Ask me anything - nutrition coach

Options

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I want to point out that there are 'US gallons' (3.78 l) and 'UK gallons' (4.54 l) for those reading who are confused! It's something I didn't know myself, until I read this thread :smile:
    (But both are high numbers, I agree)

Oh, and that as well. I didn't know it either. I just typed 1 gallon to liter into google. Thus TO also needs to realize that this is a very international forum, and what he writes might very well be misunderstood by some. Imagine our UK members suddenly start drinking 4.5l of water each day!
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I'm not American so I don't understand gallon,ounces,miles etc. so could you tell me how much is 1 gallon in glasses. I'm not dumb just not very educated as I happen to be mentally ill.

A gallon is just a bit under 4 liters. Hopefully this helps. In the US there really isn't a standard size "glass".
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Sidetracking a bit here.
    I want to point out that there are 'US gallons' (3.78 l) and 'UK gallons' (4.54 l) for those reading who are confused! It's something I didn't know myself, until I read this thread :smile:

Yup it’s a thing. It’s because we use a different pint.

On both sides of the pond 1 gal = 8 pints BUT...
    In the UK a pint is 20fl oz, whereas I believe as US pint is 16 fl oz (a fluid pound I guess?).
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    KNoceros wrote: »
    Sidetracking a bit here.

Yup it’s a thing. It’s because we use a different pint.

On both sides of the pond 1 gal = 8 pints BUT...
    In the UK a pint is 20fl oz, whereas I believe as US pint is 16 fl oz (a fluid pound I guess?).

Don't you wan to join the metric crowd? It's super easy, and we're friendly <3
    To be honest, I'd not even know what the size of a glass is. My glasses range from 150ml to 400ml, with the biggest being my everyday tea glass.
This discussion has been closed.