WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I'm feeling slightly better than earlier this morning.

Shot at 11 am yesterday.
    Pain began about 4 am today.
    Slightly better at 9 pm today.

I've been a little bit hot and cold and slightly nauseated & dizzy (although not more than my hot flashes) ... just mainly a whole lot of pain.

I am glad that I could get it, not relieved because it doesn't change anything in our lives, but glad I could help.

I just wish I could get Pfizer for my husband.

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! Happy Thursday! It is my last work day, this week. For the first time EVER I have taken tomorrow (the Friday before Memorial Day) off! For so many years, I have been open and watched children, while their parents have had it off and used the day to do what they like without their kids. It will be nice to have the four day weekend. My old lawnmower, Bill (yes, I name my tools and appliances), was replaced by a new, shiny, red mower named Marie K (because she fold up to save space and will be gotten rid of when she no longer sparks joy). So, I will spend part of my weekend with Marie K. I am also going to be doing some shopping and getting a few of my "classroom" projects done in the backyard. I will also be checking in with a few local childcare centers to see if anyone is putting in an order for Oaki all weather gear. If I can find someone else who is ordering some things from them, it will get me about $20 off per suit (so $40, rather than $60). I want to get about a dozen of their all weather suits so that the kids can play outside in all kinds of weather and messiness.
    Welcome new ladies!
    Vicki- So excited for you and your new (pending) grandbaby!
    Kylia - I completely forgot that you are knowledgeable about lawnmowers. I will have to hit you up for some insight with my new one and also regarding riding mowers. So happy your hubby did a couple little things for you! It does feel good to know that they notice our stress. May your SIL be cursed with warm beer and cold showers!

Well, kids have arrived. Thursdays are my "busy" day of the week with nine kids here. Hoping the forecast of rain for today, holds off until naptime! Right now the sun is shining and the skies are blue, so we will be outside right away and for as long as possible! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Margaret
    I didn't realize that you had other sons other than the one that passed! How many children were you blessed with? I always wanted more but DH was against having any more than our one son.

Lisa
    Happy baking! Hope you make lots of money and enjoy.

Debbie
    Good wishes for your upcoming weekend. Hope the older sister figures out that the dogs are not welcome and glad the younger sister will stand up for you and your mom.

Gotta go water the sod which is not doing very well in many places. The lawn guy assured me it was zoysia but I have a feeling it is not. I and DH hand sprigged one inch Amazoy plugs that still do well in most of the front yard.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Spent a very frustrating 45 mins trying to find out how to put accents on to letters on a Windows 10 laptop. Looked it up on Google, but couldn't manage it. Grrr! In the end I accessed my memoir through Dropbox on my tablet and altered the document that way. However, I've researched it again and I think I understand the instructions now. I was using the wrong keyboard numbers. I was trying to write Pêche Melba. :D Alt 0234 on the letter keys is ê. Haven't tried it yet. :o

Waiting in for an Amazon delivery. I will row and watch Call My Agent. I have nearly finished it all for the second time around. :'(:'(:'(

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💛❤️💙💚
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa: Levi is a cutie! I am charmed by his sweet face. 😊
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Biggest Loser Killer Circuit DVD then went for a walk. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise.

Debbie – lovely outfit. You are so talented. Wish I could do that.

Lisa – how labor intensive it will be to find the price of the cookies. I know that I wouldn’t do it. How would you price out the flour, that’s what I would be thinking. And the baking soda/powder? You can figure out the eggs and chips, even brown sugar, the butter. Good luck, let me know what you come up with. I’ll let you do the work <snicker>

Heather – good for you booking that cruise!

The vet called today to express his condolences for Bonnie. That made Vince more teary. Well, time heals all wounds. I’m still hurting from Cocoa, just not as much. And Cocoa has been gone well over 20 years now.

The guys have gone to Waffle House. I just have no desire.

I have found that not only is one of my new passions seeing how many steps I can get in, another is to try to reduce the time it takes for me to walk around the block. So far it’s a little less than 1-1/2 mile and I usually do that in 35 minutes.

Ceramics tonight

Annie DE – good for you getting in 10 minutes. It’s a start, pretty soon it’ll be 15 then 20 then 25 and so on

Debbie – how sad that the kids won’t be at the funeral. I sure hope things work out for you and your mom.

Ginger – I can do real well all day, and then the evening hits and things go to pot if I let them. I have found that a few saltine crackers help as does some applesauce. I buy those individual cups and freeze them. Frozen grapes also seem to take a long time to eat.

The guy who is going to do the landscaping in front of the house came by today to video what it is that needs to be done.

Michele NC

Michele- thanks- I started sewing when I was in 4th grade and love it. I even made my dress when I got married to current DH- I paid less for all the fabric for it than my parents paid just for alterations on my first dress (was a size 4 and only 4'11" when I got married the first time so quite a bit of alterations. I haven't sewn anything for myself in years-because of my weight, I didn't like how anything fit. Still not happy but working on it.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    Last night I realised I didn't know the French for 'cruise', or the Orkney Islands. So I Google Translated them this morning. A cruise is 'une croisière', and it is 'les Îles Orcades'.
    What a miracle Google Translate is! I know it makes mistakes, and, in the early days, some of the translations were laughable, but it's an amazing tool and can speak sentences out loud to you. You can have a lot of fun.

Debbie - Where did you go to? Our ships are really tiny compared to yours, only 999 passengers. Saga only takes over 50s, but most are in their 70s, or older.

DH's sister is going to ring us this evening. It's been a while since we chatted. She is on the list for a complete ankle replacement. Only a couple of surgeons can do it in the UK. She smashed it in her twenties, jumping into the sea, and hit a rock. Up until now she has managed pretty well, but she will be 68 next month. We get on very well and have missed her over lockdown.

Machka - I felt like that, mostly stayed in bed, but it only lasted a day. I'm the same with the flu jab. I bounced back better the next day though! :D I was soooo happy to be double vaxxed. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

We have gone south, along the California coast down to Ensenada a few times and we went up north up the coast up into Seattle, Vancouver, Victoria.
    I would love to do one of the ones out of Florida but he isn't interested in that.
    We may do the Alaskan one next but most likely repeat one we have already done.
    Won't be going on any until things are lifted some- the one restriction he read about that is a deal breaker is that you HAVE to book an excursion in order to be allowed off the ship. We like to get off the ship and just walk around the area, meet up with friends or just shop. As of now, he said you can't do that.
    I wish I had a friend to go on a cruise with. DH always invites a friend of his- really nice guy and fun to be around, but every single trip it is all of us- the guys talk and I am ignored- I even talked to DH about it before our last cruise and he did a little better but not great. They are already planning a Vegas trip-I told him if the big pool is open I will go(it is AMAZING) if not, I am staying home.

Debbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Gina: Welcome! Stop by often and get to know us. 😊
  • LisaKinVA
    LisaKinVA Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! Thankful for the coming weekend. I need to get my books sorted and entered for a curriculum sale. (mostly need to get my kids to help me enter them all) It feels good to finally be purging a lot of this stuff from my house.

Last night of practice this week. Heading with my daughter to the pool tomorrow morning. I don't know how much I'll swim, but even 500 meters is something. Still feeling a bit sleepy and tired this week, but I'm working through it.

It's my coffee break now ... going to make a fruit dip from vanilla protein powder and PB2 (mixing with water) ... I'll snack on that with an apple. That should take me to dinner (have a pork loin in the crock pot).
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    LisaKinVA wrote: »
    It's my coffee break now ... going to make a fruit dip from vanilla protein powder and PB2 (mixing with water) ... I'll snack on that with an apple. That should take me to dinner (have a pork loin in the crock pot).

That is a good idea. I will try that. I buy really sweet opal apples and rarely put anything on them, but I need more protein that isn't meat, so that's a good alternative. Thanks!

Tina in CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Got a call from sleep center have to go July 11 for a sleep study.. swell
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Got a call from sleep center have to go July 11 for a sleep study.. swell

I did a sleep study years ago and it was the best night's sleep I'd had in years. :smile: Obviously, they didn't find a reason I wasn't sleeping, but hopefully you get some answers.

Tina in CA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Welcome Gina!

I'm glad I burnt a lot of exercise calories today, because my eating wasn't brilliant. At least I used shiritaki noodles for my pasta dish, but pesto is stuffed with calories! :o Delicious though and bursting with broccoli, broad beans, peas, artichoke heart and a few large prawns.

Hoping to have a quick chat with my son before they set off for the half term break to the Isle of Wight. I want to remind him to book Sunday lunch for the 6th at Fatto a Mano. The weather is improving rapidly and looks set fair for the Bank Holiday weekend. That means day trippers, so we will avoid the seafront in the daytime. I may run 5k tomorrow morning early. My friends and I have an afternoon Zoom booked.

Debbie - The Alaska option sounds wonderful. I remember Pip 's amazing photos from that cruise. B) Would you consider going alone if no one can go with you? On our trips there are many single women who soon make friends. It is more expensive though. :*

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Tues: BP, dogs to powerline. Wed: T’ai chi!!!, Recycling, Dog group!!!
    Bonus: Tues: laptop to Doug, line dancing. Wed one load laundry.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, chiro, bottledrop, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, board meeting minutes, follow up with Dr re: Joe’s annual charges not covered 100%, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Meaningful May:
    24: Recall three things you’ve done that you are proud of: chopping brush, working with Shadow and Tumble on “Down” and “Stay”, dragged my but back to T’ai Chi and danced the full two hours (minus 4 dances=DIYW, E, H and NBY).
    25: Make choices that have a positive effect for others today: CHC.
    26:Ask someone else what matters most to them, and why: hmm dare I ask Joe?
    27: Remember an event in your life that was really meaningful: a FB friend posted a reminder of my retirement party 4 years ago today.

Did a little better at line dancing Tuesday night, danced all but 4 of the new ones, kept my mask on all evening as I know for a fact that at least two aren’t and won’t be vaccinated. Was the only person masked.

Took a chance yesterday morning and checked at the activity center. Yes, there was T’ai Chi! Only 4 of us, all fully vacced, and our county just went to lower risk so we were able to unmask. While probably verboten, we also hugged, the second and third hugs I’ve received in the past 15 months. So cheering!

Katla fingers X’d your DH is enthusiastic about the train trip across the country.
    Tina so sorry for your loss. What you said to Heather. Truth.
    Margaret ticks, ugh! Is there any way to keep her out of the tall grass/bushes where the ticks hang out? Oh I see that’s the plan. Yes and peppermint or even some diluted essential eucalyptus oil might discourage the dreadful things.
    Welcome @dkginger in KP in AZ! We’re glad you’re here!
    Ginny a little envious of your personal watermelon. I’ve been afraid to invest as think they might not be ripe/sweet enough yet…
    Barbie thankful for Jake’s good news, and your delightful self-presents. Look forward to pics when they bloom.
    Debbie adding my “little drama” and cooler than forecast prayers to yours. Your outfit looks just right. I wish you had a GF to go with you and your DH and his buddy, too. Could you take your Mom?
    Heather I’m delighted to hear you booked the cruise and look forward to visiting Scandinavia and the Orkneys through you ;)
    Machka sorry for the second Pfizer’s effect on you. Hope it passes quickly. Why can’t your DH get the Pfizer vac?
    LisaK inVA prayers for your GSD(?).
    Allie sorry Taliah was such a pill, and yes I remember those days too. Payback stinks. July seems a long time to wait for your sleep study… [sigh]
    Vicki sending prayers for an easy delivery and everyone healthy.
    Annie attagal, Walking and more water, yeah!
    Welcome @tinalongworth.
    Ginger congrats on day one. Baby steps. Feeling overwhelmed is a sure sleep killer. Is there anything you can do when that feeling hits? I used to get overwhelmed by my to do list, so left a few dishe in the sink. If I woke and couldn’t get back to sleep because of the endless cycle of “I’ve got to”s, I’d get up, wash the dishes and be able to go back to sleep. Some people write the most pressing/overwhelming issue on a piece of paper and put it into a “God’s box”. Whatever works for you.
    Lisa looking forward to a pic of your farmers’ market table ;):love: the look on Levi’s face!
    KJ it sounds like you’re sending Kylia’s SIL to England ;)
    Welcome @Marilynfan1926 Gina in NJ! This is a very very supportive (and chatty) group.

Time to shower and get up and at ‘em. If Its too rainy to walk I WILL DO THE MINUTES today, before the chiropractor.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    May: leaner/stronger/kinder than April.
    daily: sit with Joe:26 , weigh/wii: 27/1/14; steps>6362=Tue:7288 Wed:6824 vits=23.5, log=26, CI<CO=21, CI<250<CO=18, Tumble=16, Shadow=19, mfp=21, outside=25, up hill=22, clean 10=13.5
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3=1 rX x4=4 dance=3, packwalk x2=5,
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/2:139.1!, 5/9:141.8, 5/16:140.7, 5/23:141.8, 5/30: 5/31:.
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.5
    bonus: AF=18 play=1 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW