Mental Health and Weight Loss: The Right Balance

Options
123457»

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    royjason96 wrote: »
    We all need to start with an exclusive therapy known as Expressive Therapy For Depression

Why?? Are we back to assuming everyone who is overweight has a mental issue?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    royjason96 wrote: »
    We all need to start with an exclusive therapy known as Expressive Therapy For Depression

Why?? Are we back to assuming everyone who is overweight has a mental issue?

That ID had 2 posts, total, ever. Both linked that Healthline article. I think they've now both been spam-flagged into the bit-bucket.
  • al0481113
    al0481113 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    When I was younger and much heavier I was not confident at all. I didn't want to go out with my friends because "I am too fat to belong to skinny companies ". Food (sweets, junk, pastry) was my only one friend. We spent together all evenings and weekends. We never got bored together. But once when I finally realized that food is not everything I lost 50 lbs. It was a long way but I made it. And yes, it took time to make my brain think differently about how I look. Still sometimes I can't believe that I wear XS size 🤪