Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    urbjp4y75ods.jpg
    💕🏵Rebecca
    (A photo that was on my FB feed).
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    I am delighted that someone wants my hardbacks on Freecycle to sell for animal charities locally - Lost Cats etc. She will be coming to collect them. Hooray! :p:D

These days I read almost everything on Kindle. I have a Paperwhite, which is easy on the eyes at night. I would live to live a very minimalist life, with my possessions really pared down, but the real world isn't quite like that. However, the less I have, the freeer I feel. I LOVE a good clear out.
    Because I am a writer I have a big paper archive. Fortunately we have a large accessible loft space where it can reside and not trouble me too much. :D
    These days I write on the cloud. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I don't have a lot of books, not much of a reader BUT I did have a problem with buying more kids books and cook books. Now that I am semi-retired I am pairing back the kids books- gave three large boxes of them to the triplets mom a few years ago-when they were starting kindergarten. I still have a full book case of kids books- all are hardbound- many are sets. Some I bought almost 40 yrs ago and are brand new- they are Serendipity books- They were from a book of the month or something. I also have a lot of old Goldenbooks. I think those will be the last ones to go.
    Debbie
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Katla

So very sorry to hear that your beloved pup has passed! It seems like so many of us have lost one of our loved pets this past year. Shed your tears and grieve because he was worth it! <3

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    The woman came for the hardbacks. They are commercially attractive, some extremely recent. Ist editions.
    I tried a number I had for the Amnesty guy who used to collect, but it's not in use now. I will ring the bookshop tomorrow. I hope they can collect as the shop is in the middle of the tiny little streets (pedestrian) called North Laines. They have a big online presence.
    Otherwise, the cat woman said her boss would come and see if any of the other books are worth taking.

KJ - I loved your project page. I emailed a local group, but she said they were currently too busy. :/

We have negotiated with the clearance people to take everything but the books for a much cheaper sum. Hooray! We have old hoovers, lamps, pillows etc. Too big to easily fit in the car and DH does not feel up to multiple trips to the dump. He feels he could manage some books if he had to. They are incredibly heavy. Hundreds of them. :| Most are unsaleable, grimy, creased, old paperbacks.
    The lorry is coming tomorrow morning for the rest. I am giving them cash.

DH came home early from the cricket as they were rained off. He is trying again tomorrow without much hope. It is a long drive on the off chance. At least he gets to see his friend , who's staying in the hotel at the ground for the duration with his wife. Not a cheap proposition!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Carol: Thank you. You are right that Schooner is worth our tears. He will be missed for a long time to come. :'(<3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Our sweet old dog passed away this morning. We were both with him. Schooner was thirteen years and ten months old today. He was a beloved member of our family and we will miss him. My husband and I are both in tears. We will be taking him to our veterinarian to be cremated this afternoon. :heartbreak: He was a sweet dog and very dear to both of us. :heart:

:heartbreak: Katla in NW Oregon

I am so sorry to read about your pup- they are such a huge part of the family. Hugs to you and your hubby-
    went through the same thing just a few months ago- it does take a long time to even start to get over the loss.
    Debbie
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Our sweet old dog passed away this morning. We were both with him. Schooner was thirteen years and ten months old today. He was a beloved member of our family and we will miss him. My husband and I are both in tears. We will be taking him to our veterinarian to be cremated this afternoon. :heartbreak: He was a sweet dog and very dear to both of us. :heart:

I'm so sorry, Katla. That is a huge loss.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about Schooners passing, Katla. Losing your 4 legged family member is never easy. Hugs friend.🙏😢
    💖 Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Katla- my deepest condolences on the loss of your pup, thats the hard thing about being a pet owner .. losing your best pal..
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    Katla--I am so sorry to hear about Schooner's passing. It is never easy to lose our fur babies.

Vicki <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Katla - So sorry for your sad loss. I know you will truly miss him. (((HUGS)))

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Katla, we are so sorry to hear of Schooner's passing. Take care of yourselves while you grieve.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words and sympathy. Annie in Delaware is right. We are sad and grieving. We miss Schooner already. ❤️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Did Cathe Friedrich’s Afterburn DVD then went for a walk. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise

Went to Aldi then WalMart. WalMart requires a mask for their unvaccinated employees and customers. Same for Aldi. It was so nice to go shopping without a mask. Then stopped at the UPS store to return a pair of pants to Amazon.

Didn’t realize I got to Aldi before they opened, so I just read my email on my phone

Supposed to get warmer as the week goes on, and 90 this weekend. Guess where I’ll be????

Tina CA – the freezer is my friend, too. One of the nice things is that you don’t have to eat the same thing for days on end until you finish it.

Barbara – OUCH!!! Your encounter hurt just to read about it. I put one litter box underneath a table in the sunroom and she (Lexi) seems to be using that instead of the rug. I also pulled the litterbox in the mudroom forward so, hopefully, she’ll see it. We have a stone floor in that room. It has never been cleaned so much as it has lately!!! I just feel so bad for Lexi, she is so confused. As far as itching….sometimes the hydrocortizone doesn’t seem to help all that much. Believe it or not, what does help TEMPORARILY is hold your blowdryer on the itch and keep it there (well, not ON your skin, but aimed at it) until you no longer can stand the heat. The reason this helps is that the heat breaks up the histamines that cause the itching. They will reform, but in a few hours. Good luck to you

Finished the puzzle for Jess and Colby last night. Should probably order the frame for them. This puzzle was the most fun of every one that I did

Lisa – staying away from sugar isn’t a big deal for me. But, I swear, I’m addicted to cheese

Heather – we had a lot of Jess’ old textbooks. Couldn’t do anything with them, they were too old to donate (they were maybe 5 years old). What we did do was saw off the binder on the end, then put the sheets into recycling. The binders we just put in the garbage. I’m glad you found someone to take your books

Linda – welcome back! Stay this time, please, we love you

Anne DE – go for it! Good luck to you

LisaKinVA – does your YMCA have one? I know when I lived in Kennett Square, they had one. I THINK the Y in Reston did, but honestly I’m not sure. Good for you getting all that walking in!

Rebecca – if you’re a food snob, guess I am, too.

Katla – oh, I am so very sorry to read about Schooner. He’ll always be with you, maybe not physically but in your heart. Plus, he’s looking down on you right now

Michele NCs7rw55p5qha8.jpg
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Oh, Katla, I am so sorry about Schooner. I know how you loved him. :'(

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options

I’m so very sorry for your loss, my heart is with you
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Katla, sympathies to you and your hubby on the loss of Schooner.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island (still keeping caught up on reading, just not having time for writing much, trying to get some craft projects finished! (it's about time for many of them!))
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    :heart: Katla so sorry to hear about Schooner. (((Katla and DH)))