WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Uuuu
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Thank you for your kind word and sympathy. Schooner was a sweet old dog and wonderful companion. We miss him. We will look for another pup when we can.
    :'(<3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Well i put a pot roast in the crock pot and made some macaroni salad ..poor Homer got sick 3 times today so now he is resting
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Good day. I'm reading a wonderful book by Martha Beck - The Way of Integrity. I highly recommend it to anyone who feels frustrated, stuck, or put upon. Anyone whose life is less than fulfilling. <3

The junk collectors came this morning. Nice to be able to negotiate the garage again, though we still have the books to deal with.
    Singing Zoom early pm. I was in much better voice than last week.
    Poor DH drove for nearly 4 hours for 2 and a half hours' cricket.
    He is giving it a miss tomorrow. He might go Saturday.

Then I had a Zoom with my girlfriends. My difficult friend has found out through DNA that her father is not related to his siblings and cousins through his father. :o She is an amateur genealogist and has done a lot of research into that side of the family. Secrets come out.

Waitrose called with their delivery half way through the Zoom.
    DH came home just after.

I cooked a delicious Tandoori Chicken with asparagus.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Yes, yes, yes, Margaret. <3<3<3

Tonight I am watching Saved By A Stranger. You never know whose holes you have plugged. I hope to plug a few with my memoirs.
    I will never know.

Much love to everyone.
    Heather UK xxxxxx

• Katla49
    edited May 2021
    DH and I are doing our best to cope with the loss of our beloved dog, Schooner. We sit
    and cry together. Schooner was a very sweet soul. :cry: Eventually we will look for another Keeshond puppy. Schooner was our second Keeshond. We love this breed, and especially this particular old dog. Our first Keeshond, Sucia, died from a bee sting. We were heartbroken then, too. Thanks to all for your sympathy and kind words. :heart:

Allie: I hope your pot roast turns out well and that poor Homer feels better soon. :flowerforyou: I will keep your DD in my prayers. I hope that she will be able to carry the baby full term. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: This is brilliant. Thank you for sharing. “You see, now, what you did? You saved the life of my children! I do not have enough money to pay your 'small' good deed.” So no matter who, when or how, continue to help, sustain, wipe tears, listen attentively, and carefully repair all the 'leaks' you find. You never know when one is in need of us, or when God holds a pleasant surprise for us to be helpful and important to someone. Along the way, you may have repaired numerous 'boat holes' for several people without realizing how many lives you've saved. ❤️ Make a difference...

Katla, in tears today for the loss of our sweet old dog, Schooner

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member
    Ugh. My eating has been way off track this month. I really have to try harder, especially with the pie in the fridge. I resisted it once but it didn't go away and now I've had three pieces. Plus I'm not eating my veggies like I ought to.

Oh well I am off to ride Henry in a little bit. I have a date Saturday and a sort-of date Monday, at the writing group. So things are looking up. 😀

Annie in Delaware
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    edited May 2021
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP,
    Bonus: park stroll with T and Shadow.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, board meeting minutes, return Doug’s call, follow up with Dr re: Joe’s annual charges not covered 100%, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Meaningful May:
    20: Reflect on what make you feel valued and purposeful: fire district work makes me feel valued, why do I resist it. Listening to R or T makes me feel purposeful, when I give it my all.

Wind was so strong and so cold we cut our park stroll short yesterday. Got nothing else done, still reluctant to chop brush. Time to get back on!

Katla :heartbreak::cry: :heartbreak:
    RIP Sweet Schooner.
    (((hugs)))
    :heartbreak::cry: :heartbreak:

Welcome back Linda from N. Ont.!
    Annie you could try zooming with a friend while your Dad is working online to see if there will be bandwidth issues?
    Michele thanks for the blow dryer tip, I’ve been icing it trying to numb it. Not working too well…
    Welcome @Pamici9 Pamela! Would you let us know your general locale?
    LisaKinVA that IUD part retrieval sounds painful. Holding good thoughts for you.
    Allie prayers for your DD.
    Margaret the Beth Johnson post was just what I needed to read today. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    May: leaner/stronger/kinder than April.
    daily: sit with Joe:19 , weigh/wii: 19/1/14; steps>6362=4543 vits=18, log=19, CI<CO=16, CI<250<CO=15, Tumble=11, Shadow=13, mfp=19, outside=18, up hill=16, clean 10=8.5
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rX x4=3 dance=2, packwalk x2=4,
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/2:139.1!, 5/9:141.8, 5/16:, 5/23:, 5/30:.
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.5
    bonus: AF=14 play=1 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Funny story: Setting: My backyard. It is pretty good sized; kind of rough as we don't use any fertilizer or lawn treatment. Don't even water it, so it does its own thing. Along the back fence, under the pines, a small "crop" of garlic mustard is trying to take over. For those who don't know, it is an invasive plant with a little flower at the top. I don't really mind it, except it grows so fast and so tall and it does make the yard look a little more unkempt. Anyway, one of my childcare boys came to me, almost in tears, with two stalks of garlic mustard in his hands (root and all) and said, "Miss Kel! I'm sorry! I picked your flowers!" I told him," ...that was okay. I was going to pick them later that evening; SO...you are welcome to pick as many as you want! I will even give you a bin to put them in!" He was thrilled. He and about four of the other kids completely cleared my yard of all of the garlic mustard, and had fun doing it! lol I think I will edge my drive and sidewalk one of these weekends and let the boys use the Tonka trucks to "haul away" the cuttings. lol
    I had a meeting last night. It was actually in person (masked), only four of us in attendance (out of eight). It was nice to be in the same room with other grown ups, though. Anyway, I left home without my phone. First time I have done that in years. Tim was losing his mind for the two hours I was gone. He didn't need anything, he just heard it ring while I was gone and realized that I didn't have it. It is funny how dependent we have gotten on these little suckers. I never worry about myself without a phone. I have complete faith that someone will help me if I need it. Needless to say, Tim was in a bad mood when I returned. lol >:)

Well...I better scoot. It is a rainy Thursday morning! I have to make "rain plans" to keep the kids busy. Almost the weekend! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

I miss having the triplets here this time of the year- they were great helps digging up the raised beds and mixing in the fertilizer/compost and then planting- they loved breaking up the big clods of dirt for me. Just came across a picture of them that was taken 4 yrs ago, up in the garden helping me. Hard to believe they are going to be 8 this week- I haven't seen them in almost 2 1/2 yrs- they started coming here at 3 months old- 55 hrs a week

Debbie
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Allie--Sending prayers for your DD and the baby.

Margaret--read that story before, but is worth repeating. We never know what little thing we do is a very big thing to someone else.

Another long day at work. Tonight we are going to a BBQ for our life group from church. I let them know we will be a little late as we both work until 6 and then have to stop at home and pickup our dish and then pickup another lady that can't drive. I am working on keeping myself from getting stressed out and staying home. Going out of my comfort zone and being out later when I have to work in the morning.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE Where it can not make up it's mind if it will rain or sun will shine. But the wind is a blowing strong. <3
  • Katla49
    edited May 2021
    Barbara: <3 Thank you for the kind words about our old pup, Schooner. We are grieving as best we can. I've been collecting the fur of his undercoat and putting it in an envelope to keep so I can touch and feel a little bit of him. My husband is grieving as much as I am. :cry: We've lived with dog hair dust bunnies for Schooner's whole life. For now this is something I can touch and feel. :heart: :heartbreak:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Evening ladies
    DD going down tomorrow to get checked ,asked if she wanted me to take her..she said no.. im trying to be there for her but she closes me out ,i did pick DGD up from school and she is a typical 13 yr old she hates everything and wants to move,hates the town etc...i told her I remember being her age and feeling the same way..
    Ugh so wish there was more i could do for both of them
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Margaret. - Thanks for that wonderful life lesson story. It touched me.

Karen in Virginia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    ☘️

Pg 41
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member

Worked today so no formal exercise. I do have over 10,000 steps, tho. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Jari Love Bootcamp DVD

Panici – welcome!

Lisa – I wouldn’t trust the calipers too much, either. I have a pair and they are accurate to some degree but not a lot

Allie – (((PRAYERS)))

Debbie – I feel your pain not seeing the kids

pip – is there a special reason Kirby is sitting out the ride?

Went for a walk around the block. Now I think I’ll do some crosstitch by the pool. Here’s what I’m making for the soup kitchen. If they want, they can put it in their auction.

Michele NC
    rvzq6z8hhmqr.jpg
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    I think it was Allie who shared the story on Facebook.