WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Busy day planned, am going to bake a few dozen cookies and whatever else I can to take to the farmer's market this weekend. Probably cowboy cookies (toasted oatmeal, pecans and coconut, as well as raisins and chocolate chips and whatever else I can think of in a cookie base made with molasses) and chocolate chip cookies with and without pecans. Might make some banana bread today, but may wait until Friday. Friday I'll make yeast rolls and loaves, and possibly a couple pans of cinnamon rolls. Somewhere in there, I might put together some brownies. I want to try to make my own caramel to add to the brownies, so that may be one that I try the following week.

Yesterday was a pricing trip to Sam's Club, took pics of price cards all over the store to see what ingredients will cost me. Don't want to do this if it costs more to make than I can sell it for... so that means pricing out every ingredient and then defining what each cookie costs. Need to make sure I add the house overhead into that cost - gas, electric, etc., as well as my time. Feels like math problems in school!

When I'm not baking, I hope to be working on this quilt and getting it off my plate, and I also picked up an assignment that's due on Tuesday from one of the customers of the content mill I work for on seven steps for disaster preparedness for business.

I think my husband thought I'd be bored when I retired.

Hahahahaha!

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Aren't Sam's Club things online?

Yep - but it's a good way to get out of my house on a rainy day. :smiley:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    KJ Good job on the weight. Plateaus are inevitable, sadly, but just keep on keeping on. <3<3
    Strangely enough, having the cruises booked has given me the motivation to lose the weight that has crept on over the last three years, most of it before the pandemic. I've been really good for three days now. Just need to keep going. I don't want to be sitting in my glorious suite, feeling fat. :noway:

I'm going to the French Circle on my own tonight. DH has an important football final to watch. I think I will enjoy it more on my own! :p Like most British men, he is a bit self-conscious about talking in a foreign language, although he understands it perfectly well. He was reluctant to tell me he didn't want to go, but I'm happy.

Machka - Hooray for the 2nd jab!!!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    Weekly grocery shopping done and dusted. We treated ourselves to some new bedding as our current duvet covers are rather thin and the lace trim is quite ragged.

The shopping centre was quite bright and cheerful now that all the shops have reopened. Social distancing is still mandatory, and I am hoping it stays that way.

Weather set fair, so gardening is likely this afternoon.

Holidays: DH and I are in no hurry to rush abroad just yet. There are just far too many uncertainties globally. After our last holiday to Croatia in May 2019, we had almost decided that we were no longer enjoying the hassle of going abroad, and were planning to explore Ireland more fully.

A cruise would be an option if we lived in mainland Britain, but the options from our local ports are very limited.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your happy bday wishes, it was a relaxing day like they all are....😜
  • LisaKinVA
    LisaKinVA Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My thoughts to those of you who are grieving the loss of fur-babies and friends. It's never easy to lose loved ones. My GSD is turning 8, and I know our years with her are growing short. I find myself wondering how she feels today (she also has an autoimmune disease, so we have to be careful about her diet, etc.).

I woke up thinking it was Thursday. I guess I've lived more of this week in my head than I truly have -- as it's just Wednesday. Still taking it easy today, but feeling much better than yesterday. I experimented with PB2... mixed it with some chocolate protein powder and water, put it on a carb-balance tortilla with 1/2 a banana and some keto granola (nuts, seeds, coconut, blueberry), and toasted it up on the stove. It was a really nice warm treat (not chocolate-filled croissant nice ... but I could definitely do that with a coffee in the morning now and then! I made so much of this "spread" that I sliced up an apple (sprinkled with cinnamon) and will have that as a snack with my coffee in about an hour. More carbohydrates and sugar than I normally take in, but no "added" sugars, which is usually what I count -- I still try not to overdo the fruits.

Another night at the park tonight, coaching the summer-league swim kids. I figure with all of the outdoor time I'm getting, my vitamin D levels are going to really perk up this summer (Currently on Vit D2 script for three more weeks because they got so low after being mostly shut-in for a year). Tonight, they get to learn the "hollow" pose for backstroke, and an exercise for breaststroke kicking/breathing before moving onto the games. I've planned four games/relays for the evening (breaking the kids out into four groups (8&U, 9-10, 11-12, and 13 and Over). We'll rotate through the games/relays, and the kids should be pretty tired at the end of it.

After tonight, just one more night of practice in the park before moving into the pool and the real fun begins!! My exercise will be truly "book-ended." I'll be starting with the morning walk with the dogs (about 1.5 miles, building that to 2 and maybe 3 this summer). Work break exercises (TRX) throughout the day ... and ending at the pool (combination of fast walking/some in-pool activity, with yoga stretches at night). And that will be my pattern for the next month (before it all changes again).

LisainAR If you have a business license, you should be able to get into a restaurant supply store. I've found their prices (and often quality) to be better than most club stores. As a former "caker," they also sell cake flour in bulk (along with hi-ratio shortening).

Have a great day everyone!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💘💝💖
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    LisaKinVA wrote: »
    LisainAR If you have a business license, you should be able to get into a restaurant supply store. I've found their prices (and often quality) to be better than most club stores. As a former "caker," they also sell cake flour in bulk (along with hi-ratio shortening).

Have a great day everyone!

LisaKinVA, Thanks for the thought, but I'm just selling at a local farmer's market. The only restaurant supply store near me is pure equipment, no foodstuff. No worries, I'll do what I do in a small way. Just don't want it to cost more to make than I can sell it for--not fair to my husband, who is footing the bill for anything I buy right now.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Ok I haven't left this island since last November, crazy huh?!! But truly, the island has all we need. My world is a patch of island 37 miles long and 10 miles wide is odd to me...
    Well time for gym.
    Today is a good day for a good day!
    💖 Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :) Carol in GA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    I went out to dinner last night and had a wonderful meal, plus my first alcoholic drink since Thanksgiving. I was 300 calories under the day before, and will likely do that again today, but yesterday was way over. Hope the scale is forgiving because I am on a team challenge now. The team wins if the total weight loss is highest among six teams. So it's not just my loss anymore. But that didn't stop me last night! I had a stuffed pork chop with green beans and Brussels sprouts. I keep wanting to weigh myself and see what the damage is, but it would be better to just drink lots of water today and wait.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    No yoga today- :'(
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I’m aware that I have missed quite a lot while skim reading the last week.

Welcome to our new members.
    Sincere sympathy if you have lost friends, family or pets. (((Hugs)))
    Best wishes to all💕💖💕

☘️ Terri
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    I walked ten minutes. Yay! I did more stretching this time.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    :#