote: »
    Thank you for the kind words they go where they should, into my heart <3 Good night <3

    You are so welcome , sorry for the late posting today. My neighbor's workers backed a backhoe over my cable line and my internet has been down all day. ATT just got it back on .You have a super big heart and it deserves to be filled with support and love. So you take care of yourself and be kind to yourself. Virtual hugs. I better go post today's affirmation. Till tomorrow.💖
  • mpkpbk2015mpkpbk2015 Member Posts: 686 Member Member Posts: 686 Member
    Today's positive Affirmation is :Struggle is my boot camp preparing for bigger and better things! I refuse settle for where I am, when I know I have better within me! Today I live with a purpose and my purpose lights my path!
    4/7/2021 - sorry this is a little late everyone my neighbor's workers backed a backhoe over my internet cable line I have been without internet all day.
  • pessxxpessxx Member Posts: 734 Member Member Posts: 734 Member
    Good morning as dark as night is 4 almost from an early bird like me :smiley: Hugs to everybody <3

    Well yesterday talking with one of my best friend I realize we often underestimate ourselves of what we can do, what we can achieve

    I do frequently at work this and sometimes it helps cause I am more ambitious , as much as I suppose I cannot do something , as much as I succed

    But in the last months I changed a bit and I am more basing on my knowledge and I trust more myself
    Cause we are progressing every day to a better us

    So the quotes of toda are dedicated to all who are feeling small or not able to do something, to lose weight, to obtain what they want , to reach their dreams a Wow lot of them that I love, so today more than usual <3

    Don't Underestimate yourself

    9desxl9vihdw.png
    original.jpg
    92e8hbrrptdr.png
    47b3kbjexttv.png
    dxyakjro80an.png




  • mpkpbk2015mpkpbk2015 Member Posts: 686 Member Member Posts: 686 Member
    pessxx wrote: »
    Good morning as dark as night is 4 almost from an early bird like me :smiley: Hugs to everybody <3

    Well yesterday talking with one of my best friend I realize we often underestimate ourselves of what we can do, what we can achieve

    I do frequently at work this and sometimes it helps cause I am more ambitious , as much as I suppose I cannot do something , as much as I succed

    But in the last months I changed a bit and I am more basing on my knowledge and I trust more myself
    Cause we are progressing every day to a better us

    So the quotes of toda are dedicated to all who are feeling small or not able to do something, to lose weight, to obtain what they want , to reach their dreams a Wow lot of them that I love, so today more than usual <3

    Don't Underestimate yourself

    9desxl9vihdw.png
    original.jpg
    92e8hbrrptdr.png
    47b3kbjexttv.png
    dxyakjro80an.png




    These are awesome. It reminds me of a song from a long time ago I think it was by Alicia Key - something about Knowing your worth. I am really bad with two things names of people and names of songs. I can tell you everything about a person and forget their name, I can tell you what the song was about but not the name of the song. These are so true for many women. I thing part of it is society has always under estimated women and our contributions. And our worth and we are doing what we have been taught in our role as woman. We have to unlearn these roles. In my book your awesome. And on that note. thanks for sharing such enlightenment today and have an awesome day tomorrow.
  • mpkpbk2015mpkpbk2015 Member Posts: 686 Member Member Posts: 686 Member
    Today's positive Affirmation is My body is a well-oiled machine ready to meet my every need! I pay attention to the needs of my body. I feed it, exercise it, and love it! Today I push my limits in the gym so that tomorrow I can push the limits in my life! :

    4/98/2021 - Everyone Have a Great Day and be Kind to yourself.
  • BethCW2963BethCW2963 Member Posts: 50 Member Member Posts: 50 Member
    Hello Everyone! This is always such an uplifting and inviting place to be.

    I am still working hard trying to learn how to love and accept myself so every day I practice saying my 6 daily reminders. It is said that with practice you can reprogram your way of thinking so we will see.

    Daily Affirmations:

    6 DAILY REMINDERS:

    I Am Amazing
    I Can Do Anything
    I Am Important
    I Am Enough
    I Love Myself
    Self-Care Isn't Selfish

    My focused thought for today is a continuance of overcoming negative thinking:

    ✨If I can improve the way I feel about life and if I can face changes with hope and positivity, things will always go much better. The truth is that I can enjoy everything I want in life as long as I know how to be open-minded. This is the great secret to triumph in the situations in which I find myself.

    My shared message for everyone today is:

    w2orj2vbw2jg.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.