WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- i have had that,its not fun,right now my eyes are wonky ans im typing with 1 eye closed
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 17min 17sec, 87elev, 3.31ap, 85ahr, 101mhr, 4.32mi= 405c
    Strava app- 523c
    Zwift bike trainer- 34.40min, 318elev, 17.4amph, 135ahr, 159mhr, 10.07mi= 339c
    Strava app- 290c

Total cal 744
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Got off the phone with my aunt,had a nice long chat.. will have to go visit them.they arent far away and back up from Florida..
    So nice to connect again.. my uncle is 88 and the last of his generation and my dads brother..
    I love Instacart,i can order groceries and have them delivered ,no hoofing around the store,its 3.99 plus tip ,you cant beat that.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did Jari Love Bootcamp DVD then went for a walk around the block. The plan for tomorrow is to do Firm’s Cardio Party DVD.

I am finding that when I go for a walk in the morning, I usually do more aerobic. If I go in the evening, I just go for a leisure stroll. I guess that’s because early in the morning I don’t see (translation: stop and talk) a lot of people.

Debbie – inside the kids will never forget you.

Pip – you guys love to bike so much, that I wouldn’t think if a ride is only one day, that Kirby wouldn’t be interested. Live and learn…..

Ginger in TX – welcome back. So great to hear from you. You certainly have been busy

Lisa – lovely pics

Allie – Elana doesn’t mow? Good for her! And good for you not having to do it any more. How relieved you and Tracy must feel. I wish her only the absolute best

Went for a walk this morning after exercise. I thought I heard someone calling, but I didn’t see anyone so I figured it was my imagination. The guy across the street from us was calling me to see if he could borrow our robotic cleaner for the pool. We don’t have a problem with it. Made a loaf of sourdough bread which I’ll probably give him and his wife when they come over tonight. Will make another loaf for us. The house across the street from us just recently sold. It was WAAAYYYY overpriced, but it’s under contract for the full amount. Personally, I don’t care for the house. It doesn’t have cable. The MLS listing says that cable is available. Yes it is….IF you are willing to pay $2-3,000. You can’t have a pool. To me, it’s just a weird house. Doesn’t look at all like it belongs in the neighborhood. All the houses are brick, this one isn’t. It just looks so small compared to the other houses.

OK ….how did everyone get such cute/adorable/huggable grandchildren?????

Michele NC
    who is baking another loaf of bread and when it comes out of the oven, may go for another walk
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Michelle- she gardens ,no mowing..
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    Allie - glad DD and baby are OK.

Welcome back Ginger.

Lisa - Love the pictures. Looks like everyone is having fun, creating memories.

Did tai chi this morning then went to bank and bought groceries. DS who moved to San Diego will be here for a short while on Sunday. I am looking forward to his visit.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, Beth.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Jari Love Bootcamp DVD then went for a walk around the block. The plan for tomorrow is to do Firm’s Cardio Party DVD.

I am finding that when I go for a walk in the morning, I usually do more aerobic. If I go in the evening, I just go for a leisure stroll. I guess that’s because early in the morning I don’t see (translation: stop and talk) a lot of people.

Debbie – inside the kids will never forget you.

Pip – you guys love to bike so much, that I wouldn’t think if a ride is only one day, that Kirby wouldn’t be interested. Live and learn…..

Ginger in TX – welcome back. So great to hear from you. You certainly have been busy

Lisa – lovely pics

Allie – Elana doesn’t mow? Good for her! And good for you not having to do it any more. How relieved you and Tracy must feel. I wish her only the absolute best

Went for a walk this morning after exercise. I thought I heard someone calling, but I didn’t see anyone so I figured it was my imagination. The guy across the street from us was calling me to see if he could borrow our robotic cleaner for the pool. We don’t have a problem with it. Made a loaf of sourdough bread which I’ll probably give him and his wife when they come over tonight. Will make another loaf for us. The house across the street from us just recently sold. It was WAAAYYYY overpriced, but it’s under contract for the full amount. Personally, I don’t care for the house. It doesn’t have cable. The MLS listing says that cable is available. Yes it is….IF you are willing to pay $2-3,000. You can’t have a pool. To me, it’s just a weird house. Doesn’t look at all like it belongs in the neighborhood. All the houses are brick, this one isn’t. It just looks so small compared to the other houses.

OK ….how did everyone get such cute/adorable/huggable grandchildren?????

Michele NC
    who is baking another loaf of bread and when it comes out of the oven, may go for another walk

He said, it wasn’t what I signed up for, there won’t be any feeling of fellowship, you just ride the one day and that’s it. So it rely worked out okay this way, he can be with yogi while I ride
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🤎💜
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options

Good for her!

I'm 54 and I have never mowed a lawn. Never operated a lawn mower!

Years ago I determined that if the time came I would actually have to do that, I'd move back into an apartment building.

My husband can do that, although the next time it's needed, I might get our lawn care guy in.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    fb2dezss7iea.png
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Good for her!

Years ago I determined that if the time came I would actually have to do that, I'd move back into an apartment building.

My husband can do that, although the next time it's needed, I might get our lawn care guy in.

M in Oz

I actually really enjoy mowing the lawn- here, our lawns are so small we usually just pull out the weed eater. The lawn I had when I was first married(first time) in Theodore, AL, I would mow the lawn while hubby was at work on the base-Coast Guard- I would need three long extension cords to get to the furthest part of the front lawn, had a large back lawn too. It rained so much all the time and was really warm so it grew fast. Also had fire ant hills in the lawn- They really didn't like getting mowed over. Hated those little suckers. Those and the "no-see-um's". Otherwise, great memories. Would love to go back.

Debbie
  • Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

Good for her!

M in Oz

I actually really enjoy mowing the lawn- here, our lawns are so small we usually just pull out the weed eater. The lawn I had when I was first married(first time) in Theodore, AL, I would mow the lawn while hubby was at work on the base-Coast Guard- I would need three long extension cords to get to the furthest part of the front lawn, had a large back lawn too. It rained so much all the time and was really warm so it grew fast. Also had fire ant hills in the lawn- They really didn't like getting mowed over. Hated those little suckers. Those and the "no-see-um's". Otherwise, great memories. Would love to go back.

Debbie

As a child, I remember watching my mother do it with a pull cord, petrol mower and it looked like so much work ... filling it up, trying to get it going, and it seemed so heavy too.

That's when I decided it was something I would not do.

M in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

Good for her!

M in Oz

Debbie

As a child, I remember watching my mother do it with a pull cord, petrol mower and it looked like so much work ... filling it up, trying to get it going, and it seemed so heavy too.

M in Oz

The gas mowers are hard work to start. Our first one was electric with a cord and the one we have now is electric, with a rechargeable battery
  • Machka9
    Options

Good for her!

M in Oz

Debbie

M in Oz

The gas mowers are hard work to start. Our first one was electric with a cord and the one we have now is electric, with a rechargeable battery

I think we have an electric now, and it does look easier to use. :)
  • Machka9
    Options
    fdobahn6dmfm.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I like that OK poster Machka. It's a bit like the book I've just read, The Way Of Integrity. Tell the truth to yourself. So many of us spend our lives trying to conform to what other people expect, or what we think they expect. Recognising that you are not in a good place is the start of change.
    In the old days I used to put a brave face on. Not any more.

I don't mow either. Nor will I. If DH can't do it, I'll get a man in. :D Life is too short. It's not common for women to mow in the UK. It must be the Pioneer Spirit in the U S. Most of you do far more physical work than we do over here, but some women love it, of course. As long as you enjoy it, good on yer!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    We replaced our old pull start petrol mower with one with an electric starter. Just push a button and steer. I find mowing very meditative.