WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Uuuuuu
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    almontyrat wrote: »
    I started out Cross country many years ago then got into ski patrol and started to telemark. I now do about 90% resort telemark so downhill but with free heels, 5% cross country on the skinny skis and 5% Alpine just because I have the gear and should use it. I rarely ski in Tas these days as the snow is so unreliable. I have three weeks booked at Falls Creek in Vic from the last week of July, I have fingers and toes crossed that I can actually go.

Do you ski?

Cross-country.

I'm Canadian-Australian so I did quite a lot of cross-country on the Canadian prairies. :) Unfortunately, as you say, the snow here is unreliable so I haven't skied here. We've got snow shoes and have used them once.

I hope you can get over to Falls Creek.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Al - Hi! I had to Google telemark skiing. I've never done any skiing, but I love dancing and still include bit of yoga and Pilates in my daily routine. I used to go to a weekly yoga class before I moved. Welcome to our thread.

Right now I'm trying to fix up a suitable time to chat with a Mexican guy to improve my Spanish and his English. The time difference makes things complicated! I'm not good in the evenings.

Last night DH accidentally knocked a full glass of red wine flying and it has left permanent marks on our new walls. We do have some left over paint in the garage, so I will have to investigate.
    Otherwise, we had a great time singing together last night, with the recorded voice and playing of our old group coach. Then I found some originals on YouTube which was fun. I never thought DH would take to singing! <3

The guy from the Amnesty bookshop has arranged to pick up our books tomorrow morning. Hooray! Four big boxes! Our garage will seem empty. We might scout around for some extras to throw in. :D

The weather here is glorious for the Bank Holiday. My son and family have been so lucky on holiday on the Isle of Wight. (It’s a small island, only reached by ferry, off the South Coast of England)

Now off to boost my calorie burn with a bit of rowing. I'm finding it really hard to lose any weight. Grrr!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    Heather- Did you try cleaning the wine stain with toothpaste? Just a suggestion to help you avoid painting. KJ
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :) The tomato plants are so happy being outdoors in the raised beds that they grew taller overnight. It's warmer today so that will encourage all the flower seeds we planted yesterday. I took the dogs out without their jackets this morning for the first time since last fall.

:)Pip, I enjoy reading your exercise statistics.

:) Look for the new thread later today.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    😊🏵️🌼🌟🧡
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbie: I will look for the new thread later today. Thank you for getting us started each month. It is a gift I appreciate very much. :heart:

I just took a look at my tomato plant. I might get a second one. The one I bought this year is determinant—meaning it will only grow so big. A few years ago, I had a tomato plant that was huge. Everyone snacked on the tomatoes and we had zillions of them. It was overwhelming.

Yesterday a dear friend stopped by. I was so pleased to see her. She grew up in our current town and moved to the City of Tualatin when our kids were all growing up. We lived there, too, back then. We worked together in the Tigard-Tualatin School District. She retired this year. I retired from there years ago.

I plan to keep an eye out for the link to June later today.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    The last day of autumn has ended and winter has begun ... all 12 minutes of it so far.

My house has been cleaned (joint effort), my laundry is done and put away and I am relatively set for June.

M in Oz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    B)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Happy Memorial Day. I am working a 12 hours shift and really don't mind as have the office to myself and do not have to wear a mask. Got payroll done and now just doing up some little things.

Had a nice couple days off. Went to our state CMA rally and heard a good message. Also got to Lincoln to visit my friend. She was so excited to see us. Now that they are doing weekend visits plan to get down there more often.

Got to meet the new GGS last evening and he is a cutie. So small. Our DGD is due anyday and if she is not delivered by next Monday they will induce her. Excited for her having a girl, they have 3 boys.

Beth--Pray all goes well with the picnic. It will be nice to share memories. Hugs! <3

Rori--No words, just lots of HUGS and prayers. <3

Allie--It should not make any difference about disabitily, Tom owes you and he needs to pay. He has gotten off way to easy for way to long. I would just tell him it is none of his business, do you ask about his and her incomes, I didn't think so.

Tracey--Beautiful table. What a great memory to have.

Well time to get something done. Have a great day ladies. Be looking for the new thread later today! Thanks Barbie.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :):):)

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Vicky- im not worried .. it will be all sorted out .. it wont look good on him making money hand over fist ,he thought he would be slick when we got divorced,it backfired on him and he ended up paying out more than he thought..
    We both signed the divorce decree,
    And even though i have some money in 401k and annuity, i also cant work ,so even though Tom and Elena arent married there is joint income coming in..
    I have an awesome attorney who did me right in the divorce so if i need to have her again,then I will..
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Rori- sweetie my deepest condolences...i can just see all the veterans with arms outstretched to welcome Bruce to be with them...
    If I was there i would do whatever I could help to make your life easier
    Love ya girl xoxoxo
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Rori - Sleep well, my friend. <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,722 Member
    Rori ... my deepest sympathy to you. May you find comfort and peace in the days ahead...

Beth near Buffalo
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    (((Rori))): I am so sorry for your loss. Bruce was a fine man who served his country well. You have been his guardian angel for quite some time. He was so lucky to have your love, care and concern. Sleep well. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Sending my Love,
    Katla
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    Rori- Rest well. Hugs!
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,288 Member
    Much love, Rori. The best of all the poems of flying, in Bruce's honor:

High Flight

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth,
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
    Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
    Of sun-split clouds, --and done a hundred things
    You have not dreamed of --Wheeled and soared and swung
    High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
    I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
    My eager craft through footless halls of air...
    Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
    I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
    Where never lark or even eagle flew --
    And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.
    -- John McGee, Jr.

With much love,
    Lisa